Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want a MK1`but the prices are so0o high now, I am almost tempted to grab the Mech Test tony. But either way... 2 more days until I get mine!

Funny but everyone seems to love that one but I'm not a fan. Not sure why. I had ordered it last night just to be a completest, but cancelled it this morning.

I've watched the movie a number of times and reviewed the Mark III scenes a lot when I was testing out my sound system. The suit is quite red and not as dark as the same shot everyone keeps grabbing.

IronMan.jpg

5euzya.png

hes-iron-man.jpg

iron-man-movie-poster-3.jpg

If anything the paint should be something in between the BD and the V1. Sideshow and Legacy's Mark III maquette should be the most accurate. It would be pretty shameful if Legacy got the color wrong on the suit they designed. Then again, it's Sideshow who is painting it.

iron_man_mkIII.jpg

Rule number one: never EVER refer to Sideshow's press photography as a reference to actual, obtainable products. Those photos are mythical and misleading. :lecture

But what about that screencap then?

Btw thanks for digging up those shots Raikirik. I was having very luck searching google :p

Last edited:
I received the figure earlier this week. I think it looks great! To be honest I'm not sure if the color is 100% accurate, but then again looking at the posts above it seems there are different shades of red depending on the screen cap/production pic.
As to which shade best suits the design/figure, I guess that would be a matter of opinion... but didn't RDJ have that line in the movie: "Add some Hot Rod Red" when the suit was being manufactured? He never said "add some maroon" - Don't get me wrong I think maroon and gold looks good too. I just prefer the Hot Rod Red for this particular figure.

And the quality and sheen of the paint itself is amazing. I wish the SS Classic IM Comiquette had the same paint.

Recieved my one a few hours ago.

But do I prefer him to the V1. I gotta say, I do not know yet.

I gotta book cover deadline today so I haven yet to really get in there and do some comparing and nerding.

I really dunno what to do yet but one of the Mark III's has gotta go.

here's a quick phone pic:

IMAG0172.jpg

Push the head down further. It'll give you a second's worth of resistance but then just go down. If you have one that won't budge like we saw with the original Mk III you can just with a knife open up the hole on the head a bit, it won't damage it really. The heads usually aren't pushed down all the way even in shipping and that can solve the problem quick

It goes down a bit more. But I'd be too scared taking a knife to it. Is there any pics or steps in the pricedure going around.

I just wish those shoulders were higher up like that more bulky looking Sideshow statue.

I think he 's looking pretty bad ass here though with the head tilted down.

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

You probably don't need the knife, I never used it. Just take the head off and put back on over and over so you can loosen the joint, it'll go down further the looser it gets.

Thanks dude! I may give that a go. The head won't get all floppy now will it?

I got him sat in front of me while watching the Election and I'm really liking this figure more and more.

I think I'll keep him and sell on the V1.

This BD version just feels more like the movie Iron Man to me. I think it's the new gold that really give him more umph.
Neck is still a little erk but he's got that heavier looking chest so that makes up for it. :)

I guess much like any joints you could use a hairdryer to warm up the plastic a little as well. The hot water method is probably a bad idea due to the batteries and circuits inside the neck :lol

Dude, he looks great. I'm honestly surprised the paint application and laundry list of features didn't instantly win you over. He's one of Hot Toys' finest, I think. I see your photos and think, "Wow, I want that!" And then I remember, oh yeah, I have him! :D Took a few more photos tonight myself.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Finally picked up my BD IM from my local comic shop. This is my first Hot Toys figure and I'm so sure this won't be the last. Pictures can't really describe how awesome this toy is. One thing though the second I took out the main figure from its packaging the right shoulder armor plate just pops off, at first ok i'll just tab it back in but nope upon further inspection i saw remnants of glue so a quick fix with super glue I glued the tabs to the plastic with 2 small holes that holds the spring and good as new.

DSC_6324.jpg

Dude, he looks great. I'm honestly surprised the paint application and laundry list of features didn't instantly win you over. He's one of Hot Toys' finest, I think. I see your photos and think, "Wow, I want that!" And then I remember, oh yeah, I have him! :D Took a few more photos tonight myself.

https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0033/web.jpg?ver=12731971090001
https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0029/web.jpg?ver=12731894800001
https://gallery.me.com/cbauer/100103/DSC_0040/web.jpg?ver=12731894620001

You are right dude!
He is indeed awesome. It has totally won me over in the short time I have had him and just looks pimpin on the shelf with the Mark I. :rock2

Back