Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a second viewing of Iron Man 3 I enjoyed Ben Kingsley a lot more. While, I'm still a fan of the choice they made with the character, he gave a pretty good performance.

Some close up's of the chair

1391585_572228656183455_1399587681_n.jpg

1385770_572228659516788_1355309766_n.jpg

1209150_572228652850122_1588389742_n.jpg

1384091_572228729516781_2048027392_n.jpg

1395276_572228739516780_1235224321_n.jpg

1383770_572228732850114_2114645653_n.jpg

1381515_572228809516773_2045525096_n.jpg

Is Marvel being sneaky-sneaky?

'Actor Ben Kingsley has revealed that he's working on a "secret Marvel project" during promotions for Ender's Game. Will Kingsley be reprising his role from Iron Man 3? Do fans want to see 'Trevor Slattery' return?

"It's a secret Marvel project. I'm not allowed to say any more, you're going to have to wait and see," said Sir Ben Kingsley when asked about working with Marvel Studios again. This statement comes from the veteran actor's recent promotional tour for Ender's Game. Kingsley refused to say whether that project is a return for his character from Iron Man 3 but that seems the likeliest option at this juncture.

On working with Marvel as a whole, Kingsley has nothing but praise for the film studio. "I think they have enormous taste as creative artists. There's nothing lazy or gratuitous about their work. They are at the top of their game, and they're great company to keep."

Kevin Feige was also asked about Ben's secret project but decline to comment. What do you think it could be? A return of Trevor Slattery in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, etc.? Voice-over work for Big Hero 6? Or something else entirely?

Source: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=88887

I was waiting for a post credits scene where he was in jail and his mystical 10 rings would glow revealing his whole "Trevor Slattery" character was just a ruse to get Tony to look the other way. "You'll never see me coming..." But instead, we got a therapy session... :slap

I said from day one I still think he may be the real mandarin just seems odd to use someone as high profile as kingsley for a side role, I could be wrong though

During his 'performances' as The Mandarin he actually picked up a few thing...names, contacts, information and more importantly (potentially) the taste and feeling of real power. Real power as opposed to the play acting version of before. So he goes for it.

Hey Presto...Kingsley becomes the 'real' Mandarin.

Plus, weren't most of the lackeys and goons unaware of the fact he was an actor apart from a select few. (From the way Killian portrayed him to be vicious and not make eye contact when filming his TV spots)

He could feasibly have a lot of people willing to follow him still

If Marvel decides that there is a twist and he turns out to be the real Mandarin, imagine how many people would flock to pre-order this figure... :lol I know I would. :yess:

The super secret marvel project could be a short to be added to a dvd release of Thor.
Although i am not the diehard "cry like a baby because of Trever Slattery" Mandarin fan, i picture it like this:

Trevor is under arrest and sitting in a small cell which is barred off in the middle of a larger room with guards around the outer walls with rifles, and he is drinking a beer watching the footie match. He's got his Man U scarf over his head singing and laughing because his team is winning.
The guards sneer and shake their heads at each other that THIS is The Mandarin...
There's a pop. The lights and TV all go out.
There are sounds of a scuffle.
The lights come back on.
There are a team of baddies standing there and the guards are all down. Trevor stands up and sheepishly inches towards the(Now open) cell door with a look of terror on his face towards the baddie in the doorway. He is showing all the "trevor-isms" and looks very afraid
The baddie drops on one knee, with an ornately carved wooden box in his hand raised up to Trevor.
Trevor lifts the lid of the box and there are ten rings lying on velvet.
Trevor's face changes into a malevolent sneer and the rings all fly onto his fingers.
He sweeps past the baddies(All on one knee now), and says(In the IM3 Trailer voice):

"It would seem that phase 2 is well underway. Come. We have work to do"

The super secret marvel project could be a short to be added to a dvd release of Thor.
Although i am not the diehard "cry like a baby because of Trever Slattery" Mandarin fan, i picture it like this:

Trevor is under arrest and sitting in a small cell which is barred off in the middle of a larger room with guards around the outer walls with rifles, and he is drinking a beer watching the footie match. He's got his Man U scarf over his head singing and laughing because his team is winning.
The guards sneer and shake their heads at each other that THIS is The Mandarin...
There's a pop. The lights and TV all go out.
There are sounds of a scuffle.
The lights come back on.
There are a team of baddies standing there and the guards are all down. Trevor stands up and sheepishly inches towards the(Now open) cell door with a look of terror on his face towards the baddie in the doorway. He is showing all the "trevor-isms" and looks very afraid
The baddie drops on one knee, with an ornately carved wooden box in his hand raised up to Trevor.
Trevor lifts the lid of the box and there are ten rings lying on velvet.
Trevor's face changes into a malevolent sneer and the rings all fly onto his fingers.
He sweeps past the baddies(All on one knee now), and says(In the IM3 Trailer voice):

"It would seem that phase 2 is well underway. Come. We have work to do"

I had something like that pictured in my head as a post credit scene in IM3. As cool as it would be, I doubt they will be backpedaling. Still...I'm very curious what it will end up as :lol

Back