1/6 Hot Toys - MMS563 - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is the same as the avengers release from way back, but with a plastic shield instead? Meh.

This isn't the same as the original A1 release. This isn't even an update of that release. The hairstyles on the unmasked head sculpts are completely different and the accessories include Loki's staff in a case instead of the Chitari rifle. This represents the 2023 version of Cap that went back to 2012. However, if you display him in the masked HS, it could be used for the 2012 version.

So, based on your logic there... all the $400.00 diecast Iron Man releases are cheap pot metal? Brilliant.

They?re mostly plastic. At least the ones I have are. There isn?t enough die cast to justify the ridiculous price tags of these things.

I have a Mark 7 on payment plan, because I can?t swallow the $504 price tag all at once.

The diecast in iron man figures is zinc alloy, which is technically pot metal. Zinc is cheap to die-cast compared to other metals. Diecast is generally poor quality metal. So cheap pot metal, while coming across as a bit insulting considering how much we spend on these, is technically correct. What makes the diecast figures more expensive is not the cost of the material itself, but the cost of the tools/casting equipment to make them, which requires a much higher initial capital investment than making plastic pieces.

Given that you cannot see the difference between how equal quality paint looks on plastic vs diecast (just look at your "diecast" iron man and see if you can tell what parts are plastic vs diecast just by looking at them) - I would have personally preferred all plastic figures due to lower cost and additional pose-ability. However, I collect a lot of Iron Man's and rarely handle the figures, so the added weight which gives you a sense of higher quality doesn't really do anything for me. For those who collect fewer pieces, that added sense of quality may be worth it. I personally would prefer to save money to spend on more figures, but we don't really have a choice on that so no sense arguing about it.

The diecast in iron man figures is zinc alloy, which is technically pot metal. Zinc is cheap to die-cast compared to other metals. Diecast is generally poor quality metal. So cheap pot metal, while coming across as a bit insulting considering how much we spend on these, is technically correct. What makes the diecast figures more expensive is not the cost of the material itself, but the cost of the tools/casting equipment to make them, which requires a much higher initial capital investment than making plastic pieces.

Given that you cannot see the difference between how equal quality paint looks on plastic vs diecast (just look at your "diecast" iron man and see if you can tell what parts are plastic vs diecast just by looking at them) - I would have personally preferred all plastic figures due to lower cost and additional pose-ability. However, I collect a lot of Iron Man's and rarely handle the figures, so the added weight which gives you a sense of higher quality doesn't really do anything for me. For those who collect fewer pieces, that added sense of quality may be worth it. I personally would prefer to save money to spend on more figures, but we don't really have a choice on that so no sense arguing about it.

Good God man, that makes perfect sense! What the hell are you doing on THIS forum! :D

So, based on your logic there... all the $400.00 diecast Iron Man releases are cheap pot metal? Brilliant.

Some of you are just determined to continue to be blissfully uneducated about these "Diecast" figures despite all attempts to educate you huh? I will try again. These "Diecast" figures are and will continue to be MOSTLY PLASTIC. PAINT LOOKS THE SAME ON PLASTIC OR DIECAST METAL.

I’m in the camp that prefers plastic, but if I really want a figure,I’ll get it, diecast or not. Speak with your wallet.

I'm patiently waiting for the Endgame Cap to release this month. BUT I'm sooo excited for this 2.0 version to come out. I cant wait to see some comparison reviews between new and old. Looks completely revamped. Maybe they'll do a new stealth suit or TFA.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Still surprised that HT, a company that loves reissuing older figures, didn't use the opportunity to re-release the Stealth Suit yet.

Hmm, it's as if reissues are only for Iron Man...

No Cap figure other than the Concept one is good enough for a straight up reissue anyway. Of course the problem with 2.0s is sometimes it can be one step forward one step back.

The strike suit is in desperate need of a 2.0 :pray:
The EG Cap improvements give me hope it can be done well. We get Vision with bigger abs but we're still waiting on this :slap
htstrike3.jpg
rekhwoh0ic951.jpg

Attachments

• 486d38b4290171065e23d7256c765f39.jpg
    486d38b4290171065e23d7256c765f39.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 42bef0b034cbca6e97258387bcc82d9f.jpg
    42bef0b034cbca6e97258387bcc82d9f.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 276
The strike suit is in desperate need of a 2.0 :pray:
The EG Cap improvements give me hope it can be done well. We get Vision with bigger abs but we're still waiting on this :slap

If they do Stealth Cap they can re-release Bucky while they are at it, with upgrade sculpts and the *&^%$ Mark II Gerber knife this time. Although, TWS Bucky will always be one of my favorites.

Back