1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode III ROTS Count Dooku Collectible Figure

I'm definitely getting a Dooku to go with Tarkin.

Cool to see Dooku teased again... Even the PT figures will sell out a year from now while they are still trying to get rid of the ST figures (TFA & TLJ) :lol

:lol Very true. And don’t forget even the usually very lax BBTS put NRDs on all the TLJ figures, which they normally only reserve for items over $400.

Well... I needs me some of that sweet, sweet, Dooku

Just curious - how many people grabbing Dooku watch TCW? I enjoy his character much more after seeing the show, but I thought his character in just the movies was really meh.

Just curious - how many people grabbing Dooku watch TCW? I enjoy his character much more after seeing the show, but I thought his character in just the movies was really meh.

I would get him either way, but TCW definitely made his character a complete badass. Still wish Disney had not cancelled the show when they acquired LF, I could never get into rebels.

Same here...Ok in the movies...the show really fleshed out the character....same for anakin, same for obi honestly, and I loved the development of the clones

ROTS would have been improved if General Grievous didn't exist and Dooku's role extended. I liked Dooku. Much more of a presence than some cartoon POS.

I would get him either way, but TCW definitely made his character a complete badass. Still wish Disney had not cancelled the show when they acquired LF, I could never get into rebels.

Took me a while to get into rebels, Didn't truly enjoy it till like season 3. Got better when the characters started to get older (Ezra & Sabine)/more experienced and adding Ashoka and Rex is what really got me into it. And any episode with Vader was of course great. Saddens me to find out Filloni had up to 8 seasons of some dialogue recorded. So should've been around for at least 3 more seasons.

Another nail in the coffin for me when it comes to Disney's Star Wars. If they didn't create it, it seems they want to bury it... Sad.

Was also glad fans can finally realize Ashoka did indeed die in that episode of Rebels. Most people didn't get what Filloni did. Because they saw her limping into the dark they thought she survived. It was more of an emotional sendoff seeing a beloved character walk off into the dark and fade away rather than seeing Vader/Anakin kill his Padawan on screen. But then they ruined it with the stupid Ezra stunt in the time thing.. Still haven't seen the last 3 episodes yet, got em on the DVR.

Wow, and here I was surprised they did Tarkin. :lol

Dooku as he is in the PT is a pretty meh character, but maybe the animated series bumped his stock the way RO did for Tarkin.

Fantastic. Glad to finally see HT getting to the prequels. Hopefully there will be more to come. It may be time to start selling off my PFs.

YES! How cool is it that both Cushing and now Lee are being immortalized in sixth-scale!

YES! How cool is it that both Cushing and now Lee are being immortalized in sixth-scale!

Haven’t they already been immortalized with actual Hammer figures?

Now with Dooku coming next, I wonder who else from the PT will come after? Windu probably.

At this stage im more curious what are they gonna show us at SDCC this year

A definite buy for me! I would think they might do a hand-held death star hologram from the end scene in AOTC. I'm good with just the Count and his saber though...

I think that's probably true. Prequel figures will never have the broad, geek allure of original trilogy figures. BUT, there is nostalgia for them in some circles, and that's what really moves product in the geek collectible world. So, they will beat out the newer characters in sales. In 10-15 years, we might see a resurgence of interest in the sequel trilogy (which I suppose we should change the name to, now that they're planning extensive film spinoffs and whatnot).

Lol, this is very accurate for me at least. Grew up with the prequels so they have a special part in my heart even though they are not as good as I once thought...

Nostalgia, it’s funny how uninteresting things in present can become interesting after a period of time. Soon I’ll probably have all the prequel figures at PO 😂

They need to do a handless/headless version.
Would that make sense though. They didn’t show his expression when he got his head chopped, just the back of a manakin head :lol

They could do a comlink with either Sidious or Grievous as a hologram to go with him. Or a 2 pack with him and a Magna Guard.

Back