1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Ugh, when are they gonna come up with a new technique for the blades

After they've sold you every lightsaber they can... then it will be time to upgrade.

And there will still be people who whine because of the lack of consistency -- their OCD would rather have consistency over a better product.

Are you freakin kidding..NRD with BBTS :pfft:

Glad the Lee family let HT have the rights to his likeness

Last edited:

I really want this because I love Christopher Lee, but NRD...

Re: Hot Toys AOTC Count Dooku

Are there any other websites that don’t have an NRD? Bigbadtoystore used to be my go to but it looks like it’s a permanent thing now.

I think they have finally wisened up to people pre-ordering figures just for the fun of it and then cancelling when sideshow gets it sooner. If you think about some of the latest pre-orders they have sold out on bbts within hours. At least with an NRD if they cancel they get something out of it.

I think this is just considered a problem with Hot Toys in particular. They are the most popular, tend to be the most expensive, and seem to have the most pre-orders/cancellations. Neither HT nor Sideshow wants to tolerate the cancellations anymore and they can get away with pushing NRDs more than the smaller companies due to the brand strength.

Easy PO on this guy. Best looking SW sculpt yet.

That would be great if they included severed stumps for his wrist pegs. Then you could recreate “dew-it!”

3rd quarter 2019 is ridiculous, really should be a 6-9 month pre-order window. Will order when we get closer to that date. Paying a deposit that far from release is gross. I also ordered both Anakin and Kenobi without NRD, what gives here?

Great looking figure though. I'm in but I would rather have gotten Krennic, DS trooper, Veers, Ackbar, etc.

Man, why does HT get some sculpts so spot on and others look like cosplayers

$243 that’s $350 in Canadian dollars. I was hoping for $219 like Palpatine. A little too much not matter who the character or actor

That would be great if they included severed stumps for his wrist pegs. Then you could recreate “dew-it!”

Would be great indeed. I can see Lucasfilm approving wrist stumps but am wondering if they'd go as far as agreeing to a neck stump. We'll have to wait for the eventual ROTS version i guess.

Tell me about it. I was really looking forward to the young Han Solo figure. Doubt they'll tweak it.

"Why did the Emperor make us wear these ridiculous outfits and shave my facial hair?"
"I don't know but keep smiling he has spies every where."
giphy.gif

seriosly tho dat sculpt!

This is a tough one. I didn't like Dooku at all as a character really but as a figure it looks so good I'm still considering getting it.

Just to have Dooku with Tarkin on the shelf. There's a huge symbolic connection between those two as SW characters and as real people.

Back