1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Impressive collection there, scottjua!

As for this figure....thank you Hot Toys. I couldn't be more thrilled.

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-004.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Those are some classy displays, Scott. I love the 1/1 Sandtrooper and the shadow boxes with the original vintage figures. That Millennium Falcon table is impressive! From the photos on the wall, I can see you’re blessed with a happy family. Very cute baby. This is one of my baby from a few months ago:
5ff70fdc96d31e94888204310df517e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, isn't that a cute little Padawan?

Here's another look at Obi-Wan...the more I look at this figure sitting in front of me, the more I really like it.

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-010.jpg

I'm still so enthralled with the figure that I haven't even pulled out the accessories yet. Maybe later.

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-008.jpg

Your lighting is very favorable for the beard, some shots have really softened the details almost to looking like Sideshow’s Obi-Wan. You enthusiasm shows through your photos too, keep em coming.

My Obi-Wan arrived in MA Tuesday, routed south to CT, then back to MA as of 5pm yesterday, hoping it comes tomorrow but more likely Saturday or Monday, $4 shipping isn’t always worth it with BBTS.

I'm actually very happy with this figure. I originally only got him to pose him getting his butt handed to him by Anakin but the accessories and good materials make it a very versatile figure. Never thought I would say this but, I think I'd rather have this than the Darth Maul.

Thanks for the kind words, Sean...I can't wait to see what you come up with here. Playing with the light does give a lift to the details...and there is a lot of detail with this figure. From the portrait (yes, some lines around the eyes are still present) and it's superb stipple work on the skin texture to the really impressive choices for fabrics with the tunic being a real stand-out on the slight crepe surface right to the well-rendered boots. You are going to have a blast exploring this figure with a camera before it hits it's final display destination.

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-012.jpg

Trying a couple of different light sources to pull at the portrait a bit.

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-013.jpg

I know it's a tough wait from BBTS, but the good news is with that double-boxing, you're getting a figure that should arrive in great shape and as one Kenobi fan to another, well worth the wait!

20190705_120350.jpg

So...as much as I REALLY liked the Hot toys Dr Strange,my heart lay elsewhere,obviously Star wars.
Seen the Deluxe Kenobi on eBay from a local Aussie Etailers,and with a 10%off code,it was no hesitation.
Alas,Dr Strange has been sold off and with change ��

Sorry to hear Strange got the boot (I absolutely love that figure), however if a choice had to be made, completely understandable that it's Kenobi for the win! Enjoy! And post shots!!

20190705_133033.jpg

Attachments

• 20190705_130723.jpg
    20190705_130723.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 151

Looks good. ..great job futzing, robe really great. Pretty awesome figure, huh?

Thanks.
It's an awesome figure and makes me hope that HT do the TPM and AOTC versions.
They really nailed the headsculpt.
Loving the accessories too.

Question. Is his belt made of leather? or rubber strip?

My initial attempt to lighten his hair and beard. Took about 4 hours and I’m about 75% pleased so another couple hours should get him to the 90% mark or completely mess it up.

Attachments

• 6A0303C0-1838-4D49-95BA-5EA9C4D17FE3.jpg
    6A0303C0-1838-4D49-95BA-5EA9C4D17FE3.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 180
Back