1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Well, isn't that a cute little Padawan?
Thanks. I’m being careful not to post her in the Anakin thread...
Here's another look at Obi-Wan...the more I look at this figure sitting in front of me, the more I really like it.

View attachment 459725

I'm still so enthralled with the figure that I haven't even pulled out the accessories yet. Maybe later.

View attachment 459726
Great lighting. Love these photos! I pay off mine today. So it won’t be much longer for me to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

A shot in natural light....the figure is fantastic!

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-015.jpg

More later...

Perfect background, looks like Obi-Wan exploring Utapau.

Striking down a battle droid...

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-016.jpg

Exploring Utapau...

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-017.jpg

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-018.jpg

Last edited:

attachment.php

Really like this one, composition and lighting work great.

Thanks! Any word on when yours is showing up?

Thanks! Any word on when yours is showing up?

Tomorrow, it arrived at my local post office this afternoon but hasn’t been scanned in for delivery. I’m busy tonight anyway so I can wait until tomorrow, just want the weekend and not a Monday.

Good to hear. I'm enjoying the heck out of this one, I know you will too.

HT-ROTS-KENOBI-019.jpg

I plan to do some paint touch up before photos though, as amazing as he looks, the hair lacks a few defining traits from the movie, the slight greying near his ears and the lighter mustache and part of his chin. I’m surprised they missed these features and curious what reference was used, as these things show in almost any image, but perhaps it’s a Disney dictation, even Sideshow had the grey, though they also put grey in his mustache which is inaccurate.

Nice pics fellow Freaks! There are some great shots of this figure!

I was very hesitant to replace my SSC with HT, but after getting these two I am thinking about getting a few more!!! Geeesh these figures look awesome. The fabric of the robes is great, much more to scale. And the light up features are icing on the cake! (although I know I will probably never display them like that...shame)
Really enjoying these figures!

HT-Obi-IMG-1028.jpg

HT-Obi-and-Ani-IMG-1026.jpg

HT-Obi-and-Ani-brothers-IMG-1046.jpg

Beautiful shots! Really impressive, markecho!

It was worth the wait for this one. I am really enjoying this figure and hope to see many folks contributing their shots in here.
HT really outdid themselves here. Yes, there was a little carping on it when it first released, but now that it is arriving in more collector's hands, it's plain to see that this one is real special.

REFLECTING IN THE FORCE.jpg

I'll be posting a few more shots myself too...but please, keep the fresh images coming! It's great seeing others share their enthusiasm for this great Jedi!

Last edited:

Nice shots guys. I have to admit I've been feeling far less excited about mine since I got him. As nice as the sculpt looks up close under bright light, it still comes across awfully generic on display in my collection. And it's just not a figure I've felt much interest in posing or taking pics of so far.

But I suppose it could just be that I'm in much more of a Marvel than SW mood at the moment. :p

But I suppose it could just be that I'm in much more of a Marvel than SW mood at the moment. :p

Save him for the Star Wars end of the year ! This year Disney has clearly cut the year in half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I'm enjoying the heck out of this one, I know you will too.

View attachment 459807

This! This is how I want to display him as well. With the upcoming Cody figure. I don't have Anakin and I'm not planning on getting him, but a display with Obi Wan and Cody will look awesome! :rock

I'd love two detolf cubes, one with Kenobi and Cody and the other with Anakin and a 501st trooper.

Cool shot, Link!

Accompanying clones into battle...

INTO THE FLAMES OF BATTLE.jpg

Back