1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

See the promo pics definitely Obiwan will suffer the same skinny legs like Anakin :(

btw rumors of Obiwan stand alone movie is currently on production stage..will start shooting next year

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I'm waiting for final product photos before pulling the trigger on this guy... I do really want it but the fabric they used for the tunic seems way too thick making it overly puffy looking and that's kinda off putting to me.

I think that’s something that can probably be futzed though, if you really want the figure as you mentioned. Though I can understand waiting to see the final product in general first before pulling the trigger.

In ClipperKing’s review of BvS Batman, I recall him mentioning the minor issue of the bottom portion of the cowl slightly covering the top of the bat logo on his chest, and stating that if something that minor was the deal breaker for you not getting the figure, then you probably didn’t really want it that badly to begin with.

I'm waiting for final product photos before pulling the trigger on this guy... I do really want it but the fabric they used for the tunic seems way too thick making it overly puffy looking and that's kinda off putting to me.

They have time to fix it. Don't forget the Fatman proto everyone was making fun of and then it turned into one of their best Batman figures.

With the Emperor figure coming out way early, makes me wonder if this figure will follow as well. I am on the payment plan and sideshow has already taken out every payment but the last one. So it's either going to be decently early or stuck in the waiting for the last payment status for a while.

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Too bad he doesn't come with a platform diorama to be crushed by >_> https://youtu.be/eYT3ctPuVRw?t=1m46s

People can say what they want about the Prequels but the lightsaber battles are the best in any of the films.

Thanks for the video man. I need to watch the Prequels again. It's been too long.

I wonder if HT will release a Bail Organa with baby Leia to coincide with the Dlx Obiwan release?

36c364fa8467361ad7df47da73e15410.jpg4bd5f627740ff63f338b7757ed12dd28.jpg93caed267fe1c4ba353ec9e730919016.jpgc301efba65006833461457aa20fc34b5.jpg

Damage. I just can’t get over how bulky he looks.

Looks great to me.
I hope he gets released soon.

I think he looks great too...wouldn't mind seeing an early release for this one. :)

I'll try and grab another droid for Obi One that Anakin comes with so I can recreate the larva scene from Ep III.

Damage. I just can’t get over how bulky he looks.

Official shots and now con display, this may be the worst futzed Star Wars figure from HT ever, I really think proper wardrobe fitting and the issue will go away.

Official shots and now con display, this may be the worst futzed Star Wars figure from HT ever, I really think proper wardrobe fitting and the issue will go away.

some futzing and maybe some water treatment and it seems like a superb figure, doesn't it?

I see it's potential, but the outfit should be tight to the body like a uniform and they have it too loose, that coupled with the material thickness and he ends up looking fat.

AGREED. Very disappointing that someone can't take the time to futz properly. The drooping belt, the bunched up tunic, the thrown on robe...If it weren't for the stunning portrait, this would be a miss.

The same was true for Bespin Leia - the puckered and creased waistband took away from the otherwise stunning presentation. I'll never understand why the time isn't taken on the display of these figure at shows.

AGREED. Very disappointing that someone can't take the time to futz properly. The drooping belt, the bunched up tunic, the thrown on robe...If it weren't for the stunning portrait, this would be a miss.

The same was true for Bespin Leia - the puckered and creased waistband took away from the otherwise stunning presentation. I'll never understand why the time isn't taken on the display of these figure at shows.

I'm guessing because they a limited amount of time and people to set up a ton of stuff. I suprised they are even set up that good.

Yeah the outfit seems made of way too thick of material. Tailoring looks great, love the sculpt and I will own it either way, just hope they use thinner material for his tunic and tabbards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try and grab another droid for Obi One that Anakin comes with so I can recreate the larva scene from Ep III.

Remember though, Obi Wan is on a normal workers platform rather than one of the droids Anakin lands on.

Back