1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy's my first Hot Toy pre-order, and first Hot Toy ever... unless I happen to find a Doctor Strange that isn't $600+ dollars first... :pray::lol:

Super excited!

This guy's my first Hot Toy pre-order, and first Hot Toy ever... unless I happen to find a Doctor Strange that isn't $600+ dollars first... :pray::lol:

Super excited!

Welcome Kllnrstn. Nice choice !!

I'm waiting for a V2 Dr Strange. I'm sure he'll come in time, plenty more opportunities yet I think. Patience is the name of the game in this hobby unfortunately.

So anyone have a guess on when to expect this guy to ship? I hope it's not a year away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best guess would probably be done by the people making it and they said late spring early summer next year. So, probably about a year.

Me too. After watching IW I think this will be the last chance to get a Loki. Also a good general representation for the Marvel lineup.

I can't remember, was the timing similar to other Ragnarok figures ? Or a bit later ?

Loki may be alive and well. New theory is that Loki may disgust (shapeshifting) as Hulk in Infinity war movie.

Few observations

- Only Thor and Loki knew about Dr Strange and location of New York Sanctum (scenes from Thor Ragnarok). Therefore, Heimdall could send Loki (shapeshifted as Hulk) to get help from Dr Strange. Assuming the real Bruce Banner never meet Dr Strange anyway
- Real Bruce Banner shouldn’t be able to remember anything prior to Hulk. But he could tell Dr Strange about Thanos and what happened in Asgardian ship in details
- Bruce Banner (or Loki) had performance issue throughout the movie and couldn’t transform into Hulk.

Take it as a grain of salt. It’s just an interesting theory.

I saw an article somewhere that mentioned that theory as well. I'd love for Loki to be alive, but I'm not buying that theory

1. Isn't Heimdall able to see everything? It seems like he'd know about the Sanctum.
2. Banner probably turned into Hulk after Thanos attacked the Asgardian ship. He knew as much as he needed to know before turning into Hulk.
3. Why would Loki act like he's trying to transform into the Hulk in scenes where no other character can see him?

2f96befb178fbebd5fa6681ba49065ee.jpg

FYI, I preordered Loki on a french website announcing him for june 2019, I don't know if it's pretty accurate but could be
it would be long to wait :(

Not sure what to do with this one...I love the outfit and accessories but I'm not quite sold on the sculpt. I need to see what the final version looks like before pulling the trigger.

Isn't that the name of the game? I mean you always want to be sure of the final product vs the proto regardless of the figure. At least i do anyway.

Isn't that the name of the game? I mean you always want to be sure of the final product vs the proto regardless of the figure. At least i do anyway.

For me I guess it depends on how good (or bad) it looks in the proto and how much I want the figure. If it looks really good early on and it's a character that I really want (Hela, for example), I'm happy to roll the dice on a pre-order. Sure, there's still a risk in doing that...but I'd rather take a punt and and risk a small NRD than potentially miss out.

However, any doubt and it's prudent to take your approach.

Yeah i have to be sure nowadays with the high prices as they are. There have also been too many disappointments over the yrs, like the john matrix for instance. A childhood love of mine and yet they ruined it with poor production vs the awesome looking proto.

I dunno, I'm struggling to think of any recent Hot Toys figure (in say the last 1-2 years) that was significantly worse in the final production version. I think they've got their process down to a pretty fine art.

Plus for this particular figure I will no doubt have him with helmet on most of the time anyway. But that's personal preference. Understand non-helmeted sculpt should still be excellent.

I also think vendors are reducing the number of excess numbers they order over the pre-ordered amount to reduce risk of sitting stock. (Thank market saturation and over orders for Star Wars TFA figures for this - generalisation I know, but these are the factors I see). Sure it depends on the figure and film of course. But I've seen people miss the boat on a couple of figures where the after-market prices are crazy. Just look at Captain America Civil War, Dr Strange, Iron Man Mk46, Rogue One figures. Any of the figures with a classic look (or ones like Rogue One which will never be seen again) seem to be selling out fast, and have crazy after market prices.

I think this Loki could potentially be the last Loki (fan speculation aside), plus I'd say he's not the most popular of all the characters for most people. Therefore possible that vendors won't order too many excess.

Anyway, that's just my rationale to pre-order him now.

Roll the dice with missing pre-order, see how he turns out. Whatever, but I'll be happy to have this guy in the collection in the classic green with the classic horned helmet. My plan is to have him positioned in the lineup between Thanos and the core Avenger team. Should look awesome I think.

Super excited!

What an excellent choice for a first pre-order!! :rock

No doubt, there will be a second Doctor Strange figure at some point, if it is as good as the first one Hot Toys did it will be well worth the wait! :)

:welcome1: to the forum btw!! :wave

I dunno, I'm struggling to think of any recent Hot Toys figure (in say the last 1-2 years) that was significantly worse in the final production version. I think they've got their process down to a pretty fine art.

TFA Chewy comes to mind.

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I definitely wanted to secure a Loki, and I LOVE his horn helmet, so it just seemed like a no brainer. I'm just so excited to have pre-ordered my first Hot Toys figure :)

I looked at more pics of this figure recently and compared it to Avengers and TDW and I just think the colors on it are too dark comparatively and not enough of the green. The previous two figure both have that pop of green that this one is just lacking.

Back