1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really really wanted to like this one. (I've got A1 Loki, but... Well, excellent as it is, it is an older figure, and certain aspects of the Avengers costume design hasn't aged well.)

I think the thing that swung this from put-up-withable to 'dear god no!' for me ironically enough, wasn't the headsculpt (at least he doesn't look like Christopher Eccleston this time?), or the design (again like many Agent Loki so loving the visor) but the apparently godawful tailoring they've now got on the newer prototype when compared to the better fitting, but far less iconic, blue version of the outfit they had earlier. Loki looks downright pudgy suddenly.

For me, Avengers' version looks like a cheap version from Eleven

CtnS47h.png

This picture just proves how awful that new sculpt is.. Is that supposed to be Hiddleston?

With A1, it was an early Hot Toys sculpt but the fact the sculpt has that classic Loki expression still makes it the definitive Loki.

^^^ Actually going by that picture i think the new sculpt is pretty close to that Hiddleston photo in the middle, at least with the helmet on anyway.

For me, Avengers' version looks like a cheap version from Eleven

CtnS47h.png

Damn the A1 one didn’t age well. It looks like a cheap plasticy toy now, more like play arts. I wonder if the current ones will be just as ancient looking in a few years.

I am really curious whether they will release a Infinity War version. It would not make much sense to announce a second Loki within 2-3 months and if they announce it later than that, it will arrive late 2019 maybe 2020. I really liked this version and I want only one Loki which would have the helmet. Do you think I should wait for Avengers version hoping that they would release it? If they would, would it still have the helmet?

The sculpt will soften once it's in production, so he will look younger. + If they paint the eyebrow differently, it would change a lot imo.

That is a pointless comparison as the proto for this loki depicts a different version of loki than the A1 sculpt. Even if A1 is the definitive version it's only definitive for that movie. It has nothing to do with this figure. This sculpt depicts fairly well this movie's loki at the end scene.

4d3dc6b3-caae-435d-8fa1-0e202218dc34-8-huge-questions-we-have-after-watching-the-new-thor-traile.jpg 29314010_1963246663748307_3558812959482314752_n.jpg

That is a pointless comparison as the proto for this loki depicts a different version of loki than the A1 sculpt. Even if A1 is the definitive version it's only definitive for that movie. It has nothing to do with this figure. This sculpt depicts fairly well this movie's loki at the end scene.

It doesn't look like TH... who is Loki. :dunno

Yeah, there's definitely something off in the likeness. In particular the noise is soft and there's something wrong in the jaw/cheek area I haven't been able to pinpoint. The photos from Secret Base look better, but it's definitely not HT's best work.

Similar issues to the Neo sculpt, really. It's about 80% there, and the absence of that last twenty percent is really visible.

That said, if you're planning to wait for IW I think you'll be disappointed--it'll likely be the same sculpt, much as Thor is the same sculpt with just a scar and eyepatch added.

Yeah, there's definitely something off in the likeness. In particular the noise is soft and there's something wrong in the jaw/cheek area I haven't been able to pinpoint. The photos from Secret Base look better, but it's definitely not HT's best work.

Similar issues to the Neo sculpt, really. It's about 80% there, and the absence of that last twenty percent is really visible.

That said, if you're planning to wait for IW I think you'll be disappointed--it'll likely be the same sculpt, much as Thor is the same sculpt with just a scar and eyepatch added.

This sux. IMO it's like CW Bucky or where Antman 2 ended up looking like Ben Affleck. I really need a Loki and I like the look here. But he's not crammed with accessories really or hands, lots of pleather, and for me most of all the sculpt is off - and that's prototype paint. He may look even less like TH in production.

Gonna wait for a bit and see if I can get a coupon or something to get price down. DS has rather sharp features too - why is DS sculpt perfect and Loki not when he has been done before?

Neither sculpt is perfect. The largest difference and reason it’s not matching on those sites is the fullness of the face. Hiddleston has a very sullen/sunken look to his face and the new sculpt is much fuller. The cheek bones are but to high. The nose shape is smoothed. The chin is shorter a wee bit. Eyes are bit to far apart. Some of these will naturally get better with the production as it will have some shrinking so the eyes and overall fullness could adjust.

The A1 isn’t perfect either. Nose and ears are off. Eyes are a bit to far apart. Chin still wrong. But they got the overall shape of the face a bit better.

Back