1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

I just noticed the casket of winters next to him. Maybe there will be 2 costumes for this figure?

This was supposed to come with Thor 1 Loki that was cancelled...maybe HT is revisiting Thor 1 Loki?

Avengers Loki is and always will be the definitive Loki for me and I'm glad I snagged that figure for a decent price earlier this year. Like many here I'm not a huge fan of the blue but it looks like that will be an outfit for Loki in Ragnarok even though the trailer suggested otherwise.

The only thing that might "seal the deal" for me to pick up this figure is the Casket of Ancient Winters.

All you racists! Loki can be green, blue, red, black, yellow, whatever color he wants:cuss

Why? Why is it not his color? When he was a little boy, did Odin decree that his wardrobe shall only ever be green? And that Thor shall only wear his hair one way, perhaps?

You guys [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Odin might have since loki's color combo has always been basically yellow and green

This was supposed to come with Thor 1 Loki that was cancelled...maybe HT is revisiting Thor 1 Loki?

If only..... Still a grail figure for me, even owning Avengers Loki and probably buying this Loki (which I do think looks great).

A Thor 1 Loki would make me as happy as the Yondu reveal did, and that one made me very, very happy.

Looks OK - undecided at the moment tho as to whether I'll get this or not. I need to see more pics...and also have more time to adjust to that blue! :lol

Odin might have since loki's color combo has always been basically yellow and green

Loki's color combo has always been yellow and green because bright colors and consistent costumes were a rule of thumb for comics in the early days when faces were not overly detailed, or you might have different artists in and out of a run. A regular, bold costume let the reader, at a glance, say "Yes, that is Superman" or "Yes, that is Captain America" regardless of whether their faces looked generic, or slightly different from comic to comic.

These are films (and figures based on films). Nobody is going to sit in the theater and not recognize Tom Hiddleston as Loki just because he's not wearing green. These characters' first outings in films are usually throwbacks to their comic book costumes (fan service). But when these characters appear across, two, three, four films, it makes less and less sense that they don't experience wardrobe variety.

I guess we can be relieved that he finally has his helmet back. :dunno

I guess we can be relieved that he finally has his helmet back. :dunno

I actually really like how the helmet/crown-thing looks. :clap

Why blue though?? It feels off to me without the green.
He's a Frost Giant so it makes sense in that regard.
The lack of gold is what throws it off tho.

Qwm10FZ.jpg

But yeah, it looks cool in green too. Go figure...

DvJDaoa.jpg

It might just be the lighting - in person, maybe it's a darker blue. Blue is still an odd choice to use for Loki, though. Maybe there's a in-universe reason. Like they're his boss's colors or something.

It might just be the lighting - in person, maybe it's a darker blue. Blue is still an odd choice to use for Loki, though. Maybe there's a in-universe reason. Like they're his boss's colors or something.

It probably fits in with the theme of the movie more :dunno or maybe its to do with the character. If Loki helps Thor and is a good guy for most of this movie using a blue instead of a green would make sense. I hope that's the case and it sets up his turn to evil once again in IW where he will don a regal Green/Gold look :D

Is that a placeholder head from A1 or is that a new sculpt?

Wish they had the green look, the blue looks strange...

Maybe there will also be a red and white version and he'll team up with captain America?

I actually like the blue more than I thought I would. It sets him apart. I didn't get TDW Loki because it was a stripped down Avengers Loki, but this one I'm thinking of getting.

Back