Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. Everybody who has him says he is fantastic. I'm waiting very impatiently for my preorder to be fulfilled.

Thanks! I'm pretty positive I wont be disappointed, I never have been with any Hot Toys figures. Despite many of the complaints people voice here, I think they give us pretty much the best quality and likeness possible for a mass produced collectible.

I just don't buy them very much anymore because 200+ is just crazy to spend on a toy on a regular basis for a regular blue collar worker with a family like myself lol. If money was no object, I would buy every movie related figure they do though.

Do you have an idea how many people were making them just a few years ago?

Problem for many is the wire that shows along the saber. Also the funky tip. Also hiding the wires in the costume and running it out the back of the figure to plug into a source. The wires and bulky box generally are not display shelf friendly.

A guy named Pixelpiper use to make them, not sure if he still does.

There's likely a whole new market coming as the PTers head to this site once HT unleashes the PT flood gates.

It's going to be like 2008 all over again.

I literally JUST got into collecting 1/6 scale Star Wars figures. So sorry for my ignorance. I figured the end result (looking like a REAL lightsaber) was enough for people to want them. Guess not.

I literally JUST got into collecting 1/6 scale Star Wars figures. So sorry for my ignorance. I figured the end result (looking like a REAL lightsaber) was enough for people to want them. Guess not.

That’s just salt Wor ....welcome to the hobby....

Wor Gar , be nice to the excited new guy.....

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was. I gave him a whole history AND the guy to see about getting what he wants.

He's the first -- the scout -- for the inevitable horde of PTers headed this way. This boat is gonna be a rockin' over the next few years..... :lol

But I'm not a PTer bro!!! I hate the prequel movies! I just think Anakin looks cool, so I preordered him. I love the way Hayden looks in Episode III (no ****). Not even sure if I'm gonna get Episode III Obi-Wan or not. I've got Sideshow's Mythos Obi-Wan & Return of the Jedi Luke on preorder, along with Hot Toys Deluxe Emperor Palpatine. I just got Hot Toys A New Hope Vader like three weeks ago, he's my first 1/6 Star Wars figure. I'm only 27, bit I grew up with the original trilogy on vhs. OT is my jam, although I never watch Return of the Jedi, cause I find it boring and lacking in dramatic tension. Plus I hate ewoks, and Luke's plan to save Han made no sense. And Palpatine's an idiot.

But I'm not a PTer bro!!! I hate the prequel movies! I just think Anakin looks cool, so I preordered him. I love the way Hayden looks in Episode III (no ****). Not even sure if I'm gonna get Episode III Obi-Wan or not. I've got Sideshow's Mythos Obi-Wan & Return of the Jedi Luke on preorder, along with Hot Toys Deluxe Emperor Palpatine. I just got Hot Toys A New Hope Vader like three weeks ago, he's my first 1/6 Star Wars figure. I'm only 27, bit I grew up with the original trilogy on vhs. OT is my jam, although I never watch Return of the Jedi, cause I find it boring and lacking in dramatic tension. Plus I hate ewoks, and Luke's plan to save Han made no sense. And Palpatine's an idiot.

You hate the PTs, but you didnt watch Return of the Jedi and to you Palpatine is an idiot ?

:confused:

They need to make a two pack that comes with Opera Palpatine. If you pull a string on his back he turns his head to the left and says, "Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

You hate the PTs, but you didnt watch Return of the Jedi and to you Palpatine is an idiot ?

:confused:

Uuuuh, what??? I didn't say I have never watched RotJ, I said I never watch it. As in I've seen it, didn't like it, won't watch it ever again.

I think Palpatine in RotJ is an idiot because there was plenty of reasons for him to suspect Vader would betray him to protect his son, but he tries to torture Luke to death in front of him regardless, and dies a death worthy of a Darwin Award.

Before Vader goes and gets Luke Vader tells Palps that he sensed Luke on the ship. Palps said it's curious that Vader sensed Luke when Palps didn't. Palps then asks Vader if his feelings on the matter are clear. Then while Luke & Vader are fighting in front of Palps Luke says "I can feel the conflict within you" or however he said it. Palpatine obviously heard Luke say this. Plus if Luke can sense Vader's inner conflict, why can't Palpatine??? He turns his back to Vader & tries to torture his son to death in front of him, then dies like a complete imbecile. BAD WRITING.

Okay bwh1990. Interesting perspective. I don’t think you understood the ending the way I do. I’m thinking Palpatine was pretty confident in his apprentice (as seen in the Prequel Trilogy). He truly believes Anakin Skywalker is dead. He thinks Vader will do what’s necessary, but then Luke defeats Vader in their duel. Since Luke will not kill his father, nor give into the dark side, Palpatine decides to kill him. While focusing his force lightning, Palpatine is ambushed by Anakin from behind. He never saw it coming...

Okay bwh1990. Interesting perspective. I don’t think you understood the ending that single time you watched it. I’m thinking Palpatine was pretty confident in his apprentice (as seen in the Prequel Trilogy). He truly believes Anakin Skywalker is dead. He thinks Vader will do what’s necessary, but then Luke defeats Vader in their duel. Since Luke will not kill his father, nor give into the dark side, Palpatine decides to kill him. While focusing his force lightning, Palpatine is ambushed by Anakin from behind. He never saw it coming...

I'm triggered . I'm gonna rant, but it's not because of you. It's the movie. I've seen Return of the Jedi at least eight times. I own the original vhs. I own all the prequels on dvd too.

The prequels make it even worse, cause in the prequels Palpatine is a patient, conniving schemer who starts wars and secretly controls both sides, and destroys the Jedi Order. In RotJ he's a complete imbecile. Never saw it coming you say...that's the problem!!! I just gave logical reasons why that is dumb dumb DUMB. He SHOULD have seen it coming! People always say "he's arrogant". No, he's dumb. He's a senile moron. Luke said "I can feel the conflict"...THEN WHY CAN'T PALPATINE?! WHAT?! Palpatine is a stronger Force user than Luke, there is NO REASON he shouldn't have felt Vader's inner conflict. AT ALL. There is literally NO LOGICAL EXCUSE for this, it's just BAD WRITING. I HATE Return of the Jedi more than the prequels honestly. And I freakin' HATE the prequels. Vader is Space Jeebus??? The Chosen One??? WHAT?! Are you SERIOUS George?!

Sorry for ranting, I've been holding that in for years...

Back