Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....I love this fig. I hope no one minds if I leave my unboxing fig review of it here:

Thanks for sharing the video! Sucks that the switch is on the inside of his gauntlet. Really digging the pose with Dooku and Vader.

Might have to pick him up. He would be my first non-trooper besides K2SO :rotfl

Thanks for sharing the video! Sucks that the switch is on the inside of his gauntlet. Really digging the pose with Dooku and Vader.

Might have to pick him up. He would be my first non-trooper besides K2SO :rotfl

Thanks for checking it out! The power switch does indeed suck, but overall he is one of the best HT I have. I say buy him, but I am a horrid enabler when it comes to telling others to make bad financial choices on high end action figs! :hi5:

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Beautiful pics I still do want Anakin. I'm hoping I can pick him up soon if not it's fine I got Obi Wan on order and that'll be good enough for me. But congrats to all who got him in. Stunning photos.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anakin is up for PO again at BBTS, SS is getting more stocks from HongKong to meet the high demand for this guy.

Got mine today. Oh wow. This figure is a perfect 10 out of 10. This is up there with Hot Toys best sculpts. Absolutely stunning.

Recent releases Tarkin and Anakin are Hot Toys best efforts on human scuplt, i hope upcoming Jedi Luke will in the same league

Would anyone know if you just throw the robe in the wash machine would that eliminate the chance if dye bleeding into the hands/sculpt? That is definitely a downer for a rather stellar figure. I get not being able to do it with a pleather jacket, but this is just a cloth robe.

Another fantastic Star Wars release by Hot Toys! The head sculpt and tailoring of the outfit are standouts with this figure.

20180508_000900b.jpg

OK so damn, I folded and ordered on this. I honestly cant remember the last 1/6 figure I got. I've been priced out of the game for a while now, so something truly special has to come along to get me to drop 1/6 cash these days. Anakin here and Palpatine are going to be the ones to make the cut for sure.

OK so damn, I folded and ordered on this. I honestly cant remember the last 1/6 figure I got. I've been priced out of the game for a while now, so something truly special has to come along to get me to drop 1/6 cash these days. Anakin here and Palpatine are going to be the ones to make the cut for sure.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Everybody who has him says he is fantastic. I'm waiting very impatiently for my preorder to be fulfilled.

Why aren't the Cold Cathode lightsabers more popular & readily available??? They look so absolutely fantastic, but nobody is taking advantage of the veritable goldmine that is the cold cathode lightsaber. If somebody learned how to do it really good they could make quite a profit making them for people. Feels like a wasted opportunity for the 1/6 Star Wars collecting community.

There are several people on the boards who make them. You just have to contact them. The only thing holding me back is the price.

Yes, much of the gold has been mined already, though there’s always more. They’re pretty perfect looking but for the tip.

Why aren't the Cold Cathode lightsabers more popular & readily available??? They look so absolutely fantastic, but nobody is taking advantage of the veritable goldmine that is the cold cathode lightsaber. If somebody learned how to do it really good they could make quite a profit making them for people. Feels like a wasted opportunity for the 1/6 Star Wars collecting community.

Do you have an idea how many people were making them just a few years ago?

Problem for many is the wire that shows along the saber. Also the funky tip. Also hiding the wires in the costume and running it out the back of the figure to plug into a source. The wires and bulky box generally are not display shelf friendly.

A guy named Pixelpiper use to make them, not sure if he still does.

There's likely a whole new market coming as the PTers head to this site once HT unleashes the PT flood gates.

It's going to be like 2008 all over again.

Do you have an idea how many people were making them just a few years ago?

Problem for many is the wire that shows along the saber. Also the funky tip. Also hiding the wires in the costume and running it out the back of the figure to plug into a source. The wires and bulky box generally are not display shelf friendly.

A guy named Pixelpiper use to make them, not sure if he still does.

There's likely a whole new market coming as the PTers head to this site once HT unleashes the PT flood gates.

It's going to be like 2008 all over again.

Yeah. I was thinking of PixelPiper while reading that post too. You could be right about cathode sabers making a comeback. I kicked the idea around about six years ago and decided to hold off because of those unsightly things you pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Wor-Gar said. TBH the price and then the hassle of trying to find a way to not make it look unsightly and deal with wiring turned me off from trying to get into them.

If there was a way to make LED's in the current HT hilts wireless it would be pretty awesome. Basically, I just want a way for my figures to look as good when they're not lit up and be as easily accessible. I don't think technology is quite there yet. I am (probably) wrong, but I doubt there's a cost effective way to light the sabers up wireless given the size of them.

Toy Dojo let me know that they can fulfill my order; they said they heard from Sideshow. I'm guessing HT is gonna crank out a bunch more of these to meet the demand. I'm sure it'll be a few months but still excited!

Back