Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, sorry if I sounded rude. I thought the red lightsaber blade would give away that it's supposed to be Vader, along with the height of the figure on the Rogue One Vader body. I'm gonna have the Sith eyes done eventually so that there's no question that it's Vader.

No worries. :duff

Should look really cool then when it’s complete.

No problem, sorry if I sounded rude. I thought the red lightsaber blade would give away that it's supposed to be Vader, along with the height of the figure on the Rogue One Vader body. I'm gonna have the Sith eyes done eventually so that there's no question that it's Vader.

Sounds good.
I might try and pick up a spare head for this HT Anakin to do the same. I did one like that a few months back.
It was going to be Vader if he had beaten Obi-Wan in the fight(Or at the very least, if *he* hadn't been beaten by Obi-Wan).
I added A hasbro helmet just because i thought he'd like to hide his identity when he became Vader.

IMG_9083.jpg

IMG_9084.jpg

IMG_9086.jpg

904EA74D-C308-4FF0-A288-5B7C2B7EF37C.png

Awesome figure. Always so much better looking in hand. No issues I can see. Happy I stuck with the regular over the Sith Version. Not easy to get the robotic hand to hold a lightsaber. Still debating on ordering the longer robe from onesixthkit.

Crappy phone pic.

anakin.jpg

Looks awesome!

Just got mine in but won't have a chance to pose him or anything until tonight. Did a quick inspection and everything looked good though :) Can't wait!
I think I'll be ordering a longer robe for sure. I'm not a fan of the length or the hood on this one.

Anyone have suggestions for taking care of the pleather? I don't like in a humid area, but would like to be prepared regardless. Figure looks awesome! Love the wires in the tabard, makes it much easier to futz.

The shirts might be a tad loose around the collar - so I'm debating stripping him down and redressing him to make everything a bit more snug if it's not a total pain in the ass...

Very nice! As good as the Sith version looks (being that they’re the same figure), this is the ideal version for me. I’m not sold on the hype of the Sith eyes one being that he only had them for no more than three seconds in the film while still in one piece, and only with the cloak on. With this version, the display options are more vast because he can either be displayed as Anakin, or still as Sith. I have mine in a pose that I noticed he made while both as Anakin (during the beginning sequence while he and Obi-Wan were dueling Dooku) and as Sith (on the lava droid), so it perfectly represents both sides of him to me. And the determined expression on the sculpt matches both scenes as well.

Are you going to take the white neck wrap out at all, or leave it in?

The shirts might be a tad loose around the collar - so I'm debating stripping him down and redressing him to make everything a bit more snug if it's not a total pain in the ass...

Mine was the same. If you futz with it enough though, you can correct it without having to strip him down. Mine still isn’t skin tight around his neck, but at the same time, I don’t necessarily want it to be because I recently rewatched the film and noticed there were many scenes where it wasn’t. Plus it won’t potentially stain.

Such as in this screen grab, for instance. You can kind of see the right side of his undershirt has a little bit of a wave or wrinkle in it, indicating it’s not skin tight around his neck:

Anakin-Skywalker-star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-23602647-392-500.jpg

Same with in this GIF from a scene in the film:

tumblr_o0twvfEI2k1v4kwzso1_250.gif

Also here, where you can see it flapping in the wind:

giphy.gif

After futzing with mine, I’m pretty satisfied with the way it looks, based on those screen grabs and what I saw at various times in the film.

1711D375-6FB1-4EBF-8790-C378A8E4B02A.jpeg

C5B6FF82-6A83-42D0-BF09-C724A766C719.jpeg

Very nice! As good as the Sith version looks (being that they’re the same figure), this is the ideal version for me. I’m not sold on the hype of the Sith eyes one being that he only had them for no more than three seconds in the film while still in one piece, and only with the cloak on. With this version, the display options are more vast because he can either be displayed as Anakin, or still as Sith. I have mine in a pose that I noticed he made while both as Anakin (during the beginning sequence while he and Obi-Wan were dueling Dooku) and as Sith (on the lava droid), so it perfectly represents both sides of him to me. And the determined expression on the sculpt matches both scenes as well.

Are you going to take the white neck wrap out at all, or leave it in?

Mine was the same. If you futz with it enough though, you can correct it without having to strip him down. Mine still isn’t skin tight around his neck, but at the same time, I don’t necessarily want it to be because I recently rewatched the film and noticed there were many scenes where it wasn’t. Plus it won’t potentially stain.

Such as in this screen grab, for instance. You can kind of see the right side of his undershirt has a little bit of a wave or wrinkle in it, indicating it’s not skin tight around his neck:

Anakin-Skywalker-star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-23602647-392-500.jpg

Same with in this GIF from a scene in the film:

tumblr_o0twvfEI2k1v4kwzso1_250.gif

Also here, where you can see it flapping in the wind:

giphy.gif

After futzing with mine, I’m pretty satisfied with the way it looks, based on those screen grabs and what I saw at various times in the film.

View attachment 421676

View attachment 421677

Looks great, man. Thanks for pointing that out! Can't wait to pose this guy. He looks awesome in-hand. I think I'll grab the OSK cloak, though the D-Arts looks good too.

Thanks, and no problem. It actually looks better in person, which is ironic because in hand, I actually think Anakin is a better figure than RotJ Luke. However, I think RotJ Luke photographs better than what Anakin does.

The cloak isn’t a worry of mine, being that I have no intentions of having him wearing it.

Awesome figure. Always so much better looking in hand. No issues I can see. Happy I stuck with the regular over the Sith Version. Not easy to get the robotic hand to hold a lightsaber. Still debating on ordering the longer robe from onesixthkit.

Crappy phone pic.

View attachment 421668

Is that the stock robe? Looks longer than most of the others.

Here's a pic with Jedi Luke and ANH Vader v1 (w/v2 gloves and boots). Not sure if I'm leaving them together like this. And Yoda is the SS v1 (Jedi Mentor) with the HT closed eyes sculpt.

group 2.jpg

Too tall to fit on my current shelf rofl. Here's a ****** potato picture with my cell phone in a different area for now... really want to get my new shelves. At least this is incentive >_>

38250041_10217341370832138_6695245550742142976_n (1).jpg

Figure is really cool. A few minor things...The tabard is a bit hard to futz with and I'll have to figure out how to take care of it over time. The left arm on mine is either short or the sleeve is a bit long? The shirt is straight, but the sleeve covers his whole hand lol... Other than that my only real complaint is the boots kinda bunch up at the bottom, but at least there's ankle pivot.

Great looking figure! Can't wait to get my new shelves so he can be with the others and have some lights lol

I just received Anakin from sideshow today. Any picture I take will not do this figure justice. It’s stunning! Hot Toys really has done an outstanding job on this one.

I just received Anakin from sideshow today. Any picture I take will not do this figure justice. It’s stunning! Hot Toys really has done an outstanding job on this one.

I agree. Anakin is one of the best looking figures out there! Even the layering of his hair is finely detailed. So much is missing from even the best photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else have issues with the left arm. The shirt is aligned properly on the body but the sleeve basically covers the whole hand. Not sure if it's the arm or the sleeve.

Just decided to get the regular head waiting for Dark Side Ani in a couple of months.
Here's what could have been...
AniWan.jpg

(he's too pissed off to recreate a regular SE ROTJ look)

Anyone else have issues with the left arm. The shirt is aligned properly on the body but the sleeve basically covers the whole hand. Not sure if it's the arm or the sleeve.

Someone else mentioned that theirs had this issue as well a few pages back.

Just decided to get the regular head waiting for Dark Side Ani in a couple of months.
Here's what could have been...
View attachment 421806

(he's too pissed off to recreate a regular SE ROTJ look)

Nice!

Back