Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Agreed. Again, I am not attempting to validate my taste in the film over yours... I am merely pointing out that there is not a universal consensus that the prequels suck - Far from it, actually.

That's kind of burying your head in the sand a bit. Obviously there isn't a universal consensus on any media, but I'm hard pressed to think of any other movies that have been met with as much push back as the PT. For 18 years on the Internet and in main stream media they have been the butt of jokes more times than could ever be counted. Thousands of articles, videos, forum posts etc. dedicated to explaining peoples disappointment. If you google most disappointing movies ever you'll always fine the PT near the top. The Red Letter Media reviews have 10s of millions of views. All of this can't have gone unnoticed by you, and just maybe you can see how calling them good movies is a bit of a hard sell.

Prequel fans answer me this, apart from all the structural problems.

Why are they jumping around and doing pirouettes instead of trying to kill eachother, it looks ridiculous especially when they are soinning their lightsabers around instead of trying to actually hit each other. And why is the peaceful Yoda ****ing jumping around like a warmongers chopping heads off. Way to ruin the character, geez.

That's kind of burying your head in the sand a bit. Obviously there isn't a universal consensus on any media, but I'm hard pressed to think of any other movies that have been met with as much push back as the PT. For 18 years on the Internet and in main stream media they have been the butt of jokes more times than could ever be counted. Thousands of articles, videos, forum posts etc. dedicated to explaining peoples disappointment. If you google most disappointing movies ever you'll always fine the PT near the top. The Red Letter Media reviews have 10s of millions of views. All of this can't have gone unnoticed by you, and just maybe you can see how calling them good movies is a bit of a hard sell.

True.

Prequel fans answer me This, apart from all the structural problems.

Why are they jumping around and doing pirouettes instead of trying to kill eachother, it looks ridiculous. And why is the peaceful Yoda ****ing jumping around like a warmongers chopping heads off. Way to ruin the character, geez.

Already answered, as a non diehard fan of the PT: to exhibit how cool the Jedi are/were to a young generation.

Already answered, as a non diehard fan of the PT: To exhibit how cool the Jedi were to a young generation.

Yeah, but it makes no sense. Force Awakens nailed it, exciting and realistic at the same time The amazing sound design helped as well. Plus actual emotional impact being a thing in that movie. But let's not turn this into a TFA thread.

I'm going to go now though, see ya, expect this thread to have beaten Tarkin by tomorrow. Keep the prequel fight going, it's interesting.

Yeah, but it makes no sense. Force Awakens nailed it, exciting and realistic at the same time The amazing sound design helped as well. Plus actual emotional impact being a thing in that movie. But let's not turn this into a TFA thread.

Different colored laser swords also make no sense.

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I'm not a big fan of a lot of what the prequel films did to the OT lore and characterizations. But this is how we will forever see Anakin Skywalker...this is Darth Vader before the OT and for me as a huge OT fan and a huge Vader fan I can accept this figure. I also really think the Clone Wars did a ton in terms of healing some of the damage of the prequels, especially Anakin Skywalker.

I'm not going to justify getting this figure for the prequels, even tho this is where it is sourced. But because the only pre Vader we will ever have is Hayden and while he didn't do the best job in the world he had the luxury of being cast as such a pivotal character in SW lore. And now he has an amazing figure made with his likeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assumed spec pics dropped when I saw this thread shoot up 20 pages give or take...

Nope, just more anti-prequel circle jerking.

How many more decades of this before you guys get tired of repeating the same talking points at each other?

Exhibitionists!

The PT is pretty much live-action cartoons, so grown men shouldn't be arguing about them. Ever notice, people who like the PT also like the cartoons.

Personally, I couldn't really care if the movie was well written, well directed, well this, well that from a film making perspective. Heck, probably all of the OT would be the same. SW is probably the best universe for spoofing and making satires of. There's probably a reason for that. :lol

All that matters to me, and likely anyone else, is if I liked it or not. Personally, you could probably pick apart much of the music of today's generation and expound on how it's actually poorly crafted from a "music composing" standpoint. Bottom line, it sells because there are people who like it; they don't care if the chorus if the song is correctly structured, if there's the correct amount of verses in the song, etc.

This is sooo wrong. The colors are symbols for personalitity traits and styles of the person wielding them.

You misunderstood me. The concept of a sword that is just a laser; a weightless beam of light that has solid properties, also makes no sense.

But it is.

Agreed. The point is though, people like it because it sounds cool to them. They don't look at it whether it's good song or not based on if the chorus is structured correctly, if it has the correct amount of verses, if the bridge is well placed, etc.

Plasma sword*

giphy.gif

:lol

You'll have to forgive me. I'm not sure what the official materials are that went into the fabrication of a sword/weapon that doesn't exist.

Can we please have a Padme Clones final battle please ? Or a padme getting rolled on in the hills with a backless silk shammy figure? Please.

I need this ********* ASAP.

Back