Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hayden Christensen is perfectly fine in ROTS until he turns evil is the way I view it. The early scenes with Padme, Obi Wan and the council are perfectly acceptable, particulary within the standards of acting and writing set forth by the Original Trilogy. However when he turns he becomes comical, though I guess that's partly in due to direction and writing.

AOTC though, yeah, let's not go there.

Hayden Christensen is perfectly fine in ROTS until he turns evil is the way I view it. The early scenes with Padme, Obi Wan and the council are perfectly acceptable, particulary within the standards of acting and writing set forth by the Original Trilogy. However when he turns he becomes comical, though I guess that's partly in due to direction and writing.

AOTC though, yeah, let's not go there.
AOTC is my least favorite Star Wars movie from the main saga. It's pretty bad in many respects :/

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

No, not joking. It’s already been released. Timcent has a pretty good record for providing early bird releases to those who are willing to pay to get stuff before they hit stateside.

Ahhhh... that would explain it.
That’s still a lot of extra loot for an early release. But to each their own I guess.

Damn, just dropped Uber dough on Tarkin set and Leia. Don't know if I like prequels enough to get this. He just looks so amazing. What a dilemma :gah:

As an old man who did not allow the PT movies in my house for 10 years, I got over it and I’m ordering Anakin. I would also be happy to get Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, and Darth Maul at the very least.

I still remember going to each movie in the theatre with my excitement for film one, my cautious optimism for film two, and my numb, sense of obligation for film three. But time heals all wounds. In 2015, the PT was no longer our final film experience of Star Wars. TFA came out and it was fun and had that good old SW feel to it. It took the edge off the PT for me.

Next, I bought the PT box set. The movies are not great and there’s moments that are truly cringeworthy, but there’s good, memorable moments too. I’ve watched some of the Clone Wars show. Not bad. Battlefront 2 came out and I enjoy playing the PT battles. The droids are very entertaining. I’ve come to realize that I like this universe George created in the PT, the problem is just the execution of it in the films.

The movies are imperfect but I like the characters, worlds, and stories. So here I am, buying PT figures when just a few years ago, I was pretending they didn’t exist.

Although the likeness isn't that good on this, it's still one of HT's best offerings IMHO.
Only thing that really bothers me is the fact that the mullet will have Anakin always looking down... it'll get in the way if you want to tilt the head back.

I'm always in support of great head sculpts to every figure even if it does not apply to one I'm interested in. But then the one out of maybe three HT figure you buy in a year and HT ****s it up!! Yes I'm taking about Ripley!!!

LOL it always amazes me how some people will say a sculpt is dead on and others say the likeness isn't that good. Granted, different people notice different things, so that's probably why.

My wife always does this to me. The thing she notices most on people are their noses apparently. I'll think two people look alike and she'll point out some difference in the nose and that she can't see the similarity.

Showed her HT Resistance Rey and she immediately says "I don't see it, the nose is too tall." :rolleyes:

LOL it always amazes me how some people will say a sculpt is dead on and others say the likeness isn't that good. Granted, different people notice different things, so that's probably why.

Yeah, it's not a bad sculpt, but there's something odd about it.
Hayden has very soft features, this looks a bit exagerated.

Yeah, it's not a bad sculpt, but there's something odd about it.
Hayden has very soft features, this looks a bit exagerated.

They made him incredibly masculine by defining his features too much. The width between his eyes are too far. But it's funny because I still think it looks fantastic, particularly in these shots:

28616652_1997867337146574_5908816392020573684_o.jpg

28618786_1997867157146592_758345488410016487_o.jpg

28423941_1997867343813240_1034838348748634460_o.jpg

This figure is looking fantastic but I'm staying with OT only, from now on.

But I'm sure if Obi Wan looks amazing, I'm going to be very tempted in picking up both...

As an old man who did not allow the PT movies in my house for 10 years, I got over it and I’m ordering Anakin. I would also be happy to get Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, and Darth Maul at the very least.

I still remember going to each movie in the theatre with my excitement for film one, my cautious optimism for film two, and my numb, sense of obligation for film three. But time heals all wounds. In 2015, the PT was no longer our final film experience of Star Wars. TFA came out and it was fun and had that good old SW feel to it. It took the edge off the PT for me.

Next, I bought the PT box set. The movies are not great and there’s moments that are truly cringeworthy, but there’s good, memorable moments too. I’ve watched some of the Clone Wars show. Not bad. Battlefront 2 came out and I enjoy playing the PT battles. The droids are very entertaining. I’ve come to realize that I like this universe George created in the PT, the problem is just the execution of it in the films.

The movies are imperfect but I like the characters, worlds, and stories. So here I am, buying PT figures when just a few years ago, I was pretending they didn’t exist.

Given enough time, all things become nostalgic.

Te be honest, I'm not sure what performance has to do with a collectible figure.

If that was the case I'd only have CE figures of Marlon Brando and Daniel Day Lewis, but that's just me.

It really wasn’t his performance....it’s what he was given to work with....

Anyone would have trouble making this lines sound good...

Ewan did a great job, but he didn’t have to many corny lines to emote....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really wasn’t his performance....it’s what he was given to work with....

Anyone would have trouble making this lines sound good...

People say that but forget the mumbo-jumbo that Ford, Hamill and Fisher had to speak... and there wasn't even a Star Wars universe yet that everyone knew and accepted.

If Hayden was good, he'd still be working.

People say that but forget the mumbo-jumbo that Ford, Hamill and Fisher had to speak... and there wasn't even a Star Wars universe yet that everyone knew and accepted.

If Hayden was good, he'd still be working.

Good point. But the lines that killed him were the forced romantic stuff.... George writes romance like a 12 year old.

Fisher never worked again really....or Hamill....little stuff but really only Ford is a stand out as far as film goes.

But like I said, even Ford could not make those hokey romance lines work....

Kasden would have made the dialogue work had George used him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I used to think the Medicom sculpt was good but this one blows it away.

e18a14e820b44b7698a13c221b92be56.jpg

ef7815f8f284472e43c025e15936f0aa.jpg

59e717ed1728e0ed87c53ebbec34eda3.jpg

It’s not perfect but it looks good enough for me. They definitely went with his angry scowl which I prefer. Don’t think I’d want a happy Anakin. These show a bit different angles and I can see where the sculpt is off but it’s quite good. Well worth the money I’ll invest in this thing to have it on my shelf.
b2fe37a408b124c5331f82ecdf9c47f1.jpg

f6cc4a05a0eb855d7a332b19313f294d.jpg

19ab81aade5a88010139f0f8e0a249ef.jpg

3107d09a314ee241abab73db9cb300e1.jpg

240498176f2b0984fb93ce5e86206ce4.jpg

I give the sculpt a 9/10. I can see where it’s slightly off in some areas, but it’s pretty damn close for being just a little over the size of the width of your thumb.

Saw some FB close ups..the hair is gold :slap

This is why it seems off IMO..the hair

Because if I do a zoom shot minimizing the hair

This looks like Hayden as Anakin IMO..so HT should’ve sculpted the hair just a bit better ..your thoughts guys

Back