Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt looks phenomenal! Despite the cringe worthy “You underestimate my power” and “LIAR!” I’m probably going to place my preorder in the next 24 hours!!

Any chance HT will give us an Anakin from The Phantom Menace? From what I’ve read, Jake Lloyd despised having played the role and isn’t the most enthusiastic about any of it. I wonder if he would sign off on his likeness?

Is he even out of the hospital yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Te be honest, I'm not sure what performance has to do with a collectible figure.

If that was the case I'd only have CE figures of Marlon Brando and Daniel Day Lewis, but that's just me.

Agreed. Can't have SW without Anakin. I still plan on getting every HT SW Episode release for PT and OT. May try with ST too.

Wasn’t there an old fashioned HT Darth Maul released a while back ..I know SSC has done many versions of Maul. But I thought HT did at least one basic looking Maul or is Anakin the first HT PT character, but I think there was a Jango too :dunno

Wasn’t there an old fashioned HT Darth Maul released a while back ..I know SSC has done many versions of Maul. But I thought HT did at least one basic looking Maul or is Anakin the first HT PT character, but I think there was a Jango too :dunno

No, Sideshow did the others. Anakin is the first HT PT release. I’d be all over an HT Darth Maul for sure.

I just hope that this new trend of figures being released early keeps on going, praying for Luke RotJ to be an early release since it was supposed to come out before Anakin

I just hope that this new trend of figures being released early keeps on going, praying for Luke RotJ to be an early release since it was supposed to come out before Anakin

I don’t mind it too much, my problems are with the other HT lines being delayed so long and all of a sudden popping up at the same time these early HT SW release. My funds are inconsistent because of this :thud:

I don’t mind it too much, my problems are with the other HT lines being delayed so long and all of a sudden popping up at the same time these early HT SW release. My funds are inconsistent because of this :thud:

I’m right there with you on that haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just caved and preordered him! He’s just far too evil too pass up!!

It would have been nice if as an alternate display base for him we had the lava droid for him to stand on. Then with the Obi release they could have given him the large piece of floating debris so they would display well in a fighting stance.

I’m right there with you on that haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I might have to cancel this because HC Spidey is anytime now and I think TA WW is coming soon ..if Jedi Luke or TLJ Rey releases early, i’m In huge trouble :lol

Seems like HT could have went Deluxe with Anakin and given him a swappable head with Sith eyes and a singed cloak.

Instead, the simplicity of this offering convinces me that a 2nd (double-dip) BD Anakin will be offered at some point. So I'm holding out for the "dirty" version.

A release of Obi-Wan with BD gear would seal my assumption.

I would buy an Episode III Obi Wan in a heartbeat. For me, he's basically responsible for holding the prequel trilogy together.

Looks great to me. Doesn’t appear to be very much of a loss in detail from proto to production in the sculpt from what I can tell. Looking forward to receiving this, likely next month.

This and Tarkin I think can be potential candidates for figure of the year.

People like to **** on TLJ here, but at least you can tell exactly who the main character is.

The PT never even got that right. Anakin doesn't show up until 40 minutes into TPM, Obi-Wan disappears for 30 minutes in TPM, Padme is removed from the action in ROTS...

My gut instinct is to say that Anakin is supposed to be the main character because the trilogy is about his and the Republic's fall, but Obi-Wan might've had more screen time, more to do, and he was there at the start and end of the trilogy as an adult. Definitely not Padme, because of how she was handled.

People like to **** on TLJ here, but at least you can tell exactly who the main character is.

The PT never even got that right. Anakin doesn't show up until 40 minutes into TPM, Obi-Wan disappears for 30 minutes in TPM, Padme is removed from the action in ROTS...

My gut instinct is to say that Anakin is supposed to be the main character because the trilogy is about his and the Republic's fall, but Obi-Wan might've had more screen time, more to do, and he was there at the start and end of the trilogy as an adult. Definitely not Padme, because of how she was handled.
TPM - Qui Gon Jinn, AOTC - Obi Wan and ROTS - Anakin would be my view.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What I think about this figure: homerun or close. Killer sculpt (with cool expression), great outfit.
Am I going to use budget on PT Anakin with HT pumping out OT goodies?
tumblr_inline_nif9neHaUg1t933mn.gif

Back