Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The headsculpt looks a million times better in person. It always looks weird in pics to me, but the actual thing is so great.

Went ahead and did the fat suit mod on mine. I removed the middle section like everyone else, and then wrapped around some thin fabric to smooth things out again. I also took in the sides of the tunic by about 1/8" and stitched it to the padded pants to keep it as smooth and flat as possible.

And of course I also extended the neck as well. Still need to weather the belt like I've seen others in here do, but I'm definitely liking the look more now than before.

20180812_113829 (536x800).jpg

lukeshirt (1000x697).jpg

20180812_1648572 (640x925).jpg

20180812_165051 (600x925).jpg

20180812_1649042 (617x925).jpg

Ok, time to fess up. I was one of the earlier detractors of the sculpt. I liked it enough to buy it obviously, but something was keeping me from calling it a knockout.
After having him for a few weeks, I can comfortably say I was WRONG[emoji19]. This is a great, near perfect Jedi Luke....loads better than the SS offering from the pics. i think this is a case where the HT pics didn’t do the piece Justice. This sculpt POPS under the correct lighting, giving it a total Hamill look.
My final pose for the time being...till the Emperor arrives and the final battle can take place!
ee9621082ccb98a8f1970508523861b1.jpg

Its all about the lighting...

18bc3944e8749d2a78540aa284d3fcf8.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Went ahead and did the fat suit mod on mine. I removed the middle section like everyone else, and then wrapped around some thin fabric to smooth things out again. I also took in the sides of the tunic by about 1/8" and stitched it to the padded pants to keep it as smooth and flat as possible.

And of course I also extended the neck as well. Still need to weather the belt like I've seen others in here do, but I'm definitely liking the look more now than before.

View attachment 422737

View attachment 422738

View attachment 422739

View attachment 422740

View attachment 422741

Excellent mod, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Unfortunately there’s not too many poses you can do with the latter though, due to the lack of gloved hands.

I've got that Disney Krennic figure, but the gloves are just too undersized and poorly sculpted for me to want to use them on this. But then I can't think of any poses I'd want to do in that outfit that didn't involve his lightsaber anyway.

View attachment 422737

View attachment 422738

View attachment 422739

View attachment 422740

View attachment 422741

Damn, he looks great there. Should hopefully get mine in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

View attachment 422738

View attachment 422739

Awesome mods Dave. A couple of questions.

When you took in the tunic, did you simply sew along the same seam just inboard 1/8" on both sides ?

Re: material removal and thin "stretch material" ?? see below

20180812_113829 (536x800).jpg

Back