Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I planted mine on a parted out DX07 oval base. I’d only use the stock base for a DSII display, because then it’d be a dio base. Otherwise, I’m not feeling those cardboard interchangeable graphic display base cards that HT includes with figures now.

Sort of a front view of his pose in the “Easy, Chewie” scene:

6DBB1E8C-4100-4F95-8167-460ED5517321.jpg

Two generations of Jedi:

90CFB438-3392-4194-9D46-6EE013AD38A5.jpg
2D1B109F-2B5A-4CF8-A4CC-C9155E3A3EB1.jpg
6D58CB2D-FEA7-4413-9FA2-6A72BB0DC14A.jpg
E4D5F359-9C31-487B-8E76-1E9E7CD37135.jpg

After soaking mine...i put it back on the figure while it was still damp...and it drapes great. Just be careful of the wire that runs through the hood when soaking it.
Agreed. I soaked mine for 15 min then rinsed it being careful about the wire in the hood. I did that for about 4 to 5 times until the excess dye stopped coming out and the water remained clear. Then I let it dry for a day and had no problems with the drape and no color change to the cloak even though a lot of the excess dye came out. After doing this it's a lot less concerning that the cloak will stain.
32b5dadac7dd5bbdf98330edec55c983.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed. I soaked mine for 15 min then rinsed it being careful about the wire in the hood.

Stupid question but when you say being careful about the wire in the hood what do you mean? Do you mean not getting it wet or being gentle with it when rinsing?

Thanks.

No pics do this figure justice... I wanted to post some but he somehow doesn't translate well in photo. He jumped to the top of my favorite figures instantly! I was always a fan of the final dual look (no cape, no vest), but he looks so good in all three that I might reconsider for my display... He's sweet looking in the vest with the belt over as on Endor.

To those considering only swapping heads with the old Sideshow... Man that old figure looks like an Hasbro version compared to this. The costume is 100 times better in fit, and stitching (the flap needs work to stay open but it does). The only way I'd display it beside the Hot Toys one would be with the new cloak, from his backside facing Jabba...

Pretty sure people are mostly talking about swapping heads with the upcoming SS figure.

Stupid question but when you say being careful about the wire in the hood what do you mean? Do you mean not getting it wet or being gentle with it when rinsing?

Thanks.
Just being careful when rinsing. When trying to wring the excess water after soaking it, I can see what people mean by having the wire poke through the fabric if your not careful. Nothing to be worried about as long as you know where the hood is when your doing it. As I'm typing this it sounds worse than it really is. Soaking the cloak was very easy to do.

Just being careful when rinsing. When trying to wring the excess water after soaking it, I can see what people mean by having the wire poke through the fabric if your not careful. Nothing to be worried about as long as you know where the hood is when your doing it. As I'm typing this it sounds worse than it really is. Soaking the cloak was very easy to do.

Great thank you! It’s my first time and I’m using a spare cloak in case I stuff it up! I find my lack of faith disturbing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thank you! It’s my first time and I’m using a spare cloak in case I stuff it up! I find my lack of faith disturbing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem. I understand it can be a bit nerve racking since these aren't cheap figures, but once you start the first one you will easily figure it out. I've done it to my anakin and Obi Wan robes since doing Luke and now will continue to do this moving forward for any robe like clothing.

Good luck!

Soooo.... I went on Sideshow's website last night, and I saw that this figure is still in stock...!!! I was gonna wait and try to find 'm cheaper than Sideshow's price, but I put the figure in my cart so I could see how much he'd be with tax and shipping...shipping is only $21 + some change usd. So he's only $251 after all is said and done. I thought "I should just wait, I'll find a better deal"...

Turns out I didn't want to wait...Luke has been ordered.

Back