Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a kid I only had the Endor Luke, I used to look through the Kenner catalog pamphlet looking at Jedi Luke and dreaming of having him. Around when the Kenner line started again in the 90s, my dad got me Jedi Luke from a collectibles shop along with a number of other long sought items like Anakin and Leia Boushh.
Nice.... I always wanted that Anakin, but never got around to getting him. My dad threw all my toys out once I reached Middle school so all my star wars figures unfortunately met their doom. I remember thinking that I wished the Jedi Luke had his green Saber to match the movie... Lol. A friend of mine and I got bit by the nostalgic bug recently and have been trying to find some of the original 3.75 figures again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forced entry....

FORCED ENTRY.jpg

Anyone who knows if Sideshow’s Luke head will be switchable with Hot Toys? I find the Sideshow suit being a bit better looking, like the white flap seems to be less screen accurate on the Hot Toys version.

Anyone who knows if Sideshow’s Luke head will be switchable with Hot Toys? I find the Sideshow suit being a bit better looking, like the white flap seems to be less screen accurate on the Hot Toys version.

More than likely it will be interchangeable. Most of them are now where in the past they were not. The only thing I would be wary of is the SS body. They tend to be a lot looser in the joints and won’t stand on their own if the outfit doesn’t restrict the movement.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve come home to see my Sideshow figures slouching and have to readjust them. I’m pretty sure it’s not earthquakes in Virginia that are doing it. LOL.

I’d still wait to see in hand pics of the figure before getting it. The tailoring looks really nice and Sideshow stays pretty consistent on their cut and sew items from proto to production. We all may be scrambling for the SS outfit if it’s that good. I may keep the HT body and boots but there’s no guarantee on whether or not it will fit the HT and be in scale.

SS does tend to be very inconsistent with their base bodies for one particular character. Case and point, Red 5 Luke next to Snowspeeder Luke, and Hoth Luke next to Hoth Han.

looks awesome matrix. which helmet is that looks wider then the kaiyodo helmet
Thanks gg...top half of face mask is Kaiyodo...lower half is from the SS deluxe....and the dome is from the Hasbro titanium vader.
Love the shots of Luke and Vader Matrix!

This figure is one of my favorites not just for the awesome figure that he is but it also brings back the nostalgic feeling I had owning the Kenner one back in the day.

Here's a pic of mine on my office desk.
0ccf3d9f8215b3b36ea6db594e76e35b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great pics Matrix, JB.

:duff

Thanks gg...top half of face mask is Kaiyodo...lower half is from the SS deluxe....and the dome is from the Hasbro titanium vader.

:duff

Dang, dude. You played Dr. Frankenstein, just like Emperor Palpatine. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pics do this figure justice... I wanted to post some but he somehow doesn't translate well in photo. He jumped to the top of my favorite figures instantly! I was always a fan of the final dual look (no cape, no vest), but he looks so good in all three that I might reconsider for my display... He's sweet looking in the vest with the belt over as on Endor.

To those considering only swapping heads with the old Sideshow... Man that old figure looks like an Hasbro version compared to this. The costume is 100 times better in fit, and stitching (the flap needs work to stay open but it does). The only way I'd display it beside the Hot Toys one would be with the new cloak, from his backside facing Jabba...

I remember reading about the cloak staining the figure. Is that something to still be concerned about? Easy fix?

The instructions state, do not leave the cloak in contact with the hands or headsculpt for prolonged periods or the color could bleed.

No pics do this figure justice... I wanted to post some but he somehow doesn't translate well in photo. He jumped to the top of my favorite figures instantly! I was always a fan of the final dual look (no cape, no vest), but he looks so good in all three that I might reconsider for my display... He's sweet looking in the vest with the belt over as on Endor.

To those considering only swapping heads with the old Sideshow... Man that old figure looks like an Hasbro version compared to this. The costume is 100 times better in fit, and stitching (the flap needs work to stay open but it does). The only way I'd display it beside the Hot Toys one would be with the new cloak, from his backside facing Jabba...

Try this comparison :lol

B1197F42-F3FB-4D76-BCE7-7F0C24087AE9.jpeg

I actually took in the old SS outfit to make it fit a slim HT body a while back, and it actually worked pretty well. I suppose I could use it to make a separate Jabba Palace Luke, assuming I could track down another head and pair of boots. It would definitely be cheaper than buying a whole separate figure though.

Back