Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday from ToySapien in Japan. I'm having weird thoughts about it. Overall he is by far my most coveted character/costume and his preorder is why I started collecting Hot Toys to begin with. I think the head sculpt looks amazing, and sometimes I think he looks fantastic. But the "fat suit" and the short neck really bother me, and it really bothers me that in order to make my $250 toy look right I'm supposed to damage/change it... I've got him displayed without the tunic in the Throne Room style and he looks less thick that way, so maybe I'll get over it. I have ANH and Bespin Luke though and those don't feel fat. Why did they add a fatsuit to him? He's so skinny!

For those of you who did modify the fat suit, how did you get the outfit off? It doesn't appear to have a clasp or openings to remove... did you cut it off? Has anyone put together a tutorial on how to modify it? I've looked through the thread, but it's so long now it's hard to find anything...

Anyway, here are some pics.

View attachment 420425

View attachment 420428

View attachment 420429

View attachment 420430

View attachment 420431
Hood action activate!

Ugh, they're all sideways... dunno how to fix that. :/ Sorry!

Fix the sideways thing as follows: ( I assume your using a iphone)

Take each photo and make a slight edit. Crop , recolor what ever. But you have to save it again. Raw images will always post sideways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fix the sideways thing as follows: ( I assume your using a iphone)

Take each photo and make a slight edit. Crop , recolor what ever. But you have to save it again. Raw images will always post sideways.

Thanks. That's really annoying. I went into the manage images section on this website assuming there'd be a rotate option, but nope, lol. Frustrating! I'll do that edit thing for next time though.

6B7F6646956D48FFAA4A.jpeg

Nice shots/poses davejames:clap

How's the height on yours? It looks like it's from the same batch as mine...with the short neck and longer legs..

I checked and the height on mine is 11.5 inches, which seems about right for Hamill. Unfortunately they just arrived at it in the completely wrong way by giving him a short neck and really long legs. :lol

Here he is with my other Lukes. My ANH is probably a tad too short at 11.25 inches so I'll need to fix that.

20180725_201406 (727x780).jpg

For those of you who have removed the fat suit, how did you get the jumpsuit off? I wanted to see what he looked like under there, but as far as I can tell the flap on the front folds down, but the rest of the outfit is unremovable? I don't mind cutting the fat suit off, but I'm really confused how you undressed him in the first place! Do you cut the costume itself? Does anyone have any pictures of him before-and-after in the jump suit with the fat suit and without the fat suit?

Would I be jumped on if I made a thread about how to mod this to keep it separate from this one? Or should I move that to the customs forum? (Or is there already a thread about this I've not see?)

For those of you who have removed the fat suit, how did you get the jumpsuit off? I wanted to see what he looked like under there, but as far as I can tell the flap on the front folds down, but the rest of the outfit is unremovable? I don't mind cutting the fat suit off, but I'm really confused how you undressed him in the first place! Do you cut the costume itself? Does anyone have any pictures of him before-and-after in the jump suit with the fat suit and without the fat suit?

Would I be jumped on if I made a thread about how to mod this to keep it separate from this one? Or should I move that to the customs forum? (Or is there already a thread about this I've not see?)

The tunic has a piece of crotch elastic. The trousers come off, then you have to slip the tunic off over Luke's head with his arms up. You may have to cut the elastic on the tunic though.
TA noted this in the comments on the Tunic when they parted him out yesterday.

I checked and the height on mine is 11.5 inches, which seems about right for Hamill. Unfortunately they just arrived at it in the completely wrong way by giving him a short neck and really long legs. :lol

Here he is with my other Lukes. My ANH is probably a tad too short at 11.25 inches so I'll need to fix that.

View attachment 420458

That shot shows just how good that DX Bespin head sculpt really is. Excellent pose!

The tunic has a piece of crotch elastic. The trousers come off, then you have to slip the tunic off over Luke's head with his arms up. You may have to cut the elastic on the tunic though.
TA noted this in the comments on the Tunic when they parted him out yesterday.

Thanks I'll have to play with him again tonight when I get home from work. I don't know who "TA" is... is that post buried in this thread or is there a "parted out" thread somewhere I should look for?

Great collection! I like that you have a taste from each era!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I basically just buy what I like though mostly I'm sticking with just Jedi/Sith. Leia I bought because the sculpt was incredible, Han was a gift and Finn I got to complete the final fight from Force Awakens. The more I get though the more I'm just like, Screw it, whoever I want to get.

Pineapple Dan, I love that shot you have of Luke and Leia in their hoods. I may try something like that and add Anakin and Kylo to it for fun too.

Tried to replicate a pose someone posted a few days ago that looked really cool. Was messing around with the left hand to try and cover the joint. Wasn't to be.

BJmTxL7.jpg

Some inspiring photos and poses being shared in this thread lately, I'm looking forward to see what I can bring to the table next week, mine shipped earlier this week from BBTS but with $4 shipping, tracking has it at next Friday for delivery at the moment.

View attachment 420458

Great set of Skywalkers! The different leg length is a weird one...some got a perfectly scaled figure...and others like us got the "crazy legs crane" version :)

Back