Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see HT release of a ROTJ Vader then pull an unmasked/removable helmet one as the SDCC exclusive. Sound familiar??

I think if anything the more likely scenario would be a battle damaged Vader with the damaged helmet/mask and maybe the cut off hand. Maybe they’ll just make it a standard and deluxe situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a couple pics of my Two Lukes today. The ROTJ came in while I was on vacation, and just opened it. The ESB head I swapped a couple of weeks ago, but did the final paint today.

DSC_9957.jpg

DSC_9964.jpg

DSC_9966.jpg

DSC_9970.jpg

DSC_9972.jpg

DSC_9968.jpg

Took a couple pics of my Two Lukes today. The ROTJ came in while I was on vacation, and just opened it. The ESB head I swapped a couple of weeks ago, but did the final paint today.

DSC_9957.jpg

DSC_9964.jpg

DSC_9966.jpg

DSC_9970.jpg

DSC_9972.jpg

DSC_9968.jpg

Wow, great job! I think the head sculpt looks better with the ESB hair and Bespin costume than it does with the stock ROTJ hair and Jedi costume.

Congrats on how that turned out. I'm actually floored by that last outdoor pic and how great of a likeness the 3/4 angle produces on the Bespin version. You blew my mind with that one! Really impressive and inspiring stuff. Thank you for sharing these pics.

DSC_9957.jpg

DSC_9964.jpg

DSC_9966.jpg

DSC_9970.jpg

DSC_9972.jpg

DSC_9968.jpg

:clap nice work..did you carve the ROTJ head to fit the ESB hair

Any articulation issues?

This is my problem with it. To look at, it looks perfect to me. However trying to get the arms into more action poses is impossible. I tried to get him into this pose last night. The legs are fine but the arms are impossible to get straightened out into that position, particularly the right arm.

117011.jpg

Is this to do with the fat suit? This is the pose I want to use when ESB Vader comes later this year.

This is my problem with it. To look at, it looks perfect to me. However trying to get the arms into more action poses is impossible. I tried to get him into this pose last night. The legs are fine but the arms are impossible to get straightened out into that position, particularly the right arm.

View attachment 417490

Is this to do with the fat suit? This is the pose I want to use when ESB Vader comes later this year.

A few posts back, someone said the fat suit was pinched up into Luke’s armpits. He took off Luke’s shirt and unbunched the fat suit from the joints and can now pose Luke with his arms higher.

A few posts back, someone said the fat suit was pinched up into Luke’s armpits. He took off Luke’s shirt and unbunched the fat suit from the joints and can now pose Luke with his arms higher.

My thought was to cut slits out of the fat suit in the joint areas....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Is his shirt sewed on or does it come off easily? I’d like to do the fat suit mod.

I started to strip him down the other day and it looked like it would be a booger to take off.

Is his shirt sewed on or does it come off easily? I’d like to do the fat suit mod.

I started to strip him down the other day and it looked like it would be a booger to take off.

It has a rubber band in the lower part, that goes through the legs.
This is the steps to be followed.
1. Remove the head and hands.
2. Take the boots off
3. Take the pants off pulling from the ankle area
4. Bend one leg in the knee and take the rubber band off
5. Remove the shirt
6. Remove the fat suit starting with the shoulders and sliding it down.

All have to be done not forcing it at all.

Hope that helps.

Back