Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hows the fat suit on this is it bad? I hear people complaining, or is it just unfounded.

Its unneccessary. I couldnt get his arms above his head, i could only barely rotate his waist. The fat suit on TFA luke i understand, but not on ROTJ. If i would have left him with it on, he wouldnt be able to beat jabba the hutt in a lightsaber duel.

On the other hand, if you just want the jabba scene with hood look, you should probably just keep the fat suit on. I wanted my luke in a battling pose since it comes with the swoosh blade. Removing the fat suit takes about 10 minutes.

That fat suit does hinder arm articulation quite a bit, but I left it on as I have him with the vest and cloak so it doesn't show.

I love the way the cloak drapes on Luke. At first I took his dog collar off, but when I saw how tight the cloak was around his neck I put it back on just in case of colour transfer.

When I was attaching the scenery part to the back of the base an extra little piece of black plastic dropped down from somewhere. The only thing it could be, from the shape and fit, is a cover for one of the clips on the scenery part. Which seems to be a bit redundant, plus there was only one of them. I watched an unboxing and didn't notice this part on the scenery section.

mNVx0LX.jpg

Been a good couple days! Got my Anakin dark side custom sculpt...and today I got my Inigo private commission V2 to go with my posted Luke. carefully added a belt ring from an extra Vader saber I had, and done! For me, the V2 is Luke's s saber.

IMG_20180710_144408.jpg

Arrived from KG Hobbies today, as with Anakin figure it arrived in UK 3 days after payment which was £23 from Hong Kong. Excellent service if you pay the pre order price for the figure. With the postage £183 in total.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

thanks a lot guys for all the recent pics.

matrix, thanks for those Leia pics. The body looks great. It seems that a Hoth Leia head, with that body, would be very close to achieving the ROTJ feeling...

Been a good couple days! Got my Anakin dark side custom sculpt...and today I got my Inigo private commission V2 to go with my posted Luke. carefully added a belt ring from an extra Vader saber I had, and done! For me, the V2 is Luke's s saber.

View attachment 417039
Thanks for posting that. I've been wondering how to add it. Did you actually make a hole on the hilt for the ring to go in? If so, can you tell me how? Oh, and who painted the hilt for you?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that. I've been wondering how to add it. Did you actually make a hole on the hilt for the ring to go in? If so, can you tell me how? Oh, and who painted the hilt for you?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi. This was a paint/custom from Inigo Customs. I think I was lucky enough to grab one that he had as extra,but he did mention he is thinking about possibly doing another run, possibly with his head sculpts for Luke he has upcoming.

I actually did make a hole in the hilt. I ordered a tiny 30 piece hand drill, and very carefully, with the world's smallest drill bit, lol, sort of went in and down on each side of the cube in the pommel. Had I gone straight across I think it would have cut right through the pommel cube. The D-ring came from an extra Vader hilt I had lying around. Give me a minute or two and I'll try to take a pic of the but I used. The whole set, a 30 piece, was around 11.00

Ah..I wondered about those bodies..looks great ..might have to invest in one now

What color body is that for the Jiaou and med bust?

thanks a lot guys for all the recent pics.

matrix, thanks for those Leia pics. The body looks great. It seems that a Hoth Leia head, with that body, would be very close to achieving the ROTJ feeling...
Please do not support this company by buying their bodies. It’s one thing if a figure kit already comes issued with one, as you can just toss the shoddy body aside.

Anyway, “Jiaou” stole trade secrets from Phicen/TBLeague under false pretenses and weaseled into the market with their poor man’s Phicen “knock-off” bodies. Besides that, the skeleton inside these things is cheap plastic and the physique of the figure itself is horrendously bad, even compared to earlier “Phicen” offerings.

If you want actual good bodies that are legitimately worth your time and effort, and are helping to advance the hobby, look into Phicen (now known as TBLeague) bodies. You can get them on BBTS or KGhobby. Could also try Amazon and eBay, I guess.

The suntan skintones work for most Hot Toys females. Wonder Woman is a bit darker though. Still, you can use pastels to alter the skin tone of the bodies, since it will also help to coat the medical grade silicone in powder, which it has to have to keep from being “tacky.” These are normally coated in light amounts of baby powder.

Anyway, has anyone’s Luke shipped from AlterEgoComics yet?

Have this figure in hand i really do not understand the need to remove the fat suit..Jedi Luke is already very slim.

Have this figure in hand i really do not understand the need to remove the fat suit..Jedi Luke is already very slim.

The fat suit doesn't look wrong to me either, but then I haven't removed the vest. Body shaping looks good.

On that earlier point, did anyone else find this piece in their set?

mNVx0LX.jpg

It's tiny, and fits over one of the clips on the scenery backdrop for the base.

I watched this unboxing and could not see it attached to the scenery.

Between 12:32 and 12:38 you can see that there is nothing covering the scenery clips. At 13:05 the two parts are assembled. When I did that with mine the mysterious little black piece suddenly dropped onto the table.

“Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker”.
2686123ec9473ca2e778cbcb31f3d7b0.jpg

Someone please combine these pics into an animated gif. Yoda's eyes popping open and closed, Luke leaning forward then jumping backward.:lol

Back