Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this a couple of weeks ago but finally got around to playing with it. There are only 2 things i dont like, the fat suit (which run down his legs), and the shoulders.

Its a little nerve wracking getting that suit off. I just used some scissors to cut it in half. The second problem is tougher, its hard to know which way the shoulders are facing, and they are sort of ratchet jointed, so it feels like they will break.

After getting all of that sorted out its a great figure, now the mobility is great, but the tunic does want to ride up a little. I cut the strap that held it down, it goes under the crotch. I may have been better off just cutting the top of the fat suit but i wanted to get rid of it altogether initially.

I didnt have much problem with the arm switching after all of this.

Timewalker charging started today. Expected in stock 7/15

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Great pics matrix69 and inigou!! :clap :rock

This is why no one likes you, Matrix. How are we supposed to compete with THAT!??

LOL! Fantastic shot. Rep Given!
Why thank you kind sir:)

Very nice shots guys! Love that skiff shot!

Why the heck can’t Hot Toys nail the Chewy like you did?!?!?! That’s an amazing setup. Your modified Chewy looks amazing bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be cool if you could share some of the pictures of the Woderful diorama and I’ll be some of the construction methods. But the photos are fantastic.
Base diorama is from HT 1/4 scale fett
:duff

Nice pics, Pizza. Some really nice subtle lighting.

But yeah, those 1/6 Vaders always seem so huge. The SSC one could almost pass for 1/5.:lol

I'm always wanting those light-up sabers to be brighter, but that "swish" saber looks pretty cool.

But yeah, those 1/6 Vaders always seem so huge. The SSC one could almost pass for 1/5.:lol
Damn straight! I mean, Vader is 6'6" - at least David Prowse was to the top of the dome. So yeah, the figure should be 13" tall. They make 'em almost like Chewbacca is disguised as him. Eh, then again Carrie Fisher was like 5 foot..so the figures should only be 10" tall - or a tad more to compensate for the boots. The heights are all over the place. I should just be grateful that they made Chewie taller than Han and Luke shorter lol....unless you're Sideshow.

8b57027c126669492aa51f455f23a83d.jpg

Just realized you could pose this Luke with the compass from TLJ to make the scene from BF2. Wish they would have included a black gloved saber hand though that wasn't the lightup arm.

Just realized you could pose this Luke with the compass from TLJ to make the scene from BF2. Wish they would have included a black gloved saber hand though that wasn't the lightup arm.

Really don't get their reasoning for that. 70% of the movie Luke had the black glove on after he got shot on the barge thing.

One thing that irked me about that BF2 appearance was Luke wearing two black gloves. meaning wearing a glove for each hand :slap

“Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker”.
2686123ec9473ca2e778cbcb31f3d7b0.jpg

Back