Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? You referring to the collar itself that is rubbing black off wherever it rests? I've seen some people on here claim that it's lint, but if that's the case why is it so hard to remove?

No I meant he comes with a protector around the neck (for shipping). But if you are getting black dye staining to the neck on display, that's a different matter. Looks like it might be a case of removing the head and soaking the collar in water to remove the excess dye for prevention.

As for the removal on the neck, i'd try water to begin with. Otherwise there are other methods using pimple remover. Google it.

But, surely after such a short time the dye hasn't soaked into the neck "skin" ?

Ordered mine last Sunday and it came on Thursday. Message them, ask if they have any in-stock and ask if you can pay the whole payment now.

Weird did yours say preorder when you ordered? I live chatted with someone yesterday that said end of the month or next month. Don’t know if they didn’t know what they were talking about though.

Yeah, it's status was still on pre-order.

Great photos Pizza - looks like you got the hood arc/placement/whatever perfect.

Did you retouch the face a bit? It looks a bit reddish/flushed. Maybe just the lighting.

No I did not. That’s definitely from those IKEA dioders. I backed him up some so his face could be well lit but that’s one of the repercussions of that.

Got mine a few days ago, and finally had a chance to unpack him and set him up, and I'm really pleased with him.

Are there nitpicks? Sure, he a touch barrel chested, but in hand it's not that much of a glaring issue. And as I display him with the cloak, it is even less apparent. And the switch out arm is a right pain in the ass, and he certainly should have come with a couple more gloved options, but all that fades away as soon as I put him on the shelf with Han, Chewie and Leia. Overall, very happy indeed.

Back