Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah not even going to try and compete with that, lol. Sick shot.

I did finally settle on a pose though. Nothing fancy but a decent variation from my other Luke poses.

Thanks for that. It's disappointing given how good it looks. It took my wife and I ages to try and munipulate the wire in the hood back in. Ended up having to take it out as it was sticking out that far anyway. It's still not right now. The customer service guy at Sideshow has been really helpful though and has put all 3 items down to be sent out to me when they get them in stock. I don't know when that'll be but it's better than nothing I guess. The other options were to accept a $30 Sideshow voucher or send the whole thing back for a replacement. Given it came from HK to the UK, I'm not prepared to pay any more shipping or Customs Tax.

Typical Ssc ....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah not even going to try and compete with that, lol. Sick shot.

I did finally settle on a pose though. Nothing fancy but a decent variation from my other Luke poses.

Did you retouch the face a bit? It looks a bit reddish/flushed. Maybe just the lighting.

I know this is the wrong thread, but I'm desperate lol

I'm trying to find a body replacement for my SS Henry Jones. I purchased a World Box body, but the skin tone is way to dark/dull. Need more pinkish/vibrant. I want to get another body that has the attached neck & double jointed elbos..but I can't afford to screw up again. Does anyone have a suggestion on what body would better match that head? Coo Models & ZY/ZC Toys seem to be the other bodies that would work..but it's near impossible to tell from online pics what the actual color will be.

I just opened mine Luke and he is very nice adition. But the only thing I had trouble with was the fabric on the hood wanted to slide just enough under the wire. I Ironed mine with water downed starch. It worked very well for me. I used lowest heat and was very careful to just press and stiffen that fabric around the wire. It took care of the problem. Now he look just like the hot toys photos. I have a newer nice iron that I’ve only used hand full of times. I actually took out my Sideshow Jawa set I gave up on there hoods a year ago and they look pretty good. I used some good gentle startch I think my girlfriend keeps handy when we’re going out and my collar on my dress shirts are out of wack from drying them wrong Apparently. Lol The Star Wars figures love it.

This is why no one likes you, Matrix. How are we supposed to compete with THAT!??

LOL! Fantastic shot. Rep Given!
It would be cool if you could share some of the pictures of the Woderful diorama and I’ll be some of the construction methods. But the photos are fantastic.

Has anyone figured out a solution to the neck staining issue? I have heard mixed reports such as "it's not dye, it's simply lint from the collar" - but I'm thinking that that's false. I keep having a pretty damn difficult time removing it from the neck.

Has anyone figured out a solution to the neck staining issue? I have heard mixed reports such as "it's not dye, it's simply lint from the collar" - but I'm thinking that that's false. I keep having a pretty damn difficult time removing it from the neck.

Didn't yours come with a "priest" neck protector ??

Does anyone have any glue residue on the bottom of the grey tabards?

No but I have an actual drip of glue on one side, and what appeared to be a glue fingerprint on the pants.
B67DF2F5-1F89-4A0C-96EB-D24F0DCDC899.jpg

Back