Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually a recovering drug addict myself, I used to inject and smoke whatever I could get my hands on. I got into collecting when I overcame those demons and got myself sober a few years back. Collecting these types of figures can really help transition to a healthy addiction for people like me with "addictive personalities (i.e. weak wills lol)".

This hobby can become addictive. So maybe it's a good thing 1/6 scale figures are sorta pricey. Forces middle to lower class people to pick and choose wisely. Or maybe I'm just a rambling loony-toon ha ha ha.
Absolutely not! No looniness here. For me, I tend to have to always sell something in order to buy something new. I've been lucky to have tried just about every drug under the rainbow, but never got addicted, or at least my money never went to purchasing it all. Back in the day though, I definitely had a major problem with buying stuff. It was always a means to compensate for my loneliness/depression. It's basically working that way again after my wife and two children left in February of this year (nothing to do with spending money or abuse). Nothing could ever compare to my children - their my whole world (including her), but it's a really hard obstacle to overcome and actually be a dad when the other parent doesn't want anything to do with you. Now that's what you call inappropriate rambling! lol - back to Luke..

After seeing pics of both Jedi Luke and Anakin, I'm having a real hard time deciding which one I want more.

He's arrived! Can't wait to finish work. £51 customs charge though. Ouch.

He's arrived! Can't wait to finish work. £51 customs charge though. Ouch.

Have you had to pay that already or has it been delivered while you’ve had an invoice? Oddly enough my quote for import duty was £48... no idea why it would be different?

Yeah got mine yesterday. Still haven’t had a chance to open him, but I’ve had several reminders from DHL about my customs charge!

Have you had to pay that already or has it been delivered while you’ve had an invoice? Oddly enough my quote for import duty was £48... no idea why it would be different?

I’ve started ordering from KG Hobbies. They tend to mark the value down and I haven’t been hit with customs once (based in Ireland) since I started using them.

Nice pic matrix 69! :clap

Another evolution of Luke Skywalker image with his main looks from each film. Changed up the pose on ANH Luke and slightly on RotJ Luke, and used the Sandtrooper sand dio base for ANH Luke and used the Luke Skywalker name plate. Really like the binary sunset pose (more less).

If anything, it’d be better to have TLJ Luke after RotJ Luke, followed by Luke in his Jedi robes in a meditation, levitating pose to close out his journey.

View attachment 415791

Love this! :clap Great seeing all the HT Luke figures together. :rock

Can't get enough of this guy. :love:

41134480950_f1bc369971_c.jpg

41134492860_2ab8334511_c.jpg

I just saw that you have a little metal ring on that hilt for attaching it to his belt. How did you attach it? Could you post a pic as well?

I took my figure out again last night after some distance and frustration with the damaged belt. I don't understand it. He does look fat in pictures, but in hand- its really ok.
Kinda like me in real life.:wink1:

Very roughly posed (still need to sort out the hood) but I wanted to pull my hair out tying the string on the saber.
It's less noticeable in person, my camera seemed to highlight it for some reason.
861cd3964c9860fe9080d5ecb3df3757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back