Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm sorry (and no disrespect to your posing/photography etc) but that looks ridiculous. How could HT think that is a nice looking outfit? It looks like young Mark Hamill ate old Mark Hamill. I was flip flopping about getting this because some pics he looked decent and others he looked really bad and this has just confirmed it for me. It's such a shame because this is the only Luke I was interested in getting.

Added a Tatooine background and some few FX!
Ready to kick Jabba´s ass :)

LUKE_SILU.jpg

Don know if i´m allowed to post this after the new rules so if not, please remove it or let me know.
I added a render of my 3D Jabba´s barge sculpt to the HT figure to see how it would look. Still need retouching but dont look bad IMO :)

hair.jpg

Bless your heart if you have no interest in other franchises. I swear, between Marvel and SW I don't think I'll have enough room for my collection if they keep on making them like they have been. Have mercy on my soul the day Hot Toys decides to start making figures from the Clone Wars show. It'll simultaneously be the best and worst day of my collecting career ever. Some figures would have to go...

I am strictly Star Wars, but I am also a vintage collector, so yeah...
Space and $$$ are limited at this point. I love other lines, but I can’t get into another franchise. Plus, vintage prices are so crazy I haven’t bought anything vintage in a while.
I was looking at the basement last night wondering where I will fit everything that I hope comes out. I have been collecting 1:6 since the first Jedi Luke so I am in the process of selling off the old ss figures to free up some room. I may need to sell the wife.

For those outside US and buys from SCC... As you know, only SSC uses shipper boxes and while resellers like Popcultcha, Amazon, etc use another box to put shipper boxed figure, SCC just ships with shipper box with all those postage stickers on it. Does it bother you and does it decrease item's value for those who also keep shipper boxes?

Don know if i´m allowed to post this after the new rules so if not, please remove it or let me know.
I added a render of my 3D Jabba´s barge sculpt to the HT figure to see how it would look. Still need retouching but dont look bad IMO :)

View attachment 415640

I really like it, it looks superb... I hope someday you can do Force Projection of Luke in TLJ.

For those outside US and buys from SCC... As you know, only SSC uses shipper boxes and while resellers like Popcultcha, Amazon, etc use another box to put shipper boxed figure, SCC just ships with shipper box with all those postage stickers on it. Does it bother you and does it decrease item's value for those who also keep shipper boxes?

It doesn't bother me at all. As long as the shipper box is there to protect the main box I'm fine with postage stickers being on it. It says it all when we worry about the box that protects the box our stuff is in being damaged and affecting the price.

My hero shelf is just missing Lando now.

43115991031_1804cb65a6_b.jpg

Thanks for this pic Matt. I have exactly the same lineup. And Ive been considering what it would look like if i decided to reappropriate Farmboy Luke and maybe Ben somewhere else. Then sub in Jedi Luke with the other OT figures. Looks better than I expected actually.

I'm sorry (and no disrespect to your posing/photography etc) but that looks ridiculous. How could HT think that is a nice looking outfit? It looks like young Mark Hamill ate old Mark Hamill. I was flip flopping about getting this because some pics he looked decent and others he looked really bad and this has just confirmed it for me. It's such a shame because this is the only Luke I was interested in getting.

I don’t know man. I’m not seeing what your seeing. He looks fricken awesome. Remove fat suit if you think he is too bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any tips on getting the interchangeable arm out? I honestly feel like I’m going to break something or rip the sleeve. Dumb design, I wish they’d have used velcro on the cuff or something.

I don’t know man. I’m not seeing what your seeing. He looks fricken awesome. Remove fat suit if you think he is too bulky.

Agreed.

Any tips on getting the interchangeable arm out? I honestly feel like I’m going to break something or rip the sleeve. Dumb design, I wish they’d have used velcro on the cuff or something.

Do you mean getting it out through the sleeve, or out of the joint?

Back