Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01244fdf02e5e556c02e65ee0b3665bd.jpg

I'm so envious of everyone's figures.

Popcultcha sent out an update, 'The estimated time of arrival of this product has been updated from 30 June 2018 to 31 August 2018.' :gah:

Sigh. Such is life in the outer rim.

:gah:

Had a feeling that them stocking on the 30th was too good to be true.

Or at least have the saber ..I find it hard to believe he lost it when Ben collapsed the temple. Maybe Rey will find it in EP IX

It’s kinda like when Yoda dropped his saber during his fight with Sidious, They never thought about going back to find it.

Great photos everyone. Awesome base Cocoboloboy

Question: Has anyone ordered this from Sideshow recently (>1 week) and had it shipped? I know I'm doomed for the second batch anyway but just though I'd ask.

Honestly, even if I rinse the robe out, I’d still be too worried about staining to display him with it.

Question: Has anyone ordered this from Sideshow recently (>1 week) and had it shipped? I know I'm doomed for the second batch anyway but just though I'd ask.
I asked this very question a few pages back, then went back and answered my own question lol. I received mine Tuesday, then ordered another Wednesday. I called Thursday and found out there are some still in stock, but they weren't even going to process and ship the figure. I had to tell them on the phone that I'd like for it to ship now..so it shipped Friday. I'd say call them to place the order to make sure there are still some more in stock, and that you would like for it to ship right away.
Honestly, even if I rinse the robe out, I’d still be too worried about staining to display him with it.
Yeah, there's no way I'd soak that cloak in water. Even if it didn't have that weird double sided tape stuff, I wouldn't want to mess with it. I just don't see how it hanging on the figure is going to stain anything..unless you wet it while hanging on the figure. If it actually is possible, maybe cover Luke under it with Saran Wrap. Like everywhere that the cloak is touching the figure, but you won't be able to see it because the cloak will cover it up.

I asked this very question a few pages back, then went back and answered my own question lol. I received mine Tuesday, then ordered another Wednesday. I called Thursday and found out there are some still in stock, but they weren't even going to process and ship the figure. I had to tell them on the phone that I'd like for it to ship now..so it shipped Friday. I'd say call them to place the order to make sure there are still some more in stock, and that you would like for it to ship right away.

Will do. Thanks for the heads up! Curious as to why they won't ship what they've got.

Nice how did you do it :hi5:
i took a Stainless Steel rod of same diameter than the hole and gut grinder with the dremel for the correct lenght.
I painted the hole with a marker to avoif having to drill it that would be difficult in this scale.
Hope that helps

image_01.jpg.jpg

Or at least have the saber ..I find it hard to believe he lost it when Ben collapsed the temple. Maybe Rey will find it in EP IX

Luke may have threw it in the ocean...look what he did with his father’s saber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUKE_SILU.jpg

Also removed the padded suit in some areas And added some height to the neck.
I think looked too fat in the crouch and short necked.
Now looks good enough to me :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he really do nothing with his father saber? I mean, he cut off Vader's robotic hand that was holding the saber..and it plummeted down. I'm sure if that didn't happen, he would have kept it as a memento instead of burning it with the body.

I was talking about the one Obi-Wan gave him and he lost on Bespin but got it back when Rey handed to him. That was Anakin’s saber before. He tossed that like it was nothing cause he was done with Jedi so sure he would have no problem tossing his green saber he built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back