Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how about his V2 saber if we want to talk proper outfits and looks, lol. He basically used his V2 saber in roughly 95% of the film while the hero shows up in the one scene with Vader examining it. on the Death Star, sitting on the emperor's throne, there's the V2. When Luke tosses his saber away, there's the V2... 081-680x658.jpg

Slightly disagree. Yes, the head sculpts are the same, but unless you have them displayed right next to each other, it's not really an issue. My Death Star Luke is locked in a battle with Vader, and my other figure is my "Everything Luke". Robe with hood up, vest, belt, battle damaged hand, wearing the saber on the belt and holding the blaster. Just too many cool items (IMO) to leave sitting in the box.

IF (we are all talking like it's been confirmed already) an Endor Luke comes out, I guess I'm one of the few who really wants the Endor Luke look, not another DS II Battle Luke. I have the SS Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper, and he has been sitting alone on my shelf for far too long.

Precisely why I'd prefer the angry, gritted teeth expression of the sculpt shown to come with the potential Endor Luke for a DS II Luke. I think it's better suited as a "battling" expression; especially from the part in his final duel with Vader where he attacked him in a rage after he threatened to turn Leia to the Dark Side.

Precisely why I'd prefer the angry, gritted teeth expression of the sculpt shown to come with the potential Endor Luke for a DS II Luke. I think it's better suited as a "battling" expression; especially from the part in his final duel with Vader where he attacked him in a rage after he threatened to turn Leia to the Dark Side.

If that's the case, for me, I'd probably just swap the head of ROTJ Luke 1 (I guess that's what I can call him, lol?) for Endor Luke's head. For me, I just think there are too many looks/props/etc to only have one of the current Lukes. I know, Hot Toys has me right where they want me, but this is a figure I'd waited a long time for, so I'll grab a few, and unlike how I'd feel with others, I'll feel ok with it.

When the Deadpool 2 pre-order was announced, I was a bit worried they would also do an all black/grey Deadpool as well as the red since in some adds he wore the black. The black looked amazing but the red was his iconic look. Now that was a figure I'd truly have to only pick one, but glad I didn't need to decide which one, as they only did the red.

For me all I feel like I need is a Luke for battling Vader and one to represent the beginning of the movie at Jabba’s Palace (probably the out of box look only replacing the gloves hand with another for on the look on the Skiff with either the blaster or saber in hand). The Jedi cloak look isn’t all that iconic to me as he wears it so briefly. That’s something I’d pose up and maybe take a couple pictures of and be done with it. The Endor gear is cool but without a speeder bike (really a couple, one for him and one for a Scout) it doesn’t do a lot for me.

Ht should jump on the excitement wave for this figure and put Endor Luke up for preorder ASAP. Many people here talking about a third version of this figure. They must know we are crazy. They should drop Endor leia with it and capitalize on our psychosis. Or is it just mine?

I assume if I didn't request early processing my Luke order from sideshow will ship sometime in late July or something? I had a payment plan but when they sent the early processing email, I waited a few days then set it to one payment. I thought since I didn't see the early processing button that would do... Lol apparently not.

Can't wait to get ESB Vader to display with him. Oh, it's going to be glorious.

I assume if I didn't request early processing my Luke order from sideshow will ship sometime in late July or something? I had a payment plan but when they sent the early processing email, I waited a few days then set it to one payment. I thought since I didn't see the early processing button that would do... Lol apparently not.

Can't wait to get ESB Vader to display with him. Oh, it's going to be glorious.

That was most likely why you didn't get it. I'd imagine many got the same email and replied almost immediately. I was asked if I wanted early processing as well even without having a payment plan and already having chose payment in full when I PO'd within a day or 2 of the PO going live.

Just got mine and wow, it's a gorgeous figure! Get it, you won't be disappointed! It has magnetic hair and the booklet says it was done for "upcoming accessories". Anyone got any guesses?

If that's the case, for me, I'd probably just swap the head of ROTJ Luke 1 (I guess that's what I can call him, lol?) for Endor Luke's head. For me, I just think there are too many looks/props/etc to only have one of the current Lukes. I know, Hot Toys has me right where they want me, but this is a figure I'd waited a long time for, so I'll grab a few, and unlike how I'd feel with others, I'll feel ok with it.

When the Deadpool 2 pre-order was announced, I was a bit worried they would also do an all black/grey Deadpool as well as the red since in some adds he wore the black. The black looked amazing but the red was his iconic look. Now that was a figure I'd truly have to only pick one, but glad I didn't need to decide which one, as they only did the red.

Well no that’s my point. If one already has this figure and is contemplating buying another one, I would personally just wait for what I’m guessing is the inevitable Endor/DS II version, as opposed to buying this figure again then buying a parted out Endor version sculpt, which would likely all in all, cost more money because you bought two figures (two of these), then bought the parted out Endor sculpt, which I’m sure will be pricey on the secondary market.

If you know you want two RotJ Lukes, I would just wait for the inevitable Endor version because you’ll get a different sculpt, as well as another outfit and other goodies that this version didn’t come with.

Washed the robe and took some more shots. Sorry only pics with IPhone. Don’t have an amazing camera like some of the board members.

3dd52349d53220641b1f5f6536be1b1e.jpg
ac027667da995e9e2d05461f6f81b0c6.jpg
e83cd4e899bc5e05855ba5c94babadf7.jpg

41df393f6d0ac6c8b2ff1462741d018c.jpg

448cf77b5d5ceb2f7d30735dec699852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm so envious of everyone's figures.

Popcultcha sent out an update, 'The estimated time of arrival of this product has been updated from 30 June 2018 to 31 August 2018.' :gah:

Sigh. Such is life in the outer rim.

My own experience, when I used only water, a small amount of dye would come out. Something as simple as one drop of detergent into a small bowl of cool to slightly warm water, and agitate with hand, had the entire bowl of water looking brown/purple. After 3 rinses with cold water, the water became clear and when comparing it to my untouched Luke robe from figure you, you honestly couldn't tell the difference. So I'm def an advocate for using a little detergent if one wants to be real safe. It also took maybe 15 min total. No need to soak the robe hours and hours.

Thanks for this advice, I tried it with some detergent and sure enough, even after three long soaks in water, the water/detergent looked like grape Kool-Aid after the first wash. Took two washes and a good amount of rinsing but I think I got it.

Couldn't resist giving it as an early birthday gift. So far it looks perfect except the hilt is crooked and makes the blade go askew. :( Already requested a replacement from Sideshow.

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 8.13.06 PM.jpg

For me all I feel like I need is a Luke for battling Vader and one to represent the beginning of the movie at Jabba’s Palace (probably the out of box look only replacing the gloves hand with another for on the look on the Skiff with either the blaster or saber in hand). The Jedi cloak look isn’t all that iconic to me as he wears it so briefly. That’s something I’d pose up and maybe take a couple pictures of and be done with it. The Endor gear is cool but without a speeder bike (really a couple, one for him and one for a Scout) it doesn’t do a lot for me.

Precisely the two looks I’d have as well, and for the same reasons.

Back