Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not angry at all but someone to say hey you are not entitled to question stuff or that fans have no right to DARE question a film is idiotic.

Nor do i get the impression that fans take this personally other then when one of the brain trusts at lucasfilm insults the fans openly and lies about them.

other then those moments no fans sleep just fine at night.

Meanwhile someone has raised 90 million dollars to remake TLJ, not that i think that will ever become a thing, disney has lawyers after all, but that is a staggering amount of cash because lucasfilm under KK is a bloody mess being run into the ground.

NM what people like this have done to marvel comics. And they treat the fans the exact same way.

ProTip if you want to run a business especially one worth billions you do not insult and lie about your fans, that is the quickest way to destroy said business, and that should get people upset that something they grew up with is being killed. Not that that they made a few bad movies. it was that plus the attacks when fans reacted.

Lucas made bad star wars films, what he never did was come out and insult the fans and surprise there was no boycotts, there was zero backlash, just general disappointment that those movies were not nearly as good as they could have been.

This is whole next level stuff.

And yea jedi luke looks amazing just miffed they are saying they will not have any to ship out until august. :p

I am not angry at all but someone to say hey you are not entitled to question stuff or that fans have no right to DARE question a film is idiotic.

Nor do i get the impression that fans take this personally other then when one of the brain trusts at lucasfilm insults the fans openly and lies about them.

other then those moments no fans sleep just fine at night.

Meanwhile someone has raised 90 million dollars to remake TLJ, not that i think that will ever become a thing, disney has lawyers after all, but that is a staggering amount of cash because lucasfilm under KK is a bloody mess being run into the ground.

NM what people like this have done to marvel comics. And they treat the fans the exact same way.

ProTip if you want to run a business especially one worth billions you do not insult and lie about your fans, that is the quickest way to destroy said business, and that should get people upset that something they grew up with is being killed. Not that that they made a few bad movies. it was that plus the attacks when fans reacted.

Lucas made bad star wars films, what he never did was come out and insult the fans and surprise there was no boycotts, there was zero backlash, just general disappointment that those movies were not nearly as good as they could have been.

This is whole next level stuff.

And yea jedi luke looks amazing just miffed they are saying they will not have any to ship out until august. :p

You are aware that that website isn't ACTUAL donations, right? Just want to make that clear. It's people that put in an email and "pledge" an amount (basically just enter a number without actually paying anything). They've raised nothing. I can go "donate" 50 million dollars right now if I want to give them my email address.

Literally all it asks for on the site is your email address and your "pledge amount", you press submit and it says THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION.

It's either a sad attempt to try to make people think they've actually raised money, or an email phishing scam. I'd love to believe the latter, because putting in that much effort otherwise is depressing.

So anyway...

Hopefully lots of us getting the figures this week (Tuesday for me!).

Can't wait for some more reviews and pictures!

Luke was always my favorite character, with vader second, han maybe 3rd.

But there will be no luke in 9 unless they cgi him, hamill said he is not coming back period. He and RJ did not have a good relationship kind of like RJ and the fans, so any excitement he had for the project is nil at this point, just like the fans in large part.

Also contacted the place i ordered from and they say they will not have them till ship to august, hoping they got that date wrong......

Fake news.....

Besides , RJ is not directing the next one.....
Welcome back to reality. Mark will return if Disney wants him to....period.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If you sign up for UPS MyChoice you can change the delivery to not require a signature. You take a little risk, but my UPS people suck around here so I ended up using that option. It’ll also give you a notification when it’s delivered.

Often they will deliver to a UPS store near you and it gets there a day sooner too!

Got mine Friday, got it open and snapped some pics yesterday. NO real complaints, solid as hell, easy to remove the belts and vest, easy to get the robe on/off. Didn't futz with the light up saber (rarely do) but everything else is great. I think it looks just as good as the promo pics. With that removable hair I really wish they just included the Endor helmet and poncho, or a wind swept hair, I know many others have said the same it's just too bad we didn't get that. Beyond that, very pleased with this set.

https://i.imgur.com/i24Kk6x.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/P2Z4qbI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/20uShCL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Pdc2BYK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5weCAgc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/DJs4mcO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LozTamq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7Qok61i.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xpJYt0l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/y6gJhNv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tj9Mdyh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lX7cLU5.jpg

Often they will deliver to a UPS store near you and it gets there a day sooner too!

I’ve never had that experience. Whenever I’ve had it delivered to the store it gets there the day it would normally be delivered, and late in the day, so that I have to get it the next day.

Cerebus is mad! :lol

I’m a fan ... have been my whole life ... and I don’t feel angry, deceived, or anything else in those regards to TLJ. Subjectivity man. Learn it.

Has anybody had any issues with loose joints so far? Most of the poses I’ve seen posted he looks like he can hold a lot of different poses without using the stand.

Last edited:
I’ve never had that experience. Whenever I’ve had it delivered to the store it gets there the day it would normally be delivered, and late in the day, so that I have to get it the next day.

Cerebus is mad! :lol

I’m a fan ... have been my whole life ... and I don’t feel angry, deceived, or anything else in those regards to TLJ. Subjectivity man. Learn it.

Has anybody had any issues with loose joints so far? Most of the poses I’ve seen posted he looks like he can hold a lot of different poses without using the stand.

The only loose joints I've encountered is Luke's right hand at the wrist, but that was really only when I put on the "swoosh" blade effect on the saber, it's a bit heavy so his wrist/elbow struggle to hold the blade's weight in certain positions. Beyond that, no loose joints, shoulders are super stiff, rest of the joints seem normal.

Touch of hot glue on the peg fixes loose joints

Hamill had very big balls to say what he went on record saying. Had any of the young actors done that, they would have been destroyed by Kathleen Palpatine for their..... lack of vision. Being a prequel and TFA hater myself (I will never watch TLJ), it was thrilling seeing that kind of... revolting.

Then, after all his rebelling, he finally gave in, and twitted: sorry Ryan, I finally saw the movie, and I was wrong. It is GREAT.

When you are one of the 2 main protagonists in a film, you can clearly see if the script is good or not (even if you know only enough of the script to perform your part). No post-production trick can change that. Hamill's bad feeling about TLJ was more than well grounded.

tl;dr: Hamill has lied at some point. Before or after.

I always thought of him as the only OT component that had some dignity after Carrie Fisher's fall, Harrison Ford blatant contempt, and Lucas' PT-induced demise. But now, I wonder just how much of Mickey Mouse's money he was given to shut the pie up...

So: I can trust Mark Hamill no more. You shouldn't either guys.

Regards,
m.

EDIT: Marine Boy, I stopped keeping tabs on Hamill's rebellious stance after he flip-flopped.
Some sources of him flip-flopping again...?

EDIT: Marine Boy, your explanation does not hold, in my opinion. If I was a Mickey Mouse executive I wouldn't allow any actor to criticize the movie at any moment. If I can have Hamill shut his pie up for 2 weeks, I can do it longer, especially during the run-up to the film release. After all the money is in, say 1 solid year after release, you can be human again and have an opinion, but before that, and to quote Spielberg regarding Labeouf's critiques on some Transformers crap-fest, "it is car-selling time!!".

He won't have a source.

RJ and Hamill are pals in real life, despite what people want to believe. They have been seen together on numerous occasions well after the press-tour for TLJ ended. They normally tweet back and forth, Hamill likes a great number of Rian's tweet, instagram posts, etc. And regardless of whatever "proof" some people derive from the direction of Mark Hamill's eyes in a certain video, Hamill has had nothing but great things to say about Rian as a person.

Mark has voiced his doubts about Luke's story, and has gone on to say he was wrong and seeing the entire movie he really enjoyed it. Whether or not that's true, and whether he loved or hated the movie, it really has nothing to do with his relationship with Rian. Unlike a lot of fans, Mark can separate his feelings for a fictional piece of art from a real person.

They were at some kind of restaurant or event together as recent as maybe a month ago wearing Panda heads together (https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1000799117470150656?lang=en) in Vegas. Both of their wives are friends on FB and seem infer that the two families have spent time together, along with Mark's kids having nothing but good things to say about Rian on social media. Which again, seems like they've spent some time with him as well outside of their cameos.

Also, the whole "I don't care anymore" is taken out of context every single time. He was bummed about not getting the band back together, yes. But that was more JJ's fault than RJ anyway. RJ got Luke and Leia back together, not sure what he could've done about Han considering he's... well, dead. Anyway, the "I dont care anymore" is because of Carrie Fisher dying. He's stated this a few times. It took a huge toll on Mark, and beyond that it's just that he's the only one left and there's really nothing there for him personally anymore. That would likely be the same regardless of how TLJ turned out. Having to film another movie where he is used to having his lifelong friend/screen-sister for every single one he's done, would probably just be a reminder that she's gone to him.

TL;DR: Rian and Mark are friends. The "I don't care anymore" comments in context are primarily because Carrie Fisher died. Angry fans would like people to believe otherwise to both points.

Loving the videos and the pictures! Can't wait for tomorrow. God,I remember pre ordering it way back when on day one, and thinking to myself how a year seemed like an eternity away.

Loving the videos and the pictures! Can't wait for tomorrow. God,I remember pre ordering it way back when on day one, and thinking to myself how a year seemed like an eternity away.

I know, I got this and SSC Jack Burton and the Deluxe Spider-Man Homecoming. Ordered them all months apart and they all showed up the same week. Such a long wait and then to get so many awesome figures at once, made up for the last few months. Enjoy your unboxing tomorrow!!

All that is ok... unless you talk about Star Wars.
You know, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there was a trilogy running from 1977 to 1983, that was utter perfection.
SFX, audio effects, music, props, costumes, vehicles. Everything was game changing. Script writing was childish for 1977 intellectuals, but at least was solid and intriguing, and remains so to this date.

Star Wars.
Tarn. 1999
(even before, with the Special Editions)

cerebus23: Lucas defied and insulted fans with the Special Editions and with Jar Jar. Maybe something else I am missing?

matticus: bombs do not fall in space. Ships have no inertia in space. There is no sound in space. Everything in SW is cool-looking, but not very realistic. The real problem is not actually the bombs-in-space ********, which is really silly, yep, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. Problem is that there are no creators in Hollywood today. Only accountants. Something similar occured with the prequels: problem was not that they were made with too much green-screening going on (nobody complains about Toy Story having too much CGI, right?). The problem was at the source: the unchallenged, short-sighted, materialistic attitude installed in some fat bearded Modesto guy's mind. From there, everything was downhill. Nothing of the 70s and 80s talent was left in the 00s (it died to grunge music), let alone today. It is all soul-less millennials sitting on computers and believing they are unprecedentedly creative gods.

**jumps into hyperspace**

m.

EDIT: thanks for the video Iron Koob (hey, you need to re-watch Empire, you just can't have those doubts about Luke's late bar mitzvah gone wrong!).

Man... that sweeping lightsaber thingy... what a great little innovation by Hot Toys..... So simple, so effective. The light effect is just awesome!!!

You seemed to have just gone off and ranted considering Cicada's post had pretty much nothing to do with your response.

He basically said not to let movies take over your life. If you don't like (or even hate) a movie, that's chill. It's a movie. A piece of entertainment made for us to enjoy (or not). A way to spend a couple hours of your day.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you want to talk about it and say you like it (or dislike it), that's fine too.

But don't let it anger you so deeply that you spend time fuming about it on the internet, getting angry at actual people (cast, crew, random forum peeps) because of a movie. Don't let it bother you so much that you spend time actively getting upset about a film during your day.

He didn't say ANYTHING about the quality of the movie or movies in general in that post. What he was saying regarding the "You're not producers" portion was that it shouldn't be your concern. They have to be concerned with the product because it's their job. You are a consumer.

Getting upset about a movie on a daily basis is just as useful as getting angry about an ice cream flavor you dislike.

Possibly a long-shot, but anyone else here living in Japan? I pre-ordered my RotJ Luke from ToySapien and it's apparently not going to start shipping until August. I thought that was when everyone was getting their Lukes, but obviously that's not the case. I'm so green with envy right now! Would be nice to be able to commiserate with someone else right now. I can get some great prices on these things second-hand here, but new is such a pain!

Back