Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it might be easier for me to commit to the hand paint. Since I ordered 2 Lukes def won't be using all those hands.

:exactly: I understand the electronics involved but yeah It annoys me the gloved saber hand can’t pivot :lecture

The medicom hand definitely comes in handy

I’m not using the right saber gripping hand on my Kylo, so I’d probably just use that for Luke if I go back to the DSII look. A Vader hand would probably work as well. :lol

Also, did you say before that the inside of the collar has a protective lining in it to help militate against staining? I initially left that little thin white paper wrap on, but I eventually picked and yanked it out because I thought it was making him look like a priest rather than a Jedi Knight.

I’m not using the right saber gripping hand on my Kylo, so I’d probably just use that for Luke if I go back to the DSII look. A Vader hand would probably work as well. :lol

Also, did you say before that the inside of the collar has a protective lining in it to help militate against staining? I initially left that little thin white paper wrap on, but I eventually picked and yanked it out because I thought it was making him look like a priest rather than a Jedi Knight.

father luke :lol

I do like Kylo. I think they make him like a cartoon character sometimes with the tantrums in TFA...but he is a lot like Anakin. Very unbalanced and not in control of his emotions. I wonder if this is how Anakin would of been had he not had the burden of thinking he killed Padme in his anger and not been defeated so badly by Obi-wan.

Kylo is like two different guys...half of TFA he is powerful and sure of himself...like his power is off the charts doing stuff we never seen..freezing laser blasts and Rey with the force. By end he comes off weak and whining.

In the TLJ....he doesn’t use any of his force abilities to fight the Guards. He could of force froze those dudes and cut them in half. He even got put in head lock by one of them. It’s like they nerfed his power. Feel like he has been mishandled a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said. I like your post. I hadn’t really thought about that before, but I agree.

I do like Kylo. I think they make him like a cartoon character sometimes with the tantrums in TFA...but he is a lot like Anakin. Very unbalanced and not in control of his emotions. I wonder if this is how Anakin would of been had he not had the burden of thinking he killed Padme in his anger and not been defeated so badly by Obi-wan.

Kylo is like two different guys...half of TFA he is powerful and sure of himself...like his power is off the charts doing stuff we never seen..freezing laser blasts and Rey with the force. By end he comes off weak and whining.

In the TLJ....he doesn’t use any of his force abilities to fight the Guards. He could of force froze those dudes and cut them in half. He even got put in head lock by one of them. It’s like they nerfed his power. Feel like he has been mishandled a bit.

Very well said. I like your post. I hadn’t really thought about that before, but I agree.

Yeah, they’re my sentiments as well regarding Kylo.

Overall I like the character. However, after the opening Jakku scene in TFA, 90% of the time he’s been a snowflake. As popular as the unhelmeted sculpt seems to be, I prefer TFA figure with the helmet because to me, it represents the villainous character at what I feel has been his best and most powerful.

What a terrific line-up! Are you adding TLJ Luke to it?

Thanks, bud. :duff

I am indeed adding TLJ Luke. While I didn’t particularly care for TLJ as a film overall, I was quite content with Luke’s character arc and like what they did with him. He was the shining point of the film for me.

I plan on putting him on the Ahch-To diorama base that came with TFA Luke, as I think it’d look best with TLJ Luke.

Yes, using that base for Luke will look more appropriate with the TLJ one - I just wish HT was including a "variant" of that base- one with the Rey, one with Luke...different than the one with the TFA version.

Still waiting for BBTS to get this ROTJ version of Luke in and start shipping. I should be through snapping the gazillion shots of my ROTS Anakin by then :)

Yes, using that base for Luke will look more appropriate with the TLJ one - I just wish HT was including a "variant" of that base- one with the Rey, one with Luke...different than the one with the TFA version.

Still waiting for BBTS to get this ROTJ version of Luke in and start shipping. I should be through snapping the gazillion shots of my ROTS Anakin by then :)

That would be pretty cool. It would be neat if Rey came with an Ahch-To dio base, but the setting being that rock ledge that she was doing lightsaber practice on.

I’m the opposite of you: while you have RotS Anakin and are waiting on RotJ Luke, I have RotJ Luke and am still waiting on my RotS Anakin. :lol

Can’t wait to add Jedi Luke to my collection Tuesday.
f8a906505d7d7af98d41abe3f34bfc60.jpg

c3ae5b9f75340690c8e9f5555bf61df4.jpg

I wasn’t referring to the white paper. I took that off when I first opened it. Inside the actual collar if you feel around there is a black film that is part of the fabric . If you put it up against the light you can notice it

It's nice to see all the love for Luke in this thread. The older I get, the more I feel like I'm in the minority with Luke being my favorite character. Most people it seems gravitate toward Han. I love Harrison Ford, and Indiana Jones is still my favorite movie character, ever, but Luke has always been my favorite Star Wars character. I'm really hoping he has a place in IX, Hamill's acting in TLJ was fantastic and it'd be cool to see him as a "redeemed", hopeful Jedi Master, even in ghost form.

It's nice to see all the love for Luke in this thread. The older I get, the more I feel like I'm in the minority with Luke being my favorite character. Most people it seems gravitate toward Han. I love Harrison Ford, and Indiana Jones is still my favorite movie character, ever, but Luke has always been my favorite Star Wars character. I'm really hoping he has a place in IX, Hamill's acting in TLJ was fantastic and it'd be cool to see him as a "redeemed", hopeful Jedi Master, even in ghost form.

I’m hoping he force teleported to tantoine by accident and is still alive. I doubt it would happen but would be great if he was back in episode 9.

Here’s to hoping he force teleported to earth just before Lucas gives over control to KK to warn about the impending destruction of his beloved franchise.

For the people that have no intention of using the light-up saber, why not remove the hand from the arm and install a wrist peg? Then you could get all the movement you need. I haven't received my Luke yet, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to break everything apart and pop in a wrist peg. Might have to use some sticky tac or something to be able to twist it, but it could work. You'd think they'd definitely include the hand with the Endor figure/accessory pack. If they do, that gloved hand is gonna go for like $50+ on eBay.

Received Luke today, awesome figure. I actually think the side profile looks more like Hamil than straight on. Going to try and take some pics of him with Boba, but anyone who has had him for a little while now, what is the consensus on the cloak/neck staining? I think cloak on is my favorite of the included looks but worried it could rub off on other areas. Amazing how much versatility this figure has, I spent hours configuring it different ways and still haven't experienced every setup.

Received Luke today, awesome figure. I actually think the side profile looks more like Hamil than straight on. Going to try and take some pics of him with Boba, but anyone who has had him for a little while now, what is the consensus on the cloak/neck staining? I think cloak on is my favorite of the included looks but worried it could rub off on other areas. Amazing how much versatility this figure has, I spent hours configuring it different ways and still haven't experienced every setup.

Yes - I am very impressed with this figure in hand. He has so many different looks. I personally like him with the cloak on. His mysterious Jedi vibe at the beginning of ROTJ is awesome. I remember seeing it discussed before, but remind me, why his hair is removable?

Ugh mine comes Tuesday and I leave for vacation tomorrow. I did get a head on eBay and did this. It's been nice to see this amazing sculpt up close for a bit

20180621_111254.jpg
20180621_111302.jpg

Back