Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
852438289ca8052aecb07253bf4d94b6.heic
d78476c3e4a41f091038a64bb06b9cde.heic
acbaaa37c570a88ee8fbaa7ff652ed74.heic
2b21bf43582d3a85881e0baabfd8cc7f.heic
af9a866e5ff6c66bdd5aec58cf53a970.heic
2c031329c33f18be00e34725a4e9f3b3.heic

Got him in today, only got a few quick shots, he’s alright, pretty cool fig so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone else’s lit hilt bent a little? The hilt on the swappable blades is bent towards the emitter part. I’m gonna ask Sideshow for a replacement.

The sculpt looks pretty good in those shots, Hector!
I still have some reservations about the sculpt though, he has a bit of that 'deer in headlights' look IMO. Not as strong as the original SSC had, but still noticeable. It's the only thing still holding me back. I should try to see it in person somehow I guess.

Did some minor upgrades. Home run by Hot Toys. Definitely need another one. :exactly:
42226781884_0fcccdd1b4_c.jpg

Awesome short round. This is how I'm going to pose my Luke to begin with. Good use of all the accessories and looks great. But also with lightsaber ignited I think. Can't have that sitting in the box !

Someone wasn’t kidding as well regarding the LED arm being a bit tricky to get in. Since you can’t roll the sleeve high enough to see the joint, you sort of just have to feel for it and guess how hard you need to press to get it seated in. Plus, I don’t like how the wrist has no joint and the only movement it has is you can rotate it.

Would it have killed HT to include just one more gloved hand for grasping the saber? :lol

c3c83936150a0b87bd1e7be6cf0eb069.png

They obviously intended to include a gloved gripping hand. Why the hell did they exclude it?

Thankfully it’s easy enough to paint up the flesh hand with semi gloss spray.

8f2adcef4f778fd3286a1f0d21ee75ad.heic

40243f0936c0762b4be4f3b620f81147.heic

Sorry for all the questions, I'm pretty new here. Inigo is an artist? A company? Is it possible to find/get a V2 still?

He’s an artist, I wasn’t around for his previous work but he’s working on 2 Jedi Luke heads now. His Instagram is Inigou

He’s an artist, I wasn’t around for his previous work but he’s working on 2 Jedi Luke heads now. His Instagram is Inigou

These are the new heads...

iN8pcNB.png

Looking great but I always like to wait until I see a 3D print. I've seen a lot of great zBrush sculpts that just didn't work once in the real world. Not sure why.

If I’ve read correctly, is there a protective liner on the inside of the collar to aid in protecting against staining? I initially left that little white plastic wrap on, but I couldn’t help but take it off; it was making him look too much like a priest.

I’m also starting to see why some people acquired two of these, as I can’t decide between the tunic for a Jabba’s Palace display or the DSII look. Both are pretty iconic moments in the film. If I did get another, I’d probably just wait and get the Endor version and use that for the DSII look, as I think the expression on that sculpt is a better “battling” expression that suits that scene better.

These are the new heads...

iN8pcNB.png

Looking great but I always like to wait until I see a 3D print. I've seen a lot of great zBrush sculpts that just didn't work once in the real world. Not sure why.

Also you have to find someone to paint them. You first pay for sculpt then have to have it shipped to someone who can really make it come to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting Luke on wednesday! So what have people been doing about the robe staining? Or is that even a concern anymore, giving the international shipping?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back