Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks, just got my Luke. Honestly, it's incredible in hand. The sculpt is perfect. I haven't messed around with the costume or tried many poses, but here are some quick pics. DSC_0225.jpgDSC_0227.jpgDSC_0228.jpgDSC_0223.jpgDSC_0224.jpg

Ok that's better. Still wish that mouth was closed but oh well. Think when i get mine i will got for the vested look and have him fighting my RotJ Fett, till i get vader and palpatine. Then it will be death start throne room setup.

Yea cant wait till i get my shipping notice. I think the haters will give up on the head sculpt being awful. Looks better than the bespin one. And in some shots looks downright perfect.

Yea cant wait till i get my shipping notice. I think the haters will give up on the head sculpt being awful. Looks better than the bespin one. And in some shots looks downright perfect.

Yeah, this definitely looks better than the reg Luke Bespin head (personally not a huge fan of that sculpt though) but I think the HT battle damaged Bespin sculpt might still feel like its a bit more Luke, but this new Jedi sculpt is pretty close and may win out in-hand. This new one is also much more varied display-wise - the BD Bespin head is really scene-specific.

Hey folks, just got my Luke. Honestly, it's incredible in hand. The sculpt is perfect. I haven't messed around with the costume or tried many poses, but here are some quick pics.

Nice pics. How does yours look with the vest removed?

Looks great unless you want the Death Star look.
With all the clothing intact specially with the robe, it looks great.

Without the vest, it's still poofy.
Sucks cause I'm tempted to order, but I want to be able to do the Death Star look.

May have to wait to see if SS can pull the surprise and dethrone HT.
And use the Ht headsculpt.

Hey folks, just got my Luke. Honestly, it's incredible in hand. The sculpt is perfect. I haven't messed around with the costume or tried many poses, but here are some quick pics.

Fantastic pics RebelSpy! :clap :rock I think he looks great! :) Can't wait to get him in-hand! :impatient:

am I insane for ordering two of these? Hear me out...this Luke was always my Luke. My introduction to this world was ROTJ and everything about him....the outfits, the black glove, the thin necked green saber...was what I fell in love with as a kid.

It probably does seem a bit insane, but I have a Death Star diorama with Vader and Emperor (he's on pre-order) waiting for the DS look Luke. But to me, he actually looks different enough with the vest, belt with saber hanging, bare or battle damaged hand and Jedi robe to merit an individual display for that look also. I just couldn't make up my mind how I wanted him posed, so I caved in. Ah well, I guess we only live once. I'm banking the endor look won't be released for some time, so I can start saving again.

am I insane for ordering two of these? Hear me out...this Luke was always my Luke. My introduction to this world was ROTJ and everything about him....the outfits, the black glove, the thin necked green saber...was what I fell in love with as a kid.

It probably does seem a bit insane, but I have a Death Star diorama with Vader and Emperor (he's on pre-order) waiting for the DS look Luke. But to me, he actually looks different enough with the vest, belt with saber hanging, bare or battle damaged hand and Jedi robe to merit an individual display for that look also. I just couldn't make up my mind how I wanted him posed, so I caved in. Ah well, I guess we only live once. I'm banking the endor look won't be released for some time, so I can start saving again.

Haha I’m in the same boat! I ordered two also. ROTJ 12” Luke from Hasbro with glow in the dark lightsaber was my first 1/6 scale figure and I have been waiting for the HT version patiently lol.

Nope not insane if you want to display them differently or even that you just want to leave one in the box .. I would get multiples myself if I didn’t have so many things coming

In short, this will be the version of Luke I love collecting. In the past it’s always been Jedi Luke that I got in a collectible, even got that god awful SSC first version of Jedi Luke with the wonky body and degrading hs . now finally I can say between this and the new SSC version upcoming I finally found my 12” Jedi Luke to own.

Yeah I know people say I won’t use the light up function too much, bla, bla, bla but I’m absolutely ready to take pics of both the slash effect and regular saber ignited in a dynamic pose and that’s one feature that will always top the new SSC version no matter how good it is IMO :clap

Last edited:
Thank you guys... seriously. Had the first 2 responses called me an idiot, lol...I wouldn't have cancelled my order but probably would have felt a bit stupid ordering two. it's refreshing to read a few others are having the same dilemma I am with picking how to display. There are just too many looks I like on this one to pick only one. The DS showdown was obvious for me based on my figures and display I have, but I'm really digging the whole jabbas palace look just as much.

Some people would say we are insane for collecting Hot Toys figures at all, so if you want two and can afford it- go for it. But I think I will wait for the Endor one for a "second" one. I am hoping it will come with some sort of a hair piece too, and if it does it could easily be a throne room Luke too (if not a parted out head sculpt or hair piece may be required).

Basically the two Jedi Luke's releases have the potential of being a Jedi throne room Luke with optional Jabba's Palace accessories, or Endor accessories; and with two different sculpts with different expressions. If I am getting two, I think those two with the option of displaying up to three different looks between them make's the most senses for me.

Back