Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not too bothered about HT doing this and an Endor Luke. Yes it's a bit of a cash grab, but it could have been worse. If they really wanted to screw with us they would have given us an ungloved LED hand with this figure and a gloved LED hand with the Endor version!!

I'm not upset about it because honestly, if I were HT, I would have done the same thing. It would have been an imprudent business decision to leave money on the table.

I'm not too bothered about HT doing this and an Endor Luke. Yes it's a bit of a cash grab, but it could have been worse. If they really wanted to screw with us they would have given us an ungloved LED hand with this figure and a gloved LED hand with the Endor version!!

Actually, I would have loved that. I would love to have the classic pose of him on the sail barge with a lit up saber. I was actually hoping for 2 LED arms, one with glove and one without. But if they split that up between two different version of Lukes, I would have happily bought the regular edition and the Endor version and treat it as a more expensive DX.

damn this looks awesome, really can't wait to get this. Need to figure out a way to have the lightsaber hooked onto the vest.

Every SDCC photo of this makes the sculpt look much better. Still, find it hard to believe I won't try to get the hair onto a DX07 head.

I also think the boots need work. They look like wellies.

Wow, and with this, my HT Star wars collection will be complete....unless they ever make a prequel obi wan.

These SdCc pics have evaporated most of the critisisms I had with the sculpt......on 1/6 scale they are really to small to notice....

Needs a longer tunic still, and those boots.

Something odd about the body too.....like its Reys body under there....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"I've seen some ****, but look at the size of that big fat slug !!! "

3ea9c3a573b6f11e11ac630c3fdfe643.jpg

O.k. Hot Toys, how much do you charge for all this (2xLuke, 2xLeia, Boba Holiday, Death Star Trooper, Anakin, Grand Moff, Desert Mythos Obi Wan??? Are 5k enough for the moment??? Or do I have to sell my house and live under a bridge with my figures?

Geeze, they really couldn't just add the extra head and poncho from Endor Luke and make it a deluxe set? Ugh, I'm getting this, I'll probably pass on Endor Luke or buy the head and poncho on a part out or something. I've been waiting for HT to make this version since ESB Luke came out.

O.k. Hot Toys, how much do you charge for all this (2xLuke, 2xLeia, Boba Holiday, Death Star Trooper, Anakin, Grand Moff, Desert Mythos Obi Wan??? Are 5k enough for the moment??? Or do I have to sell my house and live under a bridge with my figures?
Priorities first. Then budget yourself and just get what you truly want.

A lot of people grab figures, only to sell them in a few years. I've sold two figures in the ten or more years I started 1/6 collecting. Although, I'm about to have to pass down three in order to make room for better things. xD

Priorities first. Then budget yourself and just get what you truly want.

A lot of people grab figures, only to sell them in a few years. I've sold two figures in the ten or more years I started 1/6 collecting. Although, I'm about to have to pass down three in order to make room for better things. xD

Absolutely true !!! But which figure of all these shall I pass on?

Something to consider for those who say they wished this included the Endor gear as opposed to making a separate figure: would the point of it be to simply have the option of occasionally changing the look of him? For instance, if you changed the look of this figure to the Endor gear (which to me is a totally different look than both his Jedi and DS look and could see including those two looks in one release, as this does), that would mean the only RotJ Luke figure you'd have on display is Endor Luke. And if that's the case where you want the Endor Luke to serve as your RotJ representation, then just buy the Endor figure.

The point is if this included the Endor gear, you'd have to buy a new body and sculpt anyway if you wanted to have Luke in his DS or Jedi look and also in his Endor gear.

Back