Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamill looks like a completely different person in each movie iv-vi. I don't know how much of this was due to his car accident or just ageing, but I think it makes it that much harder to get a likeness on a figure everyone agrees is right.

Yeah he has a very unusual face that is just hard to pin down and looks different from every angle.

What I do love about this sculpt though is they still managed to retain his youthful appearance in that movie, whereas a lot of custom sculpts and statues in the past have made him look a bit too old and haggard because of the scarring and what not.

Its the mouth that throws it off for me......

Bad choice on the open teeth showing thing......

Maybe it won't be as bad like Rey......when looking at regular scale it was barely noticeable.

Rey just didn't look that much like Daisy either. That was more the issue than the teeth (though the initial mouthguard version wasn't great).

It looks like from the picture posted by Secret Base that the robe is the same material as the EpIV Obi Wan robe. I'm cool with that type of fabric but others might be grumpy haha

So what are the odds we get a slave leia? Heard cuz disney has star wars there staying away from that. But they have that small statue of slave leia for sell on sideshow.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Yeah he has a very unusual face that is just hard to pin down and looks different from every angle.

What I do love about this sculpt though is they still managed to retain his youthful appearance in that movie, whereas a lot of custom sculpts and statues in the past have made him look a bit too old and haggard because of the scarring and what not.

Yea, I agree

5f2ed0d9b3a96f12202b6b03ade4274c.jpg

To show just how far we've come in a few short years.

This is definitely a figure I would buy multiples of so if HT came out with another one or an exclusive toy fair type version I would be on board with that as well.

Can never have enough Lukes.

If not for the price tag, I'd get 2 of these, I'd love to have this level of Jedi Luke mixed into my Jabba display, right now all I have is the old '97 Hasbro, but, Luke is also integral to a Vader-Emperor-Luke duel display, and where Jabba has enough other things around him to pop, Luke will be kept to dueling Vader.

I'm hoping they DON'T use the same material as their obi wan cloak. It's too thin for the hooded look to properly drape over the head.
Do you have that figure? Im curious how others have been futzing with their obi wan hood draped over his head. It's such a pain.
Maybe I'm being too overly critical and sometimes the final product differs from the prototype pictures. Time to start the countdown clock until this figure is released [emoji935]

286d4f1139bd92201a124f36242e47e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Obi-Wan figure, yes.

Unable to post pictures at the moment, but I didn't really have too many issues futzing the hood to look decent. You just have to try and flare out the bottom corners of it to try and acheive this look (exact pose I have mine in):

image.jpeg

They may choose to go with another material on the cloak for this Luke figure, but my initial guess would be imagining that it'll feel similar to the Obi-Wan cloak.

I'm pretty sure Luke's hood will be wired, don't see why not, I think HT opted for a tattered look to Obi-Wan's over a seam sealing in a wire.

I have the Obi-Wan figure, yes.

Unable to post pictures at the moment, but I didn't really have too many issues futzing the hood to look decent. You just have to try and flare out the bottom corners of it to try and acheive this look (exact pose I have mine in):

View attachment 352796

They may choose to go with another material on the cloak for this Luke figure, but my initial guess would be imagining that it'll feel similar to the Obi-Wan cloak.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely try that out. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't worry hot toys won't let us down. They will do their traditional sculpt softing before it's released to ensure it looks like a distance relative of his.

Back