Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just basing it off of this image of the fixed lightsaber arm. I would just think that they'd make it so the permanently fixed gloved hand would be up higher.
View attachment 352811

As we've already dissected that the photos are playing some tricks, the position of the hand relative to the hilt in this photo are not cast in stone, nothing says that's an actual wired, finished saber arm and not just a regular arm and hilt propped in place for a photo to just show off what's in the box.

It's just not movie accurate. The wiring should be the same if the hand attached higher up the weapon. I already preordered this but just imagining my double-handed lit saber poses with hands in the wrong position.

As we've already dissected that the photos are playing some tricks, the position of the hand relative to the hilt in this photo are not cast in stone, nothing says that's an actual wired, finished saber arm and not just a regular arm and hilt propped in place for a photo to just show off what's in the box.

Agreed

The good news is, the glove is basic enough, even if HT failed to inlcude a saber grip gloved hand, you can probably find one on eBay from some military figure, even the DX10 gloved hand could work but may be harder to come by.

Okay I just noticed something, in addition to the LED gripping arm with the black glove, there appears to be another (2nd) sculpted glove hand seen here:

attachment.php

This hand is on top of the hilt which means its not attached. However they don't show this hand in the accessories. Only the fist.

PD1499945682OW5.jpg

But if you look at the figure itself, his glove hand is above the hilt. :lecture So maybe they thought they didn't have to show it twice since its on the figure in the image already

Also on a side note Mark Hamill IS left handed:

gettyimages-501614568.jpg

and we've even come further from this...
View attachment 352801

Not only in sculpt but in price.....

true - the question is, has it gone up proportionately?

That SSC Luke was my first purchase from Sideshow. I have three :lol One for the DSII display, one for Jabba's display that came in handy when SSC eventually did Jabba's set up and one for my desk at work. At $50 a pop it was doable. I'll have one HT Luke because I can't swing $500 plus tax and shipping to have multiple displays :lol

I didn't really want to jump into Star Wars Hot Toy's as I've seen some people say it can be a deep abyss. But I love this Luke look so I'm going to have to get this!

I'm actually a little surprised HT didn't do an alternate deluxe edition with an Endor poncho/helmet and fancy base.

That's what I would of wanted. Though perhaps having an alternative helmeted head, or removable hair to swap with helmet and hair just wasn't worth it to them as a deluxe.

My guess is that HT deemed the Endor gear not worthwhile without a speedbike and will reserve it for a future speederbike release.

I didn't really want to jump into Star Wars Hot Toy's as I've seen some people say it can be a deep abyss. But I love this Luke look so I'm going to have to get this!

Not counting pre-orders, I have 12 SW figures so far (compared to 17 marvel 4 DC and 3 other), and I only collect "classic" Star Wars, and I haven't even gotten all of what would qualifies as "classic". But, if there ever was a time to just get one Star Wars figure and leave it at that, Jedi Luke would be it. Go for it! It doesn't have to lead to more. One lone figure like Jedi Luke can look great in a collection. It's not the first one that gets you, just don't buy a second one or you are cooked.

I don't understand why the likeness on this Luke is very good yet 'a new hope' Luke is so far off. Is this something to do with the rights to use Mark Hamill's likeness?

I noticed the other day that when I removed the hair piece from the HT Luke, all of the sudden the likeness just popped out at me. I think it has something to do with the hair being pretty large and domed. But the likeness is there, just hidden a bit.

Where as with this figure, so far everything seems to have really come together... just hope the production looks as good.

Definitely true, I just think that's what is likely going on in these pics. Hopefully they realize this and include a regular gloved gripping hand.

I'm guessing they will, I just can't imagine them not including a gloved saber gripping hand and would require you to have to put the light up saber arm in if you want to have him holding the saber with two hands (one gloved and one regular).

Although, are we certain that gloved hand isn't already a saber gripping hand and not necessarily a full fist? In this picture, it looks like it's not a full fist and if it is a saber gripping hand, it does look a bit tight:

image.jpg

Back