Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I only tried to get the SS Luke open grip gloved hand for the lightsaber, like I'm sure most have. Was gone super quick. Had it in my cart, but couldn't complete my check out before it was gone.. :(

I know someone posted on here the SS hands fit fine on the HT without any mods, but are the hands the same size, or are the SS hands a bit larger and oversized compared to the HT? The HT Luke has pretty small hands compared to some others. I did buy from TA a right grip hand from the HT Royal Guard. I figured I'd maybe try painting it black. It looks great as a gloved hand for Luke, but is a bit oversized and larger than the hands included with the HT Luke when compared to his gloved fist and the hand on the light up lightsaber arm. I guess since the HT Royal Guard is on a larger body, the hands are larger. Was worth a shot for $2.

i did manage to get one of those SS gloved lightsaber gripping hands for TA. as i`m working on a custom Endor version to go along with my custom leia from the same planet. i scored two of the SS deluxe luke Endor sculpts which was supposed to be one Endor and one Regular and TA sent me two Endor sculpt`s. so naturally i used one of the heads to use on my HT Bespin luke and the helmet for leia.

i did manage to get one of those SS gloved lightsaber gripping hands for TA. as i`m working on a custom Endor version to go along with my custom leia from the same planet. i scored two of the SS deluxe luke Endor sculpts which was supposed to be one Endor and one Regular and TA sent me two Endor sculpt`s. so naturally i used one of the heads to use on my HT Bespin luke and the helmet for leia.

I also managed to get one from TA. The sideshow luke hands use a different, slightly larger wrist joint so it does require some "blue tac-ing" to get it to fit on a Hot Toys wrist joint.

I just scored a open grip gloved hand from TA. Im excited to try it out on my HT Luke.

yep me to. i also got the top part of the suit as well i`m looking forward to putting it on my custom luke. got the belt as well. so when all is said and done i will have two luke`s on Endor and regular.

d8bb7c610fd92d885bcbf81e7c8790a2.jpg

So did anybody ever try this figure with the main SS outfit? I know that was something everyone was wanting to do, but I don't think I've actually seen that yet...

Well, I'm looking for a thin body for a custom figure and was looking at possibly getting the Sideshow Luke body and was comparing it to the slim TT that this comes with and for the most part, the bodies seem identical in size and all so any pics of the HT head on the Sideshow body should give you an idea of how the jumpsuit would fit the HT body, minus the fatsuit.

That's a very impressive portrait, the eyes really stand out, an area where a proper paint job would really make the HT head look more accurate.

From a certain angle, Mendelssohn looks a bit like Mark. I think that’s it.

It’s the eyes what makes that sculpt great. It seems HT can’t nail Mark’s big, bright eyes. They either do some Kirsten Bell’s eyes like the Tatooine Luke or somewhat dimmed eyes like ROTJ Luke.

It's true but one thing I've noticed in the past maybe 3 years or so is that it's very rare that a custom painted sculpt doesn't feel more like a very nice oil painting of someone vs HT's heads which look like a shrunken down version of a living person (like Tarkin.)

You beat me to it. I think it is in the sad eyes and light colored hair.

Also a bit of Mendelson's weak jawline and pinched mouth in there too.

Back