Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open mouth look too.....

0865994c966c08822aa65cce34589c95.jpg

You won the Internet today .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the sculpt hair looks too thick as well, as Hammil had fine hair. I've already cancelled this once, maybe I'll just wait for in hand pics.

Just cover the hair with his cloak ;) I had to get this; green saber with episode V Vader will look good. He's sold out on BBTS so might be a sign of it selling out fairly soon...

I broke the pre order rule for him, If he comes out worse than the proto by a lot I suppose I can cancel then or sell.

Interesting. I guess we're now at that stage where the sculpt is just "meh" after the majority of people thinking that the sculpt looked great when this was first revealed and went up for PO. :lol

We're heading towards the realm of it's not good enough because it doesn't exactly replicate a human head. I understand that the hair doesn't capture the qualities of Hammil's in the movie, but, I also accept that. No matter how lifelike these things get, at the end of the day they're still figures, most HT figures fall short of totally nailing the look of hair because it's sculpted and a toy, there are limits, no matter how much a company may push what those limits are.

In the realm of being a figure head, I think they've done a really nice job with Luke here and probably the best representation of his portrait from ROTJ of any company.

Regarding the mouth open, I think they perfectly captured the look he carried through the movie, it's like a "my nose is stuffed and I have to breath out of my mouth all the time" look. That's what I think of watching him in the movie, it's like he couldn't breath if he didn't do that, maybe that's the case, who knows what the accident did to him, we know it changed the shape and overall look of his face from ANH to Empire, I don't recall the mouth open look a lot in ANH.

We're heading towards the realm of it's not good enough because it doesn't exactly replicate a human head. I understand that the hair doesn't capture the qualities of Hammil's in the movie, but, I also accept that. No matter how lifelike these things get, at the end of the day they're still figures, most HT figures fall short of totally nailing the look of hair because it's sculpted and a toy, there are limits, no matter how much a company may push what those limits are.

In the realm of being a figure head, I think they've done a really nice job with Luke here and probably the best representation of his portrait from ROTJ of any company.

Regarding the mouth open, I think they perfectly captured the look he carried through the movie, it's like a "my nose is stuffed and I have to breath out of my mouth all the time" look. That's what I think of watching him in the movie, it's like he couldn't breath if he didn't do that, maybe that's the case, who knows what the accident did to him, we know it changed the shape and overall look of his face from ANH to Empire, I don't recall the mouth open look a lot in ANH.

:exactly:

What? I thought this was a The Mummy Figure of Tom??

In all actuality this figure is a must have for the collection ....unless they really screw it up.

Right now with the right lighting , I think it’s a solid 7.5 /10

I just wished HT took more time on these big releases for a dead on sculpt....

At least it’s not Emperor bad....(4/10)

Yeah with that current Emperor sculpt, this looks like it'll likely be the only figure from RotJ I'll be getting.

Did the sculpt change ? I’m lost. The proto looks awesome- don’t mess with it.

Maybe it's just my expectations being lowered by less-than-stellar Luke sculpts in the past, but I think this one is a really good representation of ROTJ Hamill. Outside of wishing the bangs had been lifted slightly higher off the eyebrows, I think it's a winner. The facial features and expression seem like a damn good match to me. I just regret that it looks like two Luke heads could fit in that Vader helmet, but that's another story.

ROTJ Luke Vader.jpg

I have always been “Luke” warm about the sculpt from the beginning.....

Yeah , I went there.....

I love the photo PROTO. I hope we don't get the ANH ordeal. Remember how awesome the sculpt was originally- like on the box art in particular?- then BAM...you know the rest.

Nope, it's still the exact same sculpt the majority of people praised when the figure was first revealed. :lol

Yeah, I'm good with this and I like the slightly opened mouth,

Gonna look great for one of my poses, having him removed/holding the Vader helmet to see his father, in my case, the SSC EX Deluxe Vader. The craftsmanship with that helmet is quite good. I may even keep it when the HT ROTJ Vader comes out.

Back