Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense. You can’t rush glue, but the anticipation is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a8fe2a8126634621710c9090f4acafe9.heic

It's on , but have adjust it .
He kinda looks top heavy

35b7623580d3cdc672cb64853eaf4d2f.heic

The Endor one will for sure include all the various gloved hand positions. At that point in the film, all he had was a gloved right hand. The expression on that sculpt I also think is more ideal for a DSII display.

Here's my guess as to the stuff that each figure will have that the other won't, and what both will have:

Jedi Luke
- Jedi tunic
- Cloak
- Non-gloved hand set
- Relaxed gritted teeth sculpt

Endor Luke
- Endor outfit
- Gloved hand set
- Angry gritted teeth sculpt

Stuff I think will be included in both
- LED gloved saber arm
- DSII outfit
- Handcuffs (not sure what other accessory Endor Luke would include and also since you have the DSII outfit option)
- Same style hair piece
- Saber hilt
- Regular saber blade and swoosh effect blade

Why say upcoming accessories instead of not saying anything and just releasing the Endor figure? Or are they going to do both?

The Endor one will for sure include all the various gloved hand positions. At that point in the film, all he had was a gloved right hand. The expression on that sculpt I also think is more ideal for a DSII display.

Here's my guess as to the stuff that each figure will have that the other won't, and what both will have:

Jedi Luke
- Jedi tunic
- Cloak
- Non-gloved right hand full set
- Relaxed gritted teeth sculpt
- Jabba's Palace and sand display base inserts

Endor Luke
- Endor outfit
- Gloved right hand full set
- Angry gritted teeth sculpt
- Endor display base insert (similar to Endor Leia's)

Stuff I think will be included in both
- LED gloved saber arm
- DSII outfit
- Handcuffs (not sure what other accessory Endor Luke would include and also since you have the DSII outfit option)
- Same style hair piece
- Saber hilt
- Regular saber blade and swoosh effect blade
- DSII display base attachment
I'd add the wind swept hair piece to the Endor Luke. Instead of the regular that came with Jedi Luke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why say upcoming accessories instead of not saying anything and just releasing the Endor figure? Or are they going to do both?

Well the instructions, according to the picture you posted, don’t specifically say anything about an actual accessory pack being released. It just says "upcoming accessories". I presume that could mean accessories with an upcoming figure.

Who knows though? Although I'd be inclined to guess the latter than the former.

I'd add the wind swept hair piece to the Endor Luke. Instead of the regular that came with Jedi Luke.

I was actually thinking the same, but knowing HT, they’ll just reuse the same hair piece. Plus, I would think the wind swept hair would have made more sense with this figure, rather than the Endor one.

Man this guy looks soooo much better in person and in hand. To the eye under normal lighting I think the head sculpt looks great. Photo's seem to soften and lighten the sculpt. I really want to put the cloak on, but afraid to due to the staining issue. And I'm too much of a wimp to ever do things to these figures. But may wash it to be on the safe side. My left hand was fine with no staining (I think a few complained about that) as it had plastic wrapped around the wrist. Almost didn't want to take it off. I did leave the plastic around his neck as it's not very noticeable. Also the lightsaber hilt looks incredible. Just looking at it in hand you'd swear it was metal. I left the included stand in the box and used one of the several HT stands I purchased parted out. I like them to look uniform.... :) Just threw him up on the shelf for now in my one SW cabinet. Had to make a little room. Not even a small fraction of all my SW collectibles but all that I have on display for now.

A fantastic piece overall.

Here's a couple quick phone pics I took to send to a friend who's waiting for his from BBTS.

20180626_184352.jpg

20180626_184411.jpg

20180626_185504.jpg

20180626_205234.jpg

20180626_205303.jpg

Edit **** Still don't know why they're sideways... Look right on my phone and on my laptop... sorry :(

I got my Luke today.
Awesome figure, the head sculpt, paint, and costume are great!
Though the accessories are poor. Only gloved fists and no alternative hair display options (because it's easy enough for them to do).
Then there's the light up saber, I cannot get the alternative arm through the sleeve without the stitches about ready to bust. The forearm on the light up saber arm is larger than the regular arm because the regular arm goes through the sleeve with no hassle.
Lastly that motion blur saber is ridiculously heavy. I'm afraid to use it in a display long term for fear of the hilt breaking, especially if the hand swivels around at the wrist and hits the floor hard enough to damage the saber. Nice looking effect though.
Luke's padded under suit isn't much of an issue in hand, it could be less padded in the stomach but it's a minor issue.

Also, I can see staining being an issue so I'm glad HT addressed this by covering the inside of the collar with something because the reg. arm is discolored from the sleeve material, you never see it when it's in the suit but that shows the issue is there.

I'm not sure contacting SSC about being unable to switch arms is worth the hassle of getting a replacement,. I wouldn't display the figure with the saber lit, but I'm incapable of displaying Luke holding the lightsaber wearing the glove since they didn't include more hand options.

S3tH7Qq.jpg

a8Ct4X7.jpg

“I’ll never turn to the dark side”.

Nice pose!

I was contemplating doing this pose at one time. Still think it’d be pretty cool:

7ECB7987-EEA6-4273-AE0B-9FB925A1EFAB.jpeg
ECA7CF5F-E86C-46F0-BEFF-83A2729BF328.jpeg

Man this guy looks soooo much better in person and in hand. To the eye under normal lighting I think the head sculpt looks great. Photo's seem to soften and lighten the sculpt. I really want to put the cloak on, but afraid to due to the staining issue. And I'm too much of a wimp to ever do things to these figures. But may wash it to be on the safe side. My left hand was fine with no staining (I think a few complained about that) as it had plastic wrapped around the wrist. Almost didn't want to take it off. I did leave the plastic around his neck as it's not very noticeable. Also the lightsaber hilt looks incredible. Just looking at it in hand you'd swear it was metal. I left the included stand in the box and used one of the several HT stands I purchased parted out. I like them to look uniform.... :) Just threw him up on the shelf for now in my one SW cabinet. Had to make a little room. Not even a small fraction of all my SW collectibles but all that I have on display for now.

A fantastic piece overall.

Here's a couple quick phone pics I took to send to a friend who's waiting for his from BBTS.

View attachment 415060

View attachment 415061

View attachment 415062

View attachment 415063

View attachment 415064

Edit **** Still don't know why they're sideways... Look right on my phone and on my laptop... sorry :(

Very cool!

Though you’ll eventually take out the neck wrap. I initially left mine in, but realized it was making him look more like a priest. Guyver mentioned there is a protective lining inside of the collar itself.

So has anybody posted a how-to for removing the fat suit? I know there’s a ton of posts regarding it but this thread moves pretty damn quick. I’ve never really messed with modding or the tailoring on these figures before so I’m a bit timid.

It’s been awhile since I looked at that Endor figure. That face sculp really looks like the sail barge still with the classic windswept hair look. That’d be cool if that came to fruition as an accessory and not a whole figure.

New neck mod 2nd attempt. You can find these parts on Ebay. As you can see my collar doesn't touch his jaw bone.
c31a7edae9e6920ad362acfca30e9d36.heic
58a53c68d4b11eb8035c076197c0ab06.heic
dacf693a6720d2551462039f004dcc1b.heic
6a4cb77ea0979d8ffd37078855a53c55.heic

060e2fac9cb7eb1b33a848f022fb4021.heic

Great figure, but I wish they had given this figure the same treatment with dx bespin. 2 nd head sculpt and body as there are just to many iconic poses for this version

Well the instructions, according to the picture you posted, don’t specifically say anything about an actual accessory pack being released. It just says "upcoming accessories". I presume that could mean accessories with an upcoming figure.

Who knows though? Although I'd be inclined to guess the latter than the former.

I was actually thinking the same, but knowing HT, they’ll just reuse the same hair piece. Plus, I would think the wind swept hair would have made more sense with this figure, rather than the Endor one.
It would have, but they'll do it to entice collectors to double dip. The headsculpt on the Endor version even has that expression from the sail barge.20180624_183700.jpeg

3117e6b93546aae039b600c10c7521a2.heic
2bdac2915bc20f39ba2c9d97419c478b.heic
a3d66f86be61adab611fbac29f87294e.heic

Quick phone pics. This figure is a dream come true. Come along way since Kenner’s Jedi Luke but I still love that figure. I was 7 and as long as he was under the tree that year I didn’t need anything else.

Got amazing figures for all my childhood idols now:

Adam West Batman and Robin
Christopher Reeve Superman
1989 Batman

and now Jedi Luke...Thanks Hot Toys!!

Ok
A few thoughts on Luke (2 arrived today).
I love the sculpt, no issues.
The lack of more black glove hands stinks
Boooooo hot toys
The fat suit is annoying and he does look puffy
Especially the Death Star look
I have him holding the saber across his body to cut down on the waistline

Not sure how I will pose him for Jabba
Maybe robe on with the hood down?
Then maybe I don’t need to rinse out the dye?

The fat suit and the gloves are the real problems
Everything else is awesome
I like the figure a lot, probably the right up there with the dx07
I may wait for a fat suit tutorial and slim him down
I’m going to go stare at my Luke’s now for about 14 hours straight and futz with the poses
Now, bring on Endor Luke (and my beloved Death Star trooper).

I think I'm gonna try that fat suit tutorial but 8nstead of using duct tape I'm gonna try to permanently affix the upper and lower portion to the body via some strategically placed glue. That is, I will do that if the fatsuit proportions bother me once in hand.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Definitely post pics when you do it. I need a good amount of time for it, which I won’t have for another few weeks.

Back