Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be the very first time I see HT put out an accessory pack.
As you say, let's wait and see.
m.

The instruction of Jedi Luke seems to indicate a possible accessories pack later, not a completely "new" figure.
We'll have to wait and find that out.

I Think HT did drop the ball on certain aspects of the figure. DX version was Home run. They should have stuck to that formula. If you going to make a figure like this it should be with all his gear. As someone previous said Companies will try to pump more money off you . In this case I see SS version is more deluxe version. I wonder why did the release it the after HT announce there’s ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Think HT did drop the ball on certain aspects of the figure. DX version was Home run. They should have stuck to that formula. If you going to make a figure like this it should be with all his gear. As someone previous said Companies will try to pump more money off you . In this case I see SS version is more deluxe version. I wonder why did the release it the after HT announce there’s ?

Competition plain and simple ..SSC probably planned a new Jedi Luke for awhile, but I think they wanted to see what HT came up with first, then they can say “ Our version gives you more “

As crazy as it sounds, I am torn on a new figure vs an accessory pack for Endor Luke. For the wallet, my brain screams accessory pack.

For display, I almost want another figure simply because this version of Luke already had 3 awesome looks to choose from (Robe Jabba's Palace, Jedi Vest/belt, and Death Star battle) that having to pick one outfit between 4 looks to display would be a waste of the three other outfits.

I know, first world problems :)
I've just waited so long for this Luke...MY Luke, it's a tough call.

I hate to say it, but I would buy an Endor Luke to go with my 2 Luke’s I have ordered. Endor Luke and leia will look great with my two Death Star troopers. Wait a minute...

As crazy as it sounds, I am torn on a new figure vs an accessory pack for Endor Luke. For the wallet, my brain screams accessory pack.

For display, I almost want another figure simply because this version of Luke already had 3 awesome looks to choose from (Robe Jabba's Palace, Jedi Vest/belt, and Death Star battle) that having to pick one outfit between 4 looks to display would be a waste of the three other outfits.

These are my sentiments as well, and I've stated this before.

If you have four different outfits for one figure, it just about comes to a point where you say pick one already. Is anyone realistically going to be switching constantly between four outfits? When you start getting that many outfits for one figure, I think having a separate figure is more prudent. For myself, I'm not even likely going to be using the cloak, so I can't imagine having all the spare Endor gear as well. For those who know the Endor gear is the main look that you want, get the Endor/DS combination. For those who know you don't want the Endor gear, get the Tunic/DS combination.

If you have four different outfits for one figure, it just about comes to a point where you say pick one already. Is anyone realistically going to be switching constantly between four outfits? When you start getting that many outfits for one figure, I think having a separate figure is more prudent. For myself, I'm not even likely going to be using the cloak, so I can't imagine having all the spare Endor gear as well. For those who know the Endor gear is the main look that you want, get the Endor/DS combination. For those who know you don't want the Endor gear, get the Tunic/DS combination.

My go to is definitely the tunic without belt look..something about the material HT used with the color ( and this is comparing it with the SSC and medicom tunic) is just perfect for this figure alone IMO but when I pose him with Vader, I like DS look as well

They did an Iron Man accessory set.

902240-iron-man-workshop-accessories-002.jpg

But I think there will be a full Endor figure with the option to swap hair, sculpt and helmet between figures.

That Iron Man accessory set was not an obstacle to buy more figures. Quite the contrary, it pushed you to buy the corresponding Tony Stark. That's classic HT.
But what we are discussing here is an accessory that would keep people from buying their own figures. No good...
I can't see it happening. It would be an interesting first though.

Should HT have gone the DX way with Luke, just as they did with Bespin Luke, we had received an awesome set with 2 figures, and SSC would not have released their Jedi Luke.

I hate to say it, but I would buy an Endor Luke to go with my 2 Luke’s I have ordered. Endor Luke and leia will look great with my two Death Star troopers. Wait a minute...

I'm pretty much right there with you. I have two Lukes ordered. I plan on using one with Vader and my pre-order Emperor along with my death star diorama. The second Luke I'm sort of combining, I'd like to do the robe, vest, belt with saber hanging, and battle damaged hand holding the skiff blaster (love that prop!) And just use that more as a display only piece, no real pose or purpose, just all his cool options on him.

So with all that said, I do have a scout trooper and speeder bike already, so I'd love an Endor Luke to pose getting ready to slice the front of the oncoming speeder bike.

It’s bad enough I have to dress myself everyday and my kid. And we only have three outfits between us. I’d rather reroute the grocery money to a second third and forth complete figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much right there with you. I have two Lukes ordered. I plan on using one with Vader and my pre-order Emperor along with my death star diorama. The second Luke I'm sort of combining, I'd like to do the robe, vest, belt with saber hanging, and battle damaged hand holding the skiff blaster (love that prop!) And just use that more as a display only piece, no real pose or purpose, just all his cool options on him.

So with all that said, I do have a scout trooper and speeder bike already, so I'd love an Endor Luke to pose getting ready to slice the front of the oncoming speeder bike.

Yeah the skiff blaster is cool to pose as well

It’s bad enough I have to dress myself everyday and my kid. And we only have three outfits between us. I’d rather reroute the grocery money to a second third and forth complete figure.

I can’t really tell if you’re making a sardonic case for why the figure should include all outfits. If so, I can understand your perspective. The more the figure comes with, the more birds you kill with one stone per se, and the more money you save.

I just think of it this way though: imagine for instance if say the DX07 included only one figure/body with one sculpt (given how HT usually is these days), yet included the clean Bespin outfit, BD Bespin outfit, Hoth outfit, and snowspeeder outfit, but only one figure as mentioned. Many of those looks are looks people would want on display in and of themselves in addition to one or a couple of the other looks. So you’d end up having to purchase a separate body anyway and another duplicate sculpt in order to do so. Too many outfits with only one figure sort of becomes a too many cooks in the kitchen scenario to me.

In the case with the RotJ Lukes, you already have two ready made figures with two different sculpts, if you want to have another figure on display with another iconic outfit from the film.

Presuming the Endor one ever goes up for PO, that is.

I can’t really tell if you’re making a sardonic case for why the figure should include all outfits. If so, I can understand your perspective. The more the figure comes with, the more birds you kill with one stone per se, and the more money you save.

I just think of it this way though: imagine for instance if say the DX07 included only one figure/body with one sculpt (given how HT usually is these days), yet included the clean Bespin outfit, BD Bespin outfit, Hoth outfit, and snowspeeder outfit, but only one figure as mentioned. Many of those looks are looks people would want on display in and of themselves, in addition to one of the other looks. So you’d end up having to purchase a separate body anyway and another duplicate sculpt in order to do so. Too many outfits with only one figure sort of becomes a too many cooks in the kitchen scenario to me.

In the case with the RotJ Lukes, you already have two ready made figures with two different sculpts, if you want to have another figure on display with another iconic outfit from the film.

Sardonic may be a little harsh to describe my intent. I was making a tongue in cheek complaint about having to take on mundane actions reserved mostly for caring for one’s self and children and redirecting that energy to regularly scheduled dressings of my Luke doll.

I’d prefer more than one figure if budget can support it. Sorry for the confusion.

Sardonic may be a little harsh to describe my intent. I was making a tongue in cheek complaint about having to take on mundane actions reserved mostly for caring for one’s self and children and redirecting that energy to regularly scheduled dressings of my Luke doll.

I’d prefer more than one figure if budget can support it. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah ok, I gotcha now. Sorry for the confusion as well. :duff

I just think of it this way though: imagine for instance if say the DX07 included only one figure/body with one sculpt (given how HT usually is these days), yet included the clean Bespin outfit, BD Bespin outfit, Hoth outfit, and snowspeeder outfit, but only one figure as mentioned. Many of those looks are looks people would want on display in and of themselves in addition to one or a couple of the other looks. So you’d end up having to purchase a separate body anyway and another duplicate sculpt in order to do so. Too many outfits with only one figure sort of becomes a too many cooks in the kitchen scenario to me.

Presuming the Endor one ever goes up for PO, that is.

We’ve already disagreed on this in the past but those aren’t apt comparisons. A better comparison would maybe be x-wing Luke to snowspeeder Luke where you have the same base but overcoat, different boots/gloves, and whether that should be one figure.

But the ROTJ Luke options are just layers on top of a base figure — the DSII look. No pant changing or shirt changing involved, etc. We’re talking about just adding the poncho or adding the tunic. If anything, the Jabba look with the cloak is the most layers being added.

But ... when all is said and done, since they are presumably adding the second headsculpt, I think the two figure route is better for collectors. If they drop that sculpt and just rerelease this sculpt with the Endor gear (or just the Endor gear as an accessory pack alone with no new head, which I doubt) then they made a mistake.

I actually had that in mind. However, ease of being able to take the outfits on and off wasn’t really the point I was trying to make, as much as it was just the point of having too many different outfits/looks in one package with only one figure, with some of those outfits being ones you’d want to display in and of themselves separately.

I’ve always regretted not having a second set of legs to display both torsos and more importantly both headscultps
of the AOU Hulk - which may or may not be relevant - I’m an educated man but cannot tell in this case.

Back