Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it bad that one of the most appealing things to me on this figure is the green swoosh saber? It just looks so vibrant. And until Endorsement Luke or Qui-gon I can't think of when we might get another one

There’s room to do both glove on top or glove on bottom. But the glove on bottom has more of a grip

Good to know 👍🏽
Really wish he came with more gloved hands..

Is it bad that one of the most appealing things to me on this figure is the green swoosh saber? It just looks so vibrant. And until Endorsement Luke or Qui-gon I can't think of when we might get another one

I dig those swoosh saber effects too but most likely I’ll use it once to check it out then back in the box.

Seriously. I brought that up at the beginning. He’s a lefty and if he’s just holdin the lit saber one handed he’d be right handed. At least it appears theres a bit of room to place his left hand above the right.

Still that is horrible hand position on swords. you get more "lever action" with separation between the hands nm what sword you are talking. Rule of thumb is about a hands distance between the hands in eastern style sword handling, and europe it is pretty much just below the guard and at the butt end of the hilt where your hands go. For 2 handed swords. That is why him gripping it in the middle of the saber handle is so cringe to me lol.

Not to stir up any huge debate, but I think that what Lucas did with Anakin in the prequels, is worse than what Disney did with Luke in TLJ. Turned arguably the greatest cinematic villain into a chump....

I don't mind how either was handled.

There are many who think Anakin should have been dark and dangerous from the get-go, but that's not much of a downfall. I prefer the "sold his soul to the devil" approach.

Not gonna lie, I hope we get a Qui-Gon figure sooner rather than later *hides from Wor-Gar*

I dig those swoosh saber effects too but most likely I’ll use it once to check it out then back in the box.

You say that now haha. It'd look great for a sail barge set up.

Not gonna lie, I hope we get a Qui-Gon figure sooner rather than later *hides from Wor-Gar*

Got room for two in hiding? I'm all for a Qui-gon. A good Liam Neeson sculpt is long overdue, and isolating him as a character, he's a good addition. Especially if you pair him with an inevitable HT Maul.

You say that now haha. It'd look great for a sail barge set up.

Got room for two in hiding? I'm all for a Qui-gon. A good Liam Neeson sculpt is long overdue, and isolating him as a character, he's a good addition. Especially if you pair him with an inevitable HT Maul.

The slash effect is great ..just need a barge setup and jabba goons, etc :lol

clone wars annakin was 500% better than the movies version.

but the prequels problem was the mega cringe dialogue, on top of the nonsense political plots, that even decent actors had a hard time delivering.

TLJ is worse tho because it spit on star wars period. rj does not know how space works, nm how the force works, or what a strong female character looks like if it ran him over, hint elen ripley through 3 films was a believable strong woman that noone questioned because she had a believable arc, even alien 3 which was a very flawed movie treated ripley well. and to a slightly lesser extent sarah conner.

TLJ comes off as feminist power fantasy tumbler fan fiction. Which is why fans despise it.

Thanks buddy.
Looks great.
But what about the moving blade? Does it look ok?
m.

I think the saber is lit brightly..I don't own the ANH luke so I can't compare if that is just as bright

I definitely think it's brighter than Kylo's saber though

I don't know if the crystal flaking pattern is with ANH saber, but IMO I think that's what helps make the color pop out when lit

Thanks man.
Roger that. Will do the fix.
Those splits are of utmost importance to a Jedi!!!
:)
m.

Headsculpt looks great to me shrug.

He looks a tad thick in the torso area, but the cut the fat suit mod sorts that and is easy to do. And probably helps with that torso mobility.

And the leg spits? Well not like luke was jumping around like yoda in the prequels. So is there really any need for hyper dynamic poses? About as dynamic as i could see in a display is vader vs luke and luke trying to hold off vader where his legs are spread wide to take vaders power attack. But you can work around that, and most people are just going to have him basically standing.

Endorsement Luke???

The swoosh is also very important to me. Great Hot Toys innovation. I say bring'em on...

m.

Pre-ordered from Popcultcha. I waited too long on Spidey and missed out. There’s no WAY I’m missing this one.
Keep the pics coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yeah I`m enjoying this figure of luke. I have the old Hasbro 12" poncho on him right now still need to find that kind of belt he was using when he wore the battle poncho still.

fdda6c787c0ac6d93b5b1b30ca68330c.png

Someone is selling this custom on eBay now.I’m so stealing this idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back