Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO do I preorder at SS & get another $11 in rewards but then get a$$ raped with S&H at like $22, or order form BBTS with no NRD and only $4 flat rate S&H which basically is a better deal even without the rewards.... What to do???

My dilemma exactly.

Plus, don't forget, BBTS gets their stock about a month after SS. Then with shipper savings, expect another 4 weeks to sort, pack and ship to you (in my case all the way back to CA).

So the question is: is the savings worth the 6-8 weeks delay in receiving your figure?

$210 for me...

giphy.gif

Wor-Gar said:
I lie. Even with the $20 coupon, with CA tax and $18 "special priced" Sideshow shipping, it will be $244 for me. :(

Life-m2000 was referring to KG's price - which shows as $211 + $31 shipping.

But it's calculated in HK$ when it ships.

But no tax. :)

Yes, because the figure will be in your collection for a very long time. That's how I'm rationalizing it anyway...

My dilemma exactly.

Plus, don't forget, BBTS gets their stock about a month after SS. Then with shipper savings, expect another 4 weeks to sort, pack and ship to you (in my case all the way back to CA).

So the question is: is the savings worth the 6-8 weeks delay in receiving your figure?

I was contemplating the same thing. No tax and you don't get raped on shipping with BBTS.

With the $20 coupon though, I just went with SSC. With shipping, this will be about $245 from SSC and $234 from BBTS, but with a 6-8 delay for BBTS on receiving the figure after SSC receives it and then you receiving it.

Extra $11 to get it once it basically hits the States? F-it, give it to me. :lol

Life-m2000 was referring to KG's price - which shows as $211 + $31 shipping.

But it's calculated in HK$ when it ships.

But no tax. :)

I know. I was waiting for someone to go $209... etc....

After extensive math, I have discovered that I save $1 going thru Sideshow direct rather than buying thru BBTS. Strange I know. It's the RPs in conjunction with the coupon.

Plus, I get the figure next day because I live so close to Sideshow. So there's also that.

My dilemma exactly.

True..... Plus the inevitable HT QC issues that have plagued so many figures. Rather deal with SS direct than a 3rd party who still has to deal with SS....

Maybe I'll use $50 in RP's and save the other $100. Wish I had a $20 coupon....

Very good likeness. Wish the mouth wasn't open, though. I remember Luke being pretty stoic during ROTJ, although I guess he did talk quite a bit. Just seems kind of weird to me, the idea of having a figure that looks like it's about to say something all the time. Still. It looks really good.

I know. I was waiting for someone to go $209... etc....

After extensive math, I have discovered that I save $1 going thru Sideshow direct rather than buying thru BBTS. Strange I know. It's the RPs in conjunction with the coupon.

Plus, I get the figure next day because I live so close to Sideshow. So there's also that.

But don't you have to pay tax living in Cali?? You'd pay no tax with BBTS.

But don't you have to pay tax living in Cali?? You'd pay no tax with BBTS.

Yep, I know, and I still come out ahead (tax gets washed by coupon $ leftover and reward points). Actually, the use of the coupon may negate 10 RPs... so instead of $1 better its an exact wash between SS and BBTS... but immediately shipping wins.

Even thought I continue to order through SS ... I should have waited for Toy Square in Canada. Always get reamed an extra $50 CAD at Fed EX.

seriously, i always laugh when people not only preorder it immediately, but also comment to tell us they did so.

You must also laugh when people post to inform everyone they've received their figure and then just post a picture of the box; sometimes still in the shipper.

Or sometimes, not even a picture at all.

Back