1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered BvS Bats just last week, and If this comes up for pre-order today I might get it also. Am I dumb, crazy, or both?

His was also the nicest, cleanest and most pleasant Gotham City to live in; so West's Batman is the only successful one of the bunch!

Honestly, maybe it's just that I've become more socially conscious as I've gotten older, but I've grown to think of West's Batman as, perhaps, the best, in terms of characterization. First off, he works within the confines of the law and with the GCPD, as opposed to outside of them. Granted, this has a lot to do with their characterization, as well, as they're not a bunch of corrupt pricks, but, still, role model! Second, while he could kick your ass, he wasn't a bloodthirsty fascist who'd beat you for the sake of beating you; he always gave his foes a chance to surrender peacefully and any fighting he did was pretty much self-defense when they opted to attack him. Plus? He genuinely cared about people. Not just the citizens of Gotham, but the criminals, as well. He believed in rehabilitation and encouraged Robin to keep an open mind, even when it turned out not to work.

Then, there's Robin. He really built that kid up. Training him as his protegé in all aspects of life, from the arts to education, he was methodical in the way he approached everything, when it came to Grayson, and Aunt Harriet's presence there made D!ck's relationship as his ward pretty clear, as she was the legal guardian, and Bruce was the mentor who took him under his wing, which, again, role model!

There have been so many interpretations of Batman across comics, TV and film both animated and live action. Everyone has their favourite and that will likely be the one they deem the best. Bale has the best two movies in my opinion but for my own personal tastes Affleck is a much better Batman. Can't stand armour on a regular Batsuit, the Bale suit is just to sleek and clinical. Affleck looks like he walked right out of the comic books in his BvS suit and moves pretty fast despite the bulk.

TDKR might be the reason I have little nostalgia for Bale Batman now. Seeing him thrown around so easily by Bane left a bad taste. I don't mind him losing the first fight, he has to for the sake of the plot, but at least make it an epic contest. The way Batfleck kicked a load of ass before eventually losing his battle with the Parademons in the BvS knightmare sequence was much more fitting of the character. That and the warehouse scene are how I want Batman to look and act in combat.

Retiring after just a few active years and eight years of exile really sucked the fun out of it to. BvS may be the first time we see Affleck's Batman but I do think he does a great job of conveying that Battle weary feel through a couple of decades protecting Gotham. We see him at his lowest point but I really don't mind that. Batman is always the hero that should go closest to the edge before being dragged back and after all the origin stories it's cool to see a more aged Batman.

We'll now get a more hopeful Batman in JL and his solo movie. I hope we never see him retire this time, that should happen off screen and just be left to our own imaginations. I'd honestly rather him die in combat if they really feel the need to conclude his story on screen.

I ordered BvS Bats just last week, and If this comes up for pre-order today I might get it also. Am I dumb, crazy, or both?

Neither, collect what you want and don't worry what others think. You can always sell one of them and make a few quid back if you eventually decide you don't need both.

As all know, I have the B v S Bats, but I'm still waiting on the PO release for this version.. end of story plain and simple :lecture

Being Batman would be pretty depressing, seeing everything you work for night-in night-out unravel as soon as you fix it. Affleck conveyed that sense of hopelessness perfectly imo.

Just spoke to a rep from Sideshow. She said it had not been confirmed that they will be carrying this piece, and to stay tuned to the website and newsletter for updates. So it sounds like no pre order today ��

The rebreather version has been in the coming soon section for months. They'll have it.
I know right? Reps say whatever just to get you off their back. I wouldn't take their word for it. I would just wait it out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How come it will take till Q4 to release? It's pretty much just a reissue with a new cape and case. Thought it would be out by the spring.

They have a bunch of marvel to release of course.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Anyone still hopeful that this will go up for PO today? I missed out on the BVS version so I've been really looking forward to this one!

I asked their social media rep, and the reply on pre-order was: "We haven’t gotten word yet, but we will let you know if/when we do. :)" So it could be sprung on them at any time.

Why do you guys always do this? Always hyping things up and planting fear in each other's heads about missing out like a bunch of magpies.

When it comes up for order, it comes up. You don't have to stalk the website or contact customer service. Just wait and order when it goes live.

If people weren't excited, it would suck more. Anticipation is all part of the fun.
I think youre mistaking lack of patience for anticipation.

It will go on PO when it goes out on PO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back