1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine still says UPS shipping label created, order processed, ready for UPS, what the hell man, been like that since Friday.

I'm still keeping my hopes alive :pray:

I contacted Sideshow today via chat asking if there was a chance that my waitlist (that I went on February 14th) would convert and received the following response:

Yes of course! We see the most reservations converting into live orders once the item starts shipping, and because this item just started shipping, I think you have a really good chance.

I have the BvS version but would still like this one, if only to put in different displays and to get a suit that is a little lighter in color.

I'm still keeping my hopes alive :pray:

I contacted Sideshow today via chat asking if there was a chance that my waitlist (that I went on February 14th) would convert and received the following response:

"Yes of course! We see the most reservations converting into live orders once the item starts shipping, and because this item just started shipping, I think you have a really good chance."

I have the BvS version but would still like this one, if only to put in different displays and to get a suit that is a little lighter in color.

Yeah, I got on the waitlist on the 14th as well.

And I was chatting with them earlier this week and that's the exact response they gave me as well. They also said that they've only shipped about 15% percent of the orders placed so far. So hopefully thats a good indicator that there will be more cancellations. I'm crossing my fingers

Got this guy today and man is he better looking then the one from BvS in my opinion. I actually like this wire cape which I think all comic book characters that have capes should have the wired capes. Makes for better displaying. Hopefully next I can get Wonder Woman soon.

No one was home to sign for my Batman today...[emoji17]
I'm going to have to pick him up at the UPS Store when time permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just paid of my batman today. Got shipping confirmation email. Hopefully I can be here to get it. Or ups doesn't get lazy like last time and decide not to look for my house to drop it off.

Wow, I got on the waitlist on the 14th as well so maybe there is hope! Earlier in the week I was giving up on this figure. I guess I will hold on for awhile longer Thanks everyone.
Yeah, I got on the waitlist on the 14th as well.

And I was chatting with them earlier this week and that's the exact response they gave me as well. They also said that they've only shipped about 15% percent of the orders placed so far. So hopefully thats a good indicator that there will be more cancellations. I'm crossing my fingers

Shocker UPS didn’t leave the package even though I pre signed for it. It’s the second time this month they’ve done this. It’s painful to get the packages picked up from them where I live. Does SS ship via FedEx for domestic?

Mine just arrived a few minutes ago. This is probably the most excited I've been for a Hot Toys figure in a while. It's cool that they even included the Bat Brand.

I'm also tired out of my mind, so I accidentally dumped out the accessories when I went to get his cape out of the plastic wrap. They're all good though. :lol

My only complaint with him so far is his cape. It's been hard trying to get it to look normal. One of his legs feels longer than the other too.

My wife went to the UPS Store to pick up Batman! Can't wait to get home! Errr... uh, to see my wife. Yes. To see my wife. That sounds good. Is this thing on?! *Click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only complaint with him so far is his cape. It's been hard trying to get it to look normal. One of his legs feels longer than the other too.

Cape is hard to tame but once you got it right you will like it a lot. About legs i noticed that too.

Got him last night.
Here's my take on the difference between the BvS and SS. My opinion of course may differ from others cause it may depend on your display and lighting.
My display is in a darker room setting with LED lighting.

First, lets get the negative thing out of the way. Personally, I think the the cape is a POS.
I actually prefer BvS cape, if you have lots of lots of patience, the BvS cape can look magnificent.
SS cape can look ok, but honestly, There's a huge huge chance I'll probably get a custom cape.

Now the difference between the two, pictures dont convey how massive he is compared to the BvS. I've seen many people say he is massive but when you look at the pictures, the difference seem minimal. Its not. If this were two people, If it was a real person, I would say he's 25-30 lbs heavier.
I was actually surprised after seeing my own pics, that the difference in size looks minimal just like the other comparison pics I've seen.
When I asked for opinions last night between the two, the first thing they they said was SS version is huge. He looks very close to how Affleck looked on film.

The suit is also is noticeably lighter. I've seen people say that the suit material is different. I dont think it is. I'm pretty certain HT applied a lighter coat of silver/gray wash on the suit.
After repainting my other BvS figure, you do see a loss of detail on texture cause of the coats of paint.
If you look at the BvS figure in the pic, you can see the lines that are all over the suit are more pronounced. When you look at the SS, you can see a loss of detail, and I believe that's cause of the extra coats of paint to make the suit ligher.

The cowl is darker on BvS and has a little more of a shine to it, the SS cowl is a tad lighter and has more of a matte finish.
The cuts on the Bat Symbol are deeper and more noticeable on SS. The Bat symbol is more noticeable since there is more contrast between the symbol and the suit's color.

Bvs on the LEFT, SS on the RIGHT.

CwHR6bc.jpg

AlMOb5R.jpg

EP3ddGQ.jpg

gCSWjed.jpg

For those trying to decide between the two, If you are stickler for screen accuracy, definitely try to get the SS version cause he is definitely noticeably bigger than BvS. The suit is lighter, definitely the more screen accurate version.

If you already have a BvS, and screen accuracy is not your biggest concern, BvS is perfectly fine. Its by no means inferior...in fact, this is gonna sound strange since my comparison seems to point to SS, but I actually think the BvS look better.
When I was looking at the BvS figure last night, to me, he appears more like a younger batman. Like Several years before Man of Steel.
he is also big and ripped, but he looks leaner, the cowl and suit is shiny, you see more detail on the suit giving the impression that his suit is still fresh and new.
The SS version, he looks heavier, the suit and cowl has more of a matte finish, giving the impression of a used suit with deeper damage cuts on the symbol.

I sat there last night for a long long time, trying to decide which one to keep cause I'm only gonna keep one of these.
They both have their pros and cons. I probably will keep the SS since I do favor a more screen accurate version. But the BvS is gonna be hard to let go cause I do think it looks awesome!

Last edited:
Back