1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried my suggestion?

Just a suggestion and what I am going to use...

So when I got my Chirrut Imwe and noticed the neck had very thin white plastic wrapped around it. Hot Toys must have put that there to protect it from the collar of the blue clothing while laying in the box. Upon removing it, I immediately knew what it was. It was Thread Tape that plumbers use. It wraps very tightly and thinly around pipe threads to you can still thread pipes and have them seal at the threads. This should be perfect to protect the arms and yet have no bulk or bunching as cling wrap or a shirt would do. It should also be very easy to wrap around the arms. Here is an example of what I am referring to:

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

My figure with white shirt underneath the coat.

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

got mine yesterday, the coat looks so much better in person than the early photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a couple of days with this figure i can tell it is a masterpiece. Worth every dollar. Really stands out in my collection.

IMG_5236.jpgIMG_5243.jpgIMG_5273.jpg

Some quick pics I took of mine. I feel that the standard head looks best without the jacket but with the jacket on I prefer the AA head. Currently displaying without the jacket (not bc of staining, just bc I like the look for now)

Take off the chains, the bracelet and watches. Then you'll have the "arkham version" from the beginning of the movie / from Empire cover.

I had a lot of back and forth with this figure. Ordered the Arkham one, and then ordered both this and the tux versions. I soon realized that I didn't need all three, and since I'd never cancelled an order before, Sideshow was kind enough to let me cancel both this and the tux version, refunding both deposits.

Cut to last week when I realized that my Arkham version just doesn't represent Joker enough from the whole movie. So now I've re-ordered this guy and he arrives Monday. I'm excited to have a more "iconic" Joker version on my shelf, but kind of wish I'd skipped the Arkham version, even though I prefer his head sculpt. As it is, I'll just have two Letos now...

The iconic Leto Joker hasnt been releases yet but IMO the tux and asylum come close with some well known outfits but this one does not get close to a classic purple coat version (besides the purple coat)...the rest is just bleh.

The Arkham pants on him with the Arkham sculpt looks great. I love the Arkham Asylum look, though and don't want to change him, I think it's my favourite one but I really want the Arkham pants on the purple coat.

I received the Purple Coat Joker… and sold him off the next day.

In-hand, I really hated the head sculpt, and the outfit is just so bizarre that it
was a really easy decision to let him go and keep the Tuxedo version to go with Harley.

Will probably pick up Deadshot with the money I made back selling this guy off.

Got a $25 off the Arkham asylum version joker I'm not gonna use if anyone wants it pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing huh,that's a good sign,I've got a spare cheap body,I might just put it on the body and leave it for a few days,see how it goes

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Back