1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the justification/history of the dragon tattoo? What's the back story?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's from a comic version of The Joker. Since there's a similarity in the look of that version of The Joker and Leto's version, people just assumed Leto's Joker would have the same back tattoo.

ac943a4ae4aff025fca5ba64934ee635.jpg

the director said batman punched out his teeth.

in response, joker got the tattoo to say something along the lines of "i used to be beautiful, but now you've damaged me."

sdfakjsdlfjkasdfaf

the exact words from Ayer:

"This is sort of my personal thing and maybe less about a larger connection. But Joker killed Robin and Batman basically smashes his teeth out and locks him up in Arkham Asylum. It's in the asylum where Joker would have done the 'damaged' tattoo as a message to Batman saying, 'You've damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you've destroyed my face.' That's where the grill comes from."

I'm surprised more people aren't just cringing about this honestly.

the exact words from Ayer:

"This is sort of my personal thing and maybe less about a larger connection. But Joker killed Robin and Batman basically smashes his teeth out and locks him up in Arkham Asylum. It's in the asylum where Joker would have done the 'damaged' tattoo as a message to Batman saying, 'You've damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you've destroyed my face.' That's where the grill comes from."

I'm surprised more people aren't just cringing about this honestly.

Like it was stated, that must not be canon. Word from the movie is that Harley killed Robin, it says it in her file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like it was stated, that must not be canon. Word from the movie is that Harley killed Robin, it says it in her file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says she's an accomplice, not that she actually murdered him.

she let joker out, he killed robin, she's now an accomplice.

The only thing I really find cringey is Ayer's delivery of it, but that's probably him just responding to a question on the spot. I can imagine the Joker getting the damaged tattoo as a sort of joke, I think it fits Leto's interpretation of the character. Might tie into the hand tattoo as well.

It would be interesting if the solo Batman movie was a prequel that involved Joker and Robin. They could probably use a lot of the cut footage between Harley and Joker from SS as well as have footage of him without the damaged tattoo for all those that hate it, if what Ayer says is cannon.

It's from a comic version of The Joker. Since there's a similarity in the look of that version of The Joker and Leto's version, people just assumed Leto's Joker would have the same back tattoo.

Not really an assumption since he has a back tattoo in the film and some of the merchandise has it too.

Back