Hot Toys MMS372 BvS: Dawn of Justice Knightmare Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible Fig

How long did he take to release and does anyone know why he got held up?

I think they showed him at SDCC 15 right? Or some toy convention in 2015, then there were rumors about rights to use Dave Bautista, some about the WWE getting involved, no idea if any of it was true, then things just completely died down until a few months ago when the pre-order finally went up.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible Fig

I think they showed him at SDCC 15 right? Or some toy convention in 2015, then there were rumors about rights to use Dave Bautista, some about the WWE getting involved, no idea if any of it was true, then things just completely died down until a few months ago when the pre-order finally went up.

Sounds complicated, I don't think licensing is an issue with this figure I'm hoping it's just because their getting the cap 3 figures out for now before releasing more BVS figures OR better yet they make a Bruce Wayne sculpt.

Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible Figure

How long did he take to release and does anyone know why he got held up?

According to Motux (who has some inside knowledge with Hot Toys, so I tend to believe his information), it was a problem with the prototype regarding the tattoos and QC (something like that), which made they restart R&D on the figure.

There are figures that were shown and dropped by Hot Toys in the past, but they are a minority (really minor percentage) and, at least to my knowledge, all had some kind of problem (either actor likeness license or low selling in that particular line), it's not worth the cost of developing a figure to drop it.

They might be improving something in the figure, or just fitting it into their schedule. The only way they would drop this figure (IMO) would be if the BvS figures didn't sell enough, which seems quite unlikely.

That said, I do believe it's a matter of time.

Maybe, they want to add Bruce Wayne head to it, and they're working on it. Can't wait for the PO as well.

Lets not lose hope yet. Could be the reason for the delay. Maybe its releasing this week? I don't see Civil War having anymore figures until Spidey.

I don't think they'll do Doomsday. Wouldn't he be at least as big as the Hulkbuster? And everybody hated his design... or most people did. Maybe a battle damaged Supes with Heat Vision, or a battle damaged Bats with the spear? We need the spear.

I can see them maybe doing one or two more figures at most, if that.

They're not doing anymore BVS figures, this Knightmare Batman will be the last one.

They're not doing anymore BVS figures, this Knightmare Batman will be the last one.

There's at least one more that was sent for Approval. Who knows when/if it will go to production, though.

Apocalypse Batman definitely will, though.

There's at least one more that was sent for Approval. Who knows when/if it will go to production, though.

How do you know another figure was sent for approval?

I got a bad feeling they will release a two pack battle damaged armored batman with kryptonite spear and heat vision punched up superman

If they are going to put out that figure, I hope it isn't another superman or batman. It probably will be a battle damaged armoured Batman though, but a different character would be more interesting to me.

I would like Doomsday where he has evolved and has the bones sticking out of his body.

I loved the movie but the only other character I'd actually want to own is Alfred.
Irons is probably my favorite Alfred so far and I'd love a figure of him, but I can't really see one being made for BvS
We'll definitely see more of him in other movies though, with JL 1&2 & the batman solo.
So I think think/hope that we could actually see him released by Hot Toys at SOME point.
:pray:

Last edited:

I loved the movie but the only other character I'd actually want to own is Alfred.
Irons is probably my favorite Alfred so far and I'd love a figure of him, but I can't really see one being made for BvS
We'll definitely see more of him in other movies though, with JL 1&2 & the batman solo.
So I think think/hope that we could actually see him released by Hot Toys at SOME point.
:pray:

Alfred would be pretty awesome actually. He should come with some equipment and diorama set piece. They really need to release the Batmobile as well so you can recreate that bit where he's working on it.

If there's a new figure that was sent for approval it's nothing but a slight variant of the other figures. A battle damaged armored Batman maybe?

Back