Hot Toys MMS372 BvS: Dawn of Justice Knightmare Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible Fig

This figure should have a frightened-expression faceplate just like in the trailer. This Batman is the first to show fear, he also looked helpless and scared when Doomsday showed up and zapped him with his "heat vision." Instead of using his car's ejection seat to escape, he just tries to shield himself with his arms. So uncharacteristic, so un-Batman.

Wow... what's the rest of the film like? I mean you must have seen it right to be making these calls... not like you could be basing your whole opinion on a few seconds of trailer that are out of context or that may not even make the final cut! :slap

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible Fig

It feels so weird to see so many people crap on MoS because personally it's the first superman movie I ever liked, and I like it alot. I watch it at least once a month. To each their own I guess, but honestly in my eyes everything superman was boring as f#*k before MoS (besides the animated series and JLU)... That's why I have nothing but optimism for BvS and beyond... The only real uncertainties to me are Fresh Prince as Deadshot and Leto as Joker, but Leto has never let me down as an artist so I have faith in him and i'm expecting a joker we've never seen before.

I liked it a lot too. But it seems it really is a divisive movie. I also have no problem with Snider's previous movies, I did enjoy them.

but honestly in my eyes everything superman was boring as f#*k before MoS (besides the animated series and JLU)...
That's always the case with people who don't know anything about Supes, I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but I have yet to find a single person who has actually read a Supes' book and disliked the character, not even joking. I suppose I'll find one eventually, but so far, not one.

But I do like MoS a lot.

To be fair, all of Snyder's movies have received about "average to meh" in reviews from both critics and internet.

Visually stunning... everything else just serviceable to shallow.

That's always the case with people who don't know anything about Supes, I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but I have yet to find a single person who has actually read a Supes' book and disliked the character, not even joking. I suppose I'll find one eventually, but so far, not one.

But I do like MoS a lot.

I was referring primarily to the superman movies before MoS and not really the comics when saying superman is boring, but I see where you're coming from... While I admit to not knowing all the ins and outs of Kal, I have actually read a few stories of his over the years. I guess I just find his enemies more interesting than him in general. Before the death of superman story I really didn't read much superman material, but since then I've really enjoyed the additions of 2 of my favorite DC villains since then in Doomsday and Cyborg Superman... I also really enjoyed Superboy Primes arcs before they put him to rest... The boring nature of superman for me doesn't stem from lack of info, but more from personal preference in the black and white nature of his morals while the MoS superman has a noticeable grey area in morality, which was new and welcome to me... Though I did start to like the new attitude they gave him in new 52, and I really enjoyed forever evil, but even that superman got old for me... and I also didn't care for Cyborg Supermans new origin... Superman is still generally my least favorite JL member, But I don't hate him by any means... It's just that every movie before MoS was some combination of boring, corny, or terribly written in my eyes.

I don't know if it's been mentionned already but this Apocalypse Batman reminds me of JSA Liberty Files Batman:

ewbatman.jpg

Thanks, I remembered seeing it somewhere before but couldn't recall where.

I was referring primarily to the superman movies before MoS and not really the comics when saying superman is boring, but I see where you're coming from... While I admit to not knowing all the ins and outs of Kal, I have actually read a few stories of his over the years. I guess I just find his enemies more interesting than him in general. Before the death of superman story I really didn't read much superman material, but since then I've really enjoyed the additions of 2 of my favorite DC villains since then in Doomsday and Cyborg Superman... I also really enjoyed Superboy Primes arcs before they put him to rest... The boring nature of superman for me doesn't stem from lack of info, but more from personal preference in the black and white nature of his morals while the MoS superman has a noticeable grey area in morality, which was new and welcome to me... Though I did start to like the new attitude they gave him in new 52, and I really enjoyed forever evil, but even that superman got old for me... and I also didn't care for Cyborg Supermans new origin... Superman is still generally my least favorite JL member, But I don't hate him by any means... It's just that every movie before MoS was some combination of boring, corny, or terribly written in my eyes.

Boring? Superman isn't boring... not in the slightest! :cuckoo:

Always annoys me reading comments such as that. Superman is the genesis of the Superhero genre... without him there would be no Batman, Wonder Woman, DC Comics... and without those there would be no Marvel!

Superman does have one major flaw, however ...he's too powerful! His power has fluctuated in the comics over the years, I remember a comic where he physically pushed a planet for example, but essentially it is his abilities that make him hard character to write for or make films of – you have to either play up on his humanity, or give him a foe of comparable strength. To this end Kryptonite was created too... he had to have a weakness. So take the movies – first Donner film plays heavily on his humanity with Lois dying, Superman II gives him 3 comparable villains and makes him human. MoS again gives Superman a group of equally powerful villains, and also plays on his humanity.
The Hulk has this same problem and is as troubled when being committed to the big screen... it's easy to see that they play more heavily on his human/Banner side than the monster.

Superman is not too powerful, the days of Superman making up superpowers out of nowhere on the fly are decades gone, he's one of the most powerful of his tier, but there are more tiers above his.

Superman is not too powerful, the days of Superman making up superpowers out of nowhere on the fly are decades gone, he's one of the most powerful of his tier, but there are more tiers above his.

Really? Like who?

Not even tiers above, but in his same tier people like Shazam, Black Adam, Martian Manhunter, Ultraman etc etc could very well beat him.

For instance, Thor is about as powerful as Superman, maybe a tad below.

He was actually given a new power just this year. I know that and I don't even read superman comics. That can't be the only time it's happened in the last few decades.

thought this was funny and might give you guy a laugh to start the new year
happy new year to all

tumblr_nyt7grKf8K1rvya9ro1_1280.png

He was actually given a new power just this year. I know that and I don't even read superman comics. That can't be the only time it's happened in the last few decades.
You mean the sun flare? It didn't come out of nowhere, it derived from his heat vision and it had a reason, plus he had to learn control it (and failed to do so) and it wasn't even that powerful nor useful, and it presented a major drawback once used, which was being 24 hours completely powerless, it was more a disadvantage than it was a "power". Hell, with Ulysses gone I'm not sure we're even gonna see it again.

And yes, it was the only new "power" in decades, that was the tagline of many "geek" articles when it was introduced.

He used to be able to do ******** like "super ventriloquism" and "super hypnosis" and speaking every single language ever, like right out of the blue to fix a situation.

Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible...

You mean the sun flare? It didn't come out of nowhere, it derived from his heat vision and it had a reason, plus he had to learn control it (and failed to do so) and it wasn't even that powerful nor useful, and it presented a major drawback once used, which was being 24 hours completely powerless, it was more a disadvantage than it was a "power". Hell, with Ulysses gone I'm not sure we're even gonna see it again.

And yes, it was the only new "power" in decades, that was the tagline of many "geek" articles when it was introduced.

He used to be able to do ******** like "super ventriloquism" and "super hypnosis" and speaking every single language ever, like right out of the blue to fix a situation.

Comic from 2012, when He watched krypton explode, they gave him a new power too.

"To observe the end of Krypton, Superman and the scientists at the Hayden Planetarium create an interferometer — a giant virtual telescope resulting from combining the observations of various telescopes spread out by great distances. ("The word 'interferometer' actually appears" in the comic! Tyson gloated).

To do this, they ask all the world's telescopes to view Krypton at the same time and send their observations back to the planetarium. Then, Superman (using a new power not previously ascribed to him) uses his supercomputer-like internal calculation abilities to combine the data into a single picture of Krypton exploding".

How a Real-Life Astrophysicist Found Superman's Planet Krypton: The Inside Story

There is also a video ion YouTube about it, from Neil deGrasse Tyson, telling the story and how they decided that he could do super calculations that no computer on earth could do.

That's no new superpower, he can do supercalculations just fine, he does them all the time. In fact, he can physically read physical binary data and convert it to whatever format it's supposed to have right from a disk or drive with his microscopic/x-ray vision.

Those are calculations no "earth computer can do" in the real world, but supercomputers in the DC universe can, just not as fast as Supes, still he's not nearly as fast as the Watchtower computer or Cyborg himself and not to mention the Flash who makes even the Watchtower computer lag.

Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible...

That's no new superpower, he can do supercalculations just fine, he does them all the time. In fact, he can physically read physical binary data and convert it to whatever format it's supposed to have right from a disk or drive with his microscopic/x-ray vision.

Those are calculations no "earth computer can do" in the real world, but supercomputers in the DC universe can, just not as fast as Supes, still he's not nearly as fast as the Watchtower computer or Cyborg himself and not to mention the Flash who makes even the Watchtower computer lag.

Ok. But sorry, I will stay with the word of the Geek astrophysicist genius on the article.

Also, I'm a comic reader since the early 80's, having never stopped, not saying that makes my opinion any better than yours, but I just want to register I'm not a laymen.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Apocalypse Batman Collectible...

Ok. But sorry, I will stay with the word of the Geek astrophysicist genius on the article.
About what? :lol wasn't the point that it was a "new" superpower or that Supes was OP? Because it's neither.

Also, I'm a comic reader since the early 80's, having never stopped, not saying that makes my opinion any better than yours, but I just want to register I'm not a laymen.
Then you should know better than most that Supes is not OP.

The sun flare thingy is a new power, just cause it derives from one of his other powers, doesn't mean it's not new. If Cyclops suddenly were able of "explode with powerbeam" then it would be a new power too.
The problem with Superman is that he is too powerful. So, they took that away (in the comic book). This new storyline is poorly written and takes Supes underground where he behaves very much out of character and does stupid things. They expose his secret identity, which is cool, and all they get out if that great story possibility is this mess. But sorry, that is for another forum. This Bats figure looks cool, but for me too much "otherworldly" bats.

Back