Hot Toys MMS372 BvS: Dawn of Justice Knightmare Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I decided to cut some fabric from a really thin sock to create a darker, more screen-accurate scarf: Here is a test shot..ignore the small pieces of lint lol

Has anyone tried dyeing the spare scarf?
Sorry rogue, I wish you hadn't said it was a sock-I look at it and I see a cut up sock round his neck lol.
No offense, it's just missing the detail of the scarf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried dyeing the spare scarf?
Sorry rogue, I wish you hadn't said it was a sock-I look at it and I see a cut up sock round his neck lol.
No offense, it's just missing the detail of the scarf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol no worries man, it was more of a test with the color. I plan on buying some material from michaels or Walmart, cutting to match the hot toys scarf and adding wire. I plan on on improving this :)

Batman%u00252BSuperman%u00252BFuture%u00252Bbatsuit.jpg

HT's scarf color is actually fairly accurate.

The movie makes his scarf look way darker than it is.

I'm all about actual costume accuracy than filtered movie accuracy that can change from scene to scene.

View attachment 316762

HT's scarf color is actually fairly accurate.

The movie makes his scarf look way darker than it is.

I'm all about actual costume accuracy than filtered movie accuracy that can change from scene to scene.

This is very true. The color in which it was filmed definitely makes it seem darker. It almost has a reddish/black look to it in the movie:

Hey guys. The strap on my SCAR gun almost tore in half near the butt of the gun. Not sure what from, but is there anything you guys can suggest to put it back together or any advice at all? I don't want it breaking and if it does I want to be able to fix it or repair it hopefully.

My God, looking at the actual film jacket, the Hot Toys version is abysmal - it's sort of like the Crow's leather jacket just dyed with a bit of fabric at the bottom, it looks weightless, stiff and the wrong colour.

Hot Toys sculpts are great, they just seem to drop the ball sometimes on their tailoring, sometimes way under par compared to everything else.

Hot Toys sculpts are great, they just seem to drop the ball sometimes on their tailoring, sometimes way under par compared to everything else.

I said something similar to this in a recent discussion we had at our local collectors' Facebook group. Overall, HT looks fantastic - sculpt, paint, and the fit of their clothing. Can't say the same abojt the material. I guess it's where HT tries to cut costs by going for the cheaper fabric possible. Their pleather in particular is more on the fragile side, prone to premature flaking. I've had a broken office chair covered with soft pleather that was placed in the open garage for more than a year, exposed to extreme sun and rain. Never flaked, never cracked.

I said something similar to this in a recent discussion we had at our local collectors' Facebook group. Overall, HT looks fantastic - sculpt, paint, and the fit of their clothing. Can't say the same abojt the material. I guess it's where HT tries to cut costs by going for the cheaper fabric possible. Their pleather in particular is more on the fragile side, prone to premature flaking. I've had a broken office chair covered with soft pleather that was placed in the open garage for more than a year, exposed to extreme sun and rain. Never flaked, never cracked.

Yeah, it does seem more fragile than usual - can especially feel it with deadpool - he's going to be in the most neutral action pose for me as I can, material just looks like it will damage easily and I just don't want to risk overstretching etc. I did a bit with my Spiderman 2 and regretted it, not as completely smooth as it came new, so I'm leaning more on neutral museum action poses now, would rather have great looking material that fits well than sagging that's evident when a pose needs changing.

It frustrates me with their materials choices sometimes - they just lack weight and authenticity, it's mostly stuff with things like Batman's jacket - Doesn't look like it hands, the material is way off also, just seems like a quick shortcut from them, and to be honest just undermines everything else. Probably the only reason why I didn't go for this one in the end.

What did the other people in your group say?

I think we need to remember theses are scaled figures and it wont always be possible to replicate a material from 1:1 to 1:6 perfectly.

I think we need to remember theses are scaled figures and it wont always be possible to replicate a material from 1:1 to 1:6 perfectly.

Of course. Doesn't have to be perfect -- they just have to be better. Just look at those Batman capes. Some people need not go the Tony Mei route even, and find better material with better drape for a very low cost per yard.

Understandable, but on the one hand, with the huge price points these are... the fact is there are better material choices out there, ones that look like the film material and have the same properties as they should, for example capes that actually drape and are a snug fit.

Heck, you just have to look at the MoS Superman cape compared to the BvS cape, the BvS is incredible, really great weight to it that makes it drape down and it looks accurate.

The point is, there are better material options Hot Toys could use, and they could spend more time and attention to detail and money on the tailoring, because they would still be making a boat load of money from us... it's just that all that time and detail is spent on the sculpt, when it should be spent on everything.

And to be honest I sort of feel like it's semi-intentional so that people can see improvements over time and keep interest in their lines. Because let's admit, if you buy a double of a character, it isn't completely for new suit changes, it's also because the suit and materials fit better, are more accurate etc.

Understandable, but on the one hand, with the huge price points these are... the fact is there are better material choices out there, ones that look like the film material and have the same properties as they should, for example capes that actually drape and are a snug fit.

Heck, you just have to look at the MoS Superman cape compared to the BvS cape, the BvS is incredible, really great weight to it that makes it drape down and it looks accurate.

The point is, there are better material options Hot Toys could use, and they could spend more time and attention to detail and money on the tailoring, because they would still be making a boat load of money from us... it's just that all that time and detail is spent on the sculpt, when it should be spent on everything.

And to be honest I sort of feel like it's semi-intentional so that people can see improvements over time and keep interest in their lines. Because let's admit, if you buy a double of a character, it isn't completely for new suit changes, it's also because the suit and materials fit better, are more accurate etc.
I feel the same way too:exactly:

Was debating between armored and this one. Decided to go with knightmare as armored seems a little easier to find. Can't wait to get him in. Definitely one of my favorite scenes in the film.
:yess:

Good choice! I am fortunate enough to have all 3 in my collection. I love all of them, but I think Knightmare Batfleck has been the most fun to pose, photograph, and display.

Got this figure today, totally happy with him. I thought Armored Batman had a great shelf presence but Knightmare is definitely on par.

muGfuZR.jpg

And just a little cheap gag that crossed my mind while displaying:
QdZOamB.jpg

"The Orb...do you have it?"

Back